If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STANDMOUNT SPEAKERS

Options
  • 14-04-2017 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for some standmount speakers. I have a budget of £1000 to £1500. What can you recommend? They will be connected to a Cyrus Audio amp.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,
    I'm looking for some standmount speakers. I have a budget of £1000 to £1500. What can you recommend? They will be connected to a Cyrus Audio amp.
    Hi Mister Gooey,

For standmount speakers at that price point the best I have heard are the Monitor Audio Gold 100 at £1249.95. I have tested these against the Q Acoustics Concept 40s (floorstanders) as well as some other very high end speakers and for clarity, bass response and tone I haven't heard anything as good until you get to the Platinum range.

They are equipped with a ribbon tweeter and a large 6.5inch mid/bass driver and would pair very well with a Cyrus amp.

Beyond these I would also highly recommend the Dali Rubicon 2, Dalis flagship speaker. These retail at £1599 and sound stunning but based on the tweeter design I would definitely opt for the Monitor Audio Golds.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Hi,
    Checked out both speakers. They both sound great. What colours are they available in? And they be delivered to Dublin?

Hi,
    Checked out both speakers. They both sound great. What colours are they available in? And they be delivered to Dublin?
    Hi Mister Gooey,

The Monitor Audio Gold 100s are available in Dark Walnut, Piano Black, Gloss White and Gloss Ebony.

The Dalis are available in Gloss black.

Shipping to Dublin on both would be £6.99.

Kind regards

David

Hi,
    I think I'll go for the Dali Rubicon's. What's the best price you give me?

Hi,
    I think I'll go for the Dali Rubicon's. What's the best price you give me?
    Hey Mister Gooey.

The Rubicon 2's are excellent speakers!!

I could knock a £150 off of them and do them at a board special of £1449.00 delivered. That make us the cheapest for a brand new pair anywhere online.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/dali/rubicon-2/dali-rubi-2-gls-blk
    Only available in the Gloss Black finish.

• Advertisement

Great. How will i contact you?

Great. How will i contact you?
    If you drop us a PM with your contact number we will call you first thing in the morning (we've just closed up for the day).

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.