Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Connection and IP Restrictions

• 14-04-2017 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I need to get at my old Eircom webspace (upload.eircom.net) but am no longer an Eir(com) customer.

Credentials are not a problem, but lack of access to an Eircom connection is! They only permit connections to upload.eircom.net from Eir(com) IPs.

Does anyone have any suggestions on ways around this? Any confirmed open wifi spots around the city or with certain chains (e.g. "Insomnia are all Eircom!") that anyone knows?

A proxy would be ideal, but I'll take whatever I can get! :) Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

WetDaddy wrote: »
    Hi All,

I need to get at my old Eircom webspace (upload.eircom.net) but am no longer an Eir(com) customer.

Credentials are not a problem, but lack of access to an Eircom connection is! They only permit connections to upload.eircom.net from Eir(com) IPs.

Does anyone have any suggestions on ways around this? Any confirmed open wifi spots around the city or with certain chains (e.g. "Insomnia are all Eircom!") that anyone knows?

A proxy would be ideal, but I'll take whatever I can get! :) Thanks!

I was not aware that you needed an eir connection to access those web sites.
    Does the same apply to Eircom/eir email?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

I was not aware that you needed an eir connection to access those web sites.
    Does the same apply to Eircom/eir email?

I'm not sure, to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Webmail doesn't check.

I'm surprised the webspace addon wasn't nuked, only about 10 GAA and church groups use the thing. Only eir wifi location I know for sure is Dublin Airport, but there are others. If you ccan find the 1890 number for the support desk for those public APs I'm sure they'll let you know where the nearest is.

Advertisement