Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc alarm

Options
  • 14-04-2017 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi folks
    I recently had to change the SIM card in my alarm due to leaving it deactivate. I installed a new Vodafone sim and topped it up and no luck with it working. can anybody tell me the steps in doing this correctly and i have the engineer code. Thanks for any help in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Have you contacted your installer with regards to this ? Would take him/her 5 mins to sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Milltown17

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Have you contacted your installer with regards to this ? Would take him/her 5 mins to sort.

Yeah contacted the company they are charging 80 euro to sort. With a bit of help i don't see why i cant do it myself and save 80 euro

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you powered down the system and power it back up after you insert the sim card.
    Have you the sim pin turned off for the card?

Hi guys
    Does anyone know how to turn off the SIM code on the SIM card seems to be the only thing I haven't tried

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Milltown17 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Does anyone know how to turn off the SIM code on the SIM card seems to be the only thing I haven't tried

If this is the 10/70 the installer may have put the code off the old sim into the system.
    If so you can put the sim in a phone and change the pin to suit.

Another thing to note is the newer 087 sims dont work anymore with the system. You would need a meteor sim.

• Advertisement

Hi I took out the Vodafone SIM and reset the pin to no avail still the same way.i did notice on the gsm dialler that the red light flashes 3 times quickly and doesn't do it again for another 10 seconds. How do I know if it's a 10/70 system that needs to be reprogramed. Also I bought that Vodafone SIM two months ago so maybe that's my problem should I purchase a meteor SIM card.

I forgot to say I put the Vodafone SIM into my phone and made a call from it so looks like the sim is working correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

As was said above the Vodafone Sims won't work in the HKC GSM unit the only ones I use is meteor as they have the 2G Sims. The 3G&4G only Sims don't work

quote="Milltown17;103439331"]I forgot to say I put the Vodafone SIM into my phone and made a call from it so looks like the sim is working correctly[/quote]

Hi
    I rang meteor there and they told me that they have no 2g Sims and the only one they have is 4g Sims but she told me they sell loads for alarms.any idea where I would get a 2 g sim

uote="stuartkee;103441163"]As was said above the Vodafone Sims won't work in the HKC GSM unit the only ones I use is meteor as they have the 2G Sims. The 3G&4G only Sims don't work

quote="Milltown17;103439331"]I forgot to say I put the Vodafone SIM into my phone and made a call from it so looks like the sim is working correctly[/quote][/quote]

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would say whoever you got on the phone didn't know what they were on about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Just trust what we the people who do this for a living are trying to tell you we don't make the rules or the Sims or the gsms we just know how to make them all work together sometimes it defys logic but lots of things do in life so easy path to success is listen to the people who actually do it. not some uninterested lad who hasn't seen an alarm in his life . So Meteor SIM = success . 2G is the voice and text carrier which is what you want 3g and 4g are data only carrier's but some companys like THREE and Vodafone dont use the 2G anymore that why it wont work in your 2g HKC gsm Q as it only needs the 2g part . Sims have gotten fairly advanced but the HKC really only needs the simple and very reliable 2g . Hope that's cleared up the why of it.

Advertisement