Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on tax returns

• 14-04-2017 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for an answer to a tax query. I have a small sum invested in a three fund vanguard portfolio domiciled in the US. (60% VXUS, 30% VTI & 10% BND).

From the research I have done so far I know that the dividends I have received from these funds are taxed at marginal rates and are subject to USC and PRSI. Is it the end of October that I need to submit a form 11 showing the income? Can this be done online or do I need to fill in the form and post it into Revenue? I know I am asking quite early but I would rather know now so I amn't rushing around trying to get all my chickens in line.

Secondly, do I report the figure net of the 15% witholding tax or do I give them the overall gross dividend value?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just looking for an answer to a tax query. I have a small sum invested in a three fund vanguard portfolio domiciled in the US. (60% VXUS, 30% VTI & 10% BND).

From the research I have done so far I know that the dividends I have received from these funds are taxed at marginal rates and are subject to USC and PRSI. Is it the end of October that I need to submit a form 11 showing the income? Can this be done online or do I need to fill in the form and post it into Revenue? I know I am asking quite early but I would rather know now so I amn't rushing around trying to get all my chickens in line.

Secondly, do I report the figure net of the 15% witholding tax or do I give them the overall gross dividend value?

Cheers

You can disclose your dividends though PAYE Anytime.
    The gains from Jan-Dec 2016 need to be disclosed to Irish Revenue Commissioners before 31 October 2017.

You report the figure as 'US dividends' and the Gross amount - the tax calc will automatically take account of the 15% withholding tax.

Advertisement