Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most easy-going mortgage protection provider?

Options
  • 14-04-2017 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'd like to have mortgage protection in place in the next two weeks, so to start sending around blood tests for weeks wouldn't really work...

Which mortgage protection provider would be the most easy going in their application / approval process?

There's nothing to hide, not aware of any condition, but I'm sure I'd have to say yes to some minor things on the applications form for either myself of my wife. (done scans in the past, etc... - negative thankfully - but could still pull us into weeks of sending around blood tests with your average insurer...)

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭phormium

Blood tests are a good bit down the road!

If you have a yes to some questions such as the scans/investigations etc then you can be fairly sure the insurance company is going to send a PMA to your doctor. Basically a form for your doc to fill with any relevant details, depending on the answers on that they may then look for further info from a consultant for example if one was involved. All this would happen before they would send you for a medical with the possibility of the blood tests you mention.

Now you must answer honestly as otherwise the insurance is pretty much useless, the only thing you can do to speed it up is ensure your doctor returns any form they get asap. Whoever you apply with should know if a PMA has been sent out, once you know it has you can then call the doctors surgery to kind of hurry them along.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Term policies can be implemented quickly enough. Underwriting depends totally on the answers to the medical questions (and a few other things too).

Advertisement