Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc upgrade.

Options
  • 14-04-2017 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

My old 970 died and looking for an upgrade. Have a 1440P monitor and wondering is the RX 480 8gb the best bang for buck at the minute? Also have 2*4 GB of ram, is it worth upgrading to 16GB of Ram. Current setup is 550W VS series, 256gb SSD, 1 TB hard drive, 2*4 gb of ram, H81-C board, I5 4460.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

8gb RAM is fine, only games I've seen that really push the limits are the battlefield games. I would tend to agree that the RX480 is the best price/performance card at the moment. The GTX 1060 is the Nvidia alternative. If you can stand to wait, AMD Vega and the RX series refresh are coming soon. I don't think I've heard anything new about the Nvidia lineup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The only thing is that it's not much of an upgrade. For a genuine 'upgrade' you'd be looking at a GTX1070 or R9 Fury (latter isn't easy find anymore though and prices are higher than should be).

RX480 8GB is a good card though and the best value really and does offer you increased vram which would make a big difference in some games at 1440p!

Advertisement