Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S coming to Santry?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭subpar

ProudDUB wrote: »
    It's like waiting for Santy isn't it? :D

More like a case of waiting for Santry

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Did it not open today as planned?

Edit - it did indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

Not enough parking, chocca today around Santry. Madness....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

antob wrote: »
    This weeks Northside People has a voucher for €5 off €25 spent. Valid until Dec 10th:)

You can get leaflets with vouchers in the store :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Not enough parking, chocca today around Santry. Madness....

Imagine when it gets closer to Christmas. As it gets mental every year and that was without M&S.

• Advertisement

They've just opened some parking spaces at the side, exit only to Santry Hall. Guy there said it's not a temporary thing.

434971.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Was in there earlier this evening bit disappointed lot smaller than I expected and didn’t have a lot of my regular buys which aren’t overly exotic i.e. chicken wings, mangos, sweet potato wedges and sourdough bread.
    Even though I live locally probably go back into town for the better range M&S shops.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

technocrat wrote: »
    Was in there earlier this evening bit disappointed lot smaller than I expected and didn’t have a lot of my regular buys which aren’t overly exotic i.e. chicken wings, mangos, sweet potato wedges and sourdough bread.
    Even though I live locally probably go back into town for the better range M&S shops.

Was up there today, slightly smaller than expected and hate self service tills but was well stocked with all usual items. Actually got sweet potato wedges and saw wings also.

copacetic wrote: »
    Was up there today, slightly smaller than expected and hate self service tills but was well stocked with all usual items. Actually got sweet potato wedges and saw wings also.

Ok that’s good to hear. Could well be out of stock when I was there.

I got my sour dough, and saw chicken wings too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Omni Park need to sort out the traffic situation. Ridicolous there today, I parked across in the estate. But in and out was just chaos, it's really getting borderline now before there is a serious traffic accident due to people switching lanes trying to get ahead.

I'd say the residence in the estate where I park will be the flipping point. Lots of people thinking the same as me.

They just need to get people in as quick as possible and out as quickly. They need to make it totally two lanes in and two lanes out, right around, there is a bottle neck on the way in and out where it's going from 2/3 lanes back into one lane.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

TallGlass wrote: »
    Omni Park need to sort out the traffic situation. Ridicolous there today, I parked across in the estate. But in and out was just chaos, it's really getting borderline now before there is a serious traffic accident due to people switching lanes trying to get ahead.

I'd say the residence in the estate where I park will be the flipping point. Lots of people thinking the same as me.

They just need to get people in as quick as possible and out as quickly. They need to make it totally two lanes in and two lanes out, right around, there is a bottle neck on the way in and out where it's going from 2/3 lanes back into one lane.

Omni isn't responsible for people being morons.

Standard of driving is the bigger issue and nationwide it's pretty poor

Weepsie wrote: »
    Omni isn't responsible for people being morons.

Standard of driving is the bigger issue and nationwide it's pretty poor

Sorry, that's ridiculous. There creating a major traffic situation in the area, they are responsible for that. The centre is causing major tailbacks as far as the fly over and up as far as the Fast Fit garage and then onto Santry lane. It's a headache for the residence, drivers are getting frustrated and doing stupid things driving. There fault entirely correct, but if it wasn't for the traffic chaos the Omni is causing then stupid thing might not have happened.

Then around on the Old Airport Road you have the bus stops towards the airport located right after sets of lights with one lane, and one on a corner.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

An awful lot of the shoppers live within walking distance of the place. Myself included.

Far too many unnessecary trips to the centre are taken by car.

The same can be said for Blanchardstown. People who live within 15 mins of the place are happy to spend the same amount of time or longer waiting to get there in bad traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,147 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Anyone paying attention knew the traffic layout couldnt cope with the volumes pre m&s going in. The logical conclusion is that omni owners dont care.

Whoever granted planning permission without insisting on another exit road is a moronic incompetent, and doubtless unsackable and accountable to no one.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Weepsie wrote: »
    An awful lot of the shoppers live within walking distance of the place. Myself included.

Far too many unnessecary trips to the centre are taken by car.

The same can be said for Blanchardstown. People who live within 15 mins of the place are happy to spend the same amount of time or longer waiting to get there in bad traffic.

I live locally also and it's not just about short journeys, your trying to get home and it's causing chaos, you end up in a massive queue of cars most of which going to the Omni or if you want to leave your estate you end up in traffic, totally needless if Omni got the parking arrangements in order.

In fairness I cycle everywhere and don't have my own car, but there are times when I have no choice I need to use the car cause of the items I am getting, they are bulky or heavy, just be a dangerous on a bike. Sometimes you can't help the short journeys, and again in fairness people pay an awful lot of money to run a car they should be able to some also don't have the option they need the car, I get your point but.

I think even for the moment, if they just got the input situation sorted out it wouldn't be half as bad, they should start building another multistory car park to get people in as quickly as possible to free up the surrounding roads.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Anyone paying attention knew the traffic layout couldnt cope with the volumes pre m&s going in. The logical conclusion is that omni owners dont care.

Whoever granted planning permission without insisting on another exit road is a moronic incompetent, and doubtless unsackable and accountable to no one.

Another exit has been opened - out on the road to Santry Hall.

odyssey06 wrote: »

Well one of two things, it's going to put people off going to there and secondly it's going to cause a flood of complaints from people in the local estates to TD's so Omni would want to start caring.

jd wrote: »

Well it's a start I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 30,147 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

*phew* somebody is actually paying attention.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

technocrat wrote: »
    Couldn’t disagree more.
    If you exclude the northwest of the city which has an M&S in Blanch then look at a map and you can see Santry is ideally located to cover trade from north and northeast of the city including Swords.
    While yes traffic on a Saturday can be a nightmare it’s no worse than the Pavillions or other shopping centres nearby.
    If Santry is a weird choice where would be a better location considering they don’t have a store anywhere else on the northside.

Charlestown in Finglas might have been a better location for access.
    Santry in light of recent posters posts looks to have been the Wrong choice.

If you were living in Phibsborough or Howth or Swords and thought about going to M&S in Santry for a bag of salad you'd need proper medical attention at the end of a choice like that.

imme wrote: »
    Charlestown in Finglas might have been a better location for access.
    Santry in light of recent posters posts looks to have been the Wrong choice.

If you were living in Phibsborough or Howth or Swords and thought about going to M&S in Santry for a bag of salad you'd need proper medical attention at the end of a choice like that.

LOL at anyone travelling that far just for a bag of salad!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Asdfghjkl987

I have to say, after being in the store twice now since it opened, it really is a nice addition to have to the area. Traffic problems aside it makes a welcome change from the usual euro shop opening!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,627 ✭✭✭bren2001

You cannot enter through there, can you?

bren2001 wrote: »
    You cannot enter through there, can you?
    I'll put it like this, it has a no entry sign and there is someone supervising the car park..

Advertisement