Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone customer care abismal

• 14-04-2017 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

OMG, where to start....?

Lately I've been absolutely hounded , sometimes twice a day, by vodafone calls , I assume customer care, as I know the number off by heart , I ignore them.
    Well the other day I got a bill ( usual monthly bill is 25euro) for 42 odd euro.
    Looking at my bill it was a strange one, I was billed for 12.90 for no reason, that I knew off.
    Called customer care 1907, this in itself is a goddam nightmare. It took 7 numeric keypad entries , being whirled around the most frustrating tree structures I've ever encountered.
    Eventually, a person.....
    Well, like trying to pull teeth here, not only was it hard to understand her ( foreign I guess!!!) but she seemed as if she just arrived in from Jamaica, no rush, and kept re-iterating ' I'm here to help you with your problem', yet not really understanding my situation....even more frustrating.

Seems I was billed by some automated txt ad which I still don't fully understand but in a stealth type way, charged me 12 euro plus .
    I was given a number to ring ( 57976 ) Txt nation, whoever they are seems Vodafone know this goes on wholesale.
    They denied all knowledge of this and subsequently gave me another number, how they know this I don't know but tried this other number ( 019038309) which seems to be a rep for a company called UMElimited.com
    The guy I talked to here seemed fairly understanding and said he'd put a stop on it. whatever this was....?
    I told him I wanted a complete refund including the vat that Vodafone were going to slap on it also.
    He said it could take 2 weeks!! I then managed to get an email address from the person , this was the only form of communications with this company.....help@umelimited.com
    Initially they refused to have anything to do with it...So I replied with no uncertain terms of going further with this...
    I did get my money back!!!

I rang Vodafone help care again ....same story with them, 7 numeric entries to get through....then I couldn't here a bloody work the person was saying, the background noise was sooooo bad, I had to hang up...At this stage my impression of vodafone customer care was at a complete low.
    Rang again, my as well have been talking to a robot, held their hands up saying it wasn't a vodafone problem.

I got absolutely no help and more of an automated human reply from a completely inadequately trained customer support rep. Thick as a plank into the bargin.

Well Vodafone, I'm ending my time with the vodafone network when my contract is up. Was going to go with vodafone broadband , not any more, they can go **** themselves ...!!!

Advertisement