Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why would an estate agent use 1 property site and not the other

Options
  • 14-04-2017 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

I sold my house last year, nothing strange with the sale and the agent advertised on both myhome and daft.
    I am in the process of selling another house now and the agent is not using one of the above sites. I can't get, what i believe to be, a realistic answer out of them.
    Do certain agents have deals with one or other of the sites to advertise solely on them or am i missing something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Simply cost. To use Myhome for example is very expensive per property if you don't advertise on it much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    Simply cost. To use Myhome for example is very expensive per property if you don't advertise on it much.

Is there much of a difference between the cost of myhome and daft for an agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The house will sell quickly with just one site. When things are quieter they use as many as possible. Some houses are being sold without listings at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Anybody thinking of buying will be looking everywhere. No need to list in more than one place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

In a strong market , using both is not required .
    He could though owe one of them money and need to clear a debt to start using again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

hairyslug wrote: »
    Is there much of a difference between the cost of myhome and daft for an agent.

Yes Daft is very cheap compared with myhome and pretty much anybody can use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭BigAl81

I'd be more thinking why would anyone use an estate agent when you could go straight to Daft yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

An EA distant relative of my husband told us a while back that his office pulled a lot of listings of myhome.ie when the website was down/intermittent while they were upgrading it, business didn't suffer so they haven't been using it half as much as they used to.

Advertisement