Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is going on with Banking 365 and realtime balances?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭TheBeach

I took out 120 euro on Thursday. It was successfully debited from my account only to reappear yesterday (saturday) and is still there. I've no doubt if I went down to atm now I'd be able to take it out again only to be slapped with an overlimit charge tomorrow!

The 120euro I took out on Thursday (which came out and reappeared Saturday) is still there today. Maybe it'll be gone tomorrow again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

this is really annoying me now, I didnt think it was happening to many others, my balance is jumping up and down every day with no clear reasoning.  Im getting hit a week later sometimes with a payment that has already been taken out, and this happens at the same time as multiple small payments which end up having late fees costing more than the original payments.

what can us members do about this because BOI doesnt care

Well what I'm doing is moving accounts to ulster bank. A few colleagues are with them and pay just 4 euro a month back charges and their balance is realtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I received a letter from my branch informing me  that I have been overdrawn multiple times in this quarter and if it happens again I will be charged €10 for each time it happens,  you guys are robbing people blind with what I can only assume is windows xp run it network, cliche or not if this was America a class action would happen with nonsense like this. I look forward to this being investigated never.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

They are doing nothing...I have been in contact and have sent screenshots of various instances where money goes then reappears then disappears again sometimes a week later..they are still blaming retailers even though its all sorts of transactions not just ATM or debit cards...I did quick experiment last week with a retailer I know purchased something got cash back and money was instantly taken from account on Thursday and low and behold back into my account Saturday evening, it was the following Tuesday before money was eventually taken..
    BOI instantly blaming shop owner and said he must only do his card transactions twice a week but I know for certain shop owner does all his banking at end of day..and shop owner offered to speak to bank to confirm that but BOI were having none of it..
    I have forwarded on my complaint in writing with all paperwork and a confirmation from shop owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shivi111

I've been hit by this again today, it is so very frustrating as the balances used to be accurate and now I can never trust them. I'm seriously thinking of changing bank as its so inconvenient, and I've been with BOI for all my life.  

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Been like this for years , I moved to N26 last year, love it , instant notifications on my phone of all transactions and real time balance info.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I have had a number of similar problems to those posted here.  The silence of the reps in respect of an issue that is of obvious major concern to customers is dismaying to say the least. This dismissive attitude hardly shows any respect for customers

A major bank regularly supplying wrong information to customers in respect of account balances is surely totally unacceptable. What is more basic that being able to get a correct account balance?

How can their auditors stand over such a mess?

Has anyone considered approaching the financial regulator about this problem?

I get this a lot too. It's a pain in the ass.

I'd never really considered changing bank over it though, as I just presumed all were the same. Now that I know that's not the case, I think I may be finally saying goodbye to BOI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sadie9

This is happening with someone who is a social welfare recipient and a vulnerable person. Their balance is always wrong these days. They take out money, then it is still showing the next day so they take out more. Then they go overdrawn, then they are charged up to €10 fines each time for unpaid debits. 

That's a disgrace sadie9. Awful. People shouldn't be able to go overdrawn unless they have specifically set up an overdraft on their account. BOI's silence on this thread says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭seanin4711

As a result of this BS i am defaulting on my house insurance to the tune of 35.96 and zurich are charging me 20 default fee.(over 50%now  thats another issue).

But if my account has funds after i understand that i have paid my bills in it then i presume they are my funds and i will spend them.

Next thing you know account emptied and mispayment fees of 12euro for very DD missed.
    I really dont think this is fair on behalf of the bank as they are misrepresenting my funds

As an example this sort of BS has been happening on and off for the last couple of months.
    I am so so tempted to move bank been with them for over 20 years.
    sounds like BOI have changed their systems (cheaper) and as a result it throws everything out of whack.

BOI are getting complacent and/or their banking system is below par.
    after all I am doing my own banking and BOI are charging me for the privilege .

time to move!!!

anyone from BOI been on here?

Been like this for years , I moved to N26 last year, love it , instant notifications on my phone of all transactions and real time balance info.
    how easy was it to move?
    all your income and expenditure coming in and going out direct debits etc.
    how long did it take to move?
    thanks
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

It's all very simple. If the retailers are allowed to put through their files later, the shadow database should retain the shadow transaction, until the permanent transaction is posted. This is too technical for the moderators here, most likely. But should be escalated to the IT people in India as a matter of urgency.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭Tow

Ally, I think the problem is more fundamental.  It is not just one main database and list of shadow transactions.  They have one main database and appear to have multiple separate databases for each platform the data is accessed. e.g:

Main Database: 
     - > Banking 365 Website
     - > Business Online Website
     - > Credit Card Website
     - > Other business related websites/gateways etc
     - > Iphone/iPad App
     - > Android App

Each would appear to have it's own database and various 'live' feeds for daily transactions, but are then re-synced with the main database each night.  The end result speaks for its self.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Is this issue falling down betreen BOI Direct Banking Channels and BOI Group Manufacturing? Escalation of this matter would appear to have been ignored. The last response here from BOI was on 28 April last....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Balance correct but rent transaction of 1000 missing for a long period yesterday.  This isn't good enough.  For god's sake, the local bowling alley can manage its realtime maths better than Bank of Ireland.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi All,

We’ve gone into as much detail in relation to this as we can here.

