Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self catering holiday

Options
  • 14-04-2017 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

I know this has been posted a few times but looking for ideas for a self catering break in the summer, preferably in Ireland as we have a toddler! Looking for a pool and an area with plenty of toddler friendly things to do!
    I'm interested in the park hotel dungarvan and the blarney golf resort so if anyone has feedback on these places that would be great!
    Have ruled out Fota as it's too expensive and West cork and Kerry are too far away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

annoyedgal wrote: »
    I know this has been posted a few times but looking for ideas for a self catering break in the summer, preferably in Ireland as we have a toddler! Looking for a pool and an area with plenty of toddler friendly things to do!
    I'm interested in the park hotel dungarvan and the blarney golf resort so if anyone has feedback on these places that would be great!
    Have ruled out Fota as it's too expensive and West cork and Kerry are too far away.

I've stayed in the quality in clonakilty, in the self catering apartments, and they're fab. Apparently the quality in youghal is similarly well set up for smallies, though I've never been there myself

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

annoyedgal wrote: »

The gold coast in Dungarvan is great for families. Decent pool, comfortable houses and a good playground very near the houses. Not fancy at all, but does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

brokensoul wrote:
    The gold coast in Dungarvan is great for families. Decent pool, comfortable houses and a good playground very near the houses. Not fancy at all, but does the job.

We stayed here , absolutely nothing fancy but we enjoyed it and loads of space to relax in evening when toddler gone to bed! The pool was lovely and theres some nice beaches and drives nearby, and the price was decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Thanks for the replies. I'll check out youghal, looked up the gold Coast but thought the park seemed closer to town. Probably wishful thinking but like the idea of walking into town for an early dinner! Any other recommendations keep them coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

We are going to rosslare strand. Haven't booked yet!
    I would love to go kellys resort as it is just amazing!!! We went last year. Sooo handy for little ones but booked out and the price is insane!
    We are going to rent a house and you can use kellys pool apparently :)
    You can walk and don't need to drive everywhere :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

That sounds lovely Millem, would you mind sending pm with details of where you booked. Have very fond memories of Kelly's resort from my childhood but yeah it's huge money!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

We stayed in one of the houses in the grounds of faithlegg house last year. It was v reasonable. Playground within hotel grounds wasn't brilliant but pool handy. Plenty to do nearby and not far from city. Would highly recommend that area, our toddler was never bored, so much to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Kylie06

We stayed in the Goldcoast self catering apartments in Dungarvan a few years ago with our toddler. The house was very spacious with a large green area. The hotel facilities are very good. Dungarvan is a lovely town with lots of family friendly restaurants. It's also close to Ardmore open farm which our little boy loved. Ardmore beach is very popular also. Faithlegg self catering apartments, outside Waterford City are also good and you're close to Dunmore.

Advertisement