Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad version 7.0.4

Options
  • 14-04-2017 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Have the above iPad..
    Can't update to version 9.2.1

Does anyone know if my machine is too old to update? Have it just 4 years,
    When I try to update it gives me a message saying that it can't connection to the internet,,

Many thanks.

Roy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Anyone any thoughts?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

That looks like the software version that on the iPad. You need to find out which model of the iPad, usually found in settings>general>about. Then google the model and find out which is the latest version it will accept.

Thanks will do that.

Model is a1395 which was launched in 2011 even though I got it in 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭beherenow

That's an iPad 2 that you have. Support for IOS 10 was dropped last year for that iPad.

So IOS 9 would have been the most up to date software that you could have upgraded to.

• Advertisement

9.2.1 is trying to down load but tells me it's not connected to wifi,,,is it time to retire this iPad do u think?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

9.2.1 is trying to down load but tells me it's not connected to wifi,,,is it time to retire this iPad do u think?

But you are connected to WiFi, right? Safari and other internet apps work?

Yes safari works, wifi connects, tune in works perfect,

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

You can update it using a computer with iTunes as well.

Advertisement