If you have a query on a particular Visa debit card transaction on your account please send your query via the service desk on Banking 365 Online ‘Ask a question’ and an advisor will investigate for you.

Alternatively you can call BOI Direct on 0818365365/014044000 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

Representatives are available Monday-Friday 8am-Midnight, 9am-6pm weekends and bank holidays.

Thanks,

Tara C
    Hi All, 

Please be assured all feedback and comments posted have been escalated and we continue to monitor the thread. We don't want to bore or upset anyone with a copy and paste reply but we have gone in to as much details as we can on this subject.

Thanks for the continued feedback it is much appreciated. 
    Darren. 

• Advertisement

Hi All,

We’ve gone into as much detail in relation to this as we can here.

If you have a query on a particular Visa debit card transaction on your account please send your query via the service desk on Banking 365 Online ‘Ask a question’ and an advisor will investigate for you.

Alternatively you can call BOI Direct on 0818365365/014044000 and a representative will be happy to assist you.

Representatives are available Monday-Friday 8am-Midnight, 9am-6pm weekends and bank holidays.

Thanks,

Tara C
    Hi All, 

Please be assured all feedback and comments posted have been escalated and we continue to monitor the thread. We don't want to bore or upset anyone with a copy and paste reply but we have gone in to as much details as we can on this subject.

Thanks for the continued feedback it is much appreciated. 
    Darren. 
    You don't know the answer, because it is technical, but surely it is being escalated to your IT team in Dublin or India, or wherever it is currently supported from???

Tow wrote: »
    Ally, I think the problem is more fundamental.  It is not just one main database and list of shadow transactions.  They have one main database and appear to have multiple separate databases for each platform the data is accessed. e.g:

Main Database: 
     - > Banking 365 Website
     - > Business Online Website
     - > Credit Card Website
     - > Other business related websites/gateways etc
     - > Iphone/iPad App
     - > Android App

Each would appear to have it's own database and various 'live' feeds for daily transactions, but are then re-synced with the main database each night.  The end result speaks for its self.
    I'd imagine all platforms look at the same thing e.g online balances, shadow transactions, permanent balances, permanent transactions. It's the same moon and stars, but the telescopes are different

Typical response really and I am not surprised.....
    So today I checked my balance on iOS, android and web and all were different, the web balance while still not 100% correct was the nearest to what my balance should have been...so I have now deleted the BOI app and I have added a web bookmark to my home screen on my iPad, still transactions missing from weekend mind

Thursday 1st paid sky on the skypay section of skys website.
    no service yesterday so rang them up and confirmed payment had left my ac on my banking 365 whilst on phone with sky on the 1st June,grand .

But they had not received payment.

Wait until today still no phone service,rang sky - they hadn't received payment and check banking 365 and original sky transaction from 1st June disappeared  -WTF??????.

zero confidence in BOI online system.
    time to move been with them for just under 30years.
    bull****!

So again today not one transaction since last Thursday is showing on banking 365 ...two direct debits on Friday and the weeks shopping on Friday plus a few other bits over the weekend and my account is showing the exact same balance as last Thursday with that money available to spend as I please...might be updated by Thursday this week if I am lucky 🙄

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Thursday 1st paid sky on the skypay section of skys website.
    no service yesterday so rang them up and confirmed payment had left my ac on my banking 365 whilst on phone with sky on the 1st June,grand .

But they had not received payment.

Wait until today still no phone service,rang sky - they hadn't received payment and check banking 365 and original sky transaction from 1st June disappeared  -WTF??????.

zero confidence in BOI online system.
    time to move been with them for just under 30years.
    bull****!
    Called BOI they said that indeed the 1st sky transaction was paid out 1st June-(but no sign of it still on my a/c today).
    2nd sky payment showing up only (the one i paid over the phone as the 1st one didn't show up).
    paid on the double but only one showing up.
    jesus wept

They must have deleted the shadow at the weekend, instead of allowing the shadow to reapply daily until the transactions came in officially

One way or the other no faith in their system
    sky 1st payment paid by me on the 1st june shows up today 6 days later wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

At the moment a load of transactions are appearing twice on my account, meaning I was refused a transaction in a shop today because I didn't have enough funds. But I do, or at least I should.

Why is this happening? What's the fix, other than to move banks?

• Advertisement

At the moment a load of transactions are appearing twice on my account, meaning I was refused a transaction in a shop today because I didn't have enough funds. But I do, or at least I should.

Why is this happening? What's the fix, other than to move banks?
    What you are seeing at the moment is normal shadow processing. It is like this every night. Is your balance correct or wrong? The balance is correct, even though there are double transactions, and then the second transaction drops off overnight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement