Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game week 33 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Nah, there's scarcely been a shot from the saints. I'd have kept a CS if I was playing (even with bravo in goals)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 The Wild One

51 with Firmino and Hazard to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

SlickRic wrote: »
    Aguero is the most dangerous City player when Sterling isn't on the pitch. Followed by Sané.

The thing with Pep's way of playing is his wide men generally stay wide until the last minute. So Sané could look anonymous in terms of possible FPL returns for much of a game, but he can easily pop up with a goal once the game comes alive for City in the final 3rd.

That was spookily prescient.....tbh I don't get a chance to watch live football at all these days so hard to develop such nuanced insights.

Delighted with the Sane goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

50 with Pedro and Alonso to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Sane is the city player to own
    I may move for him next week yet but will prob hold off till 35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sané goal. But why couldn't Aguero just stay fúcking quiet?

Ah sure. Still a pretty good day.

Close to 60 with Sanchez, Origi and Nyom to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

35 (-4) with 4 to play, but 3 of them defenders. Only having Ali from spurs is hurting hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

59 with Sanchez & Valencia left, happyish with that plus also gained pts on my rival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

62(-8) with Alonso, Bailly and Valdes to play.

No more goals from anyone this week please...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

No Kane and on 48 with Alonso, Foster & Sanchez to go. Can't be too disappointed with that

• Advertisement

spock. wrote: »
    62(-8) with Alonso, Bailly and Valdes to play.

No more goals from anyone this week please...
    That's entirely possible tomorrow anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

51 if Sane gets no bonus.
    Alonso Valencia Valdez and Coutinho to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

37(-4) from 8. Not going to pretty in outrights, and money leagues are chock full of Kane/Son combos. Bad day.

Chelsea trio (the third Roman Triumvirate?) of Alonso, Hazard and Costa to play. Not hopeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

42 from 7. 3 goals, one assist and not a single bonus point for my team now that Sane has somehow dropped way down.

DeGea (or Pickfords 1), Alonso, Sanchez and Origi to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

How on earth does Sané go from 38bps to 31 post match? There's some absolute clown in charge of these bps! Wouldn't surprise me if they have their own fpl team which is influencing things!

"Attempted assist by Dusan Tadic" in the gameweek live section of fffix has wrecked my head the past 4 GWs!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

36 which is just on the verge of barely acceptable I feel. But my day was going terribly until late contributions from Captain Lukaku, Spacecraft and Aguero so 36 feels like getting out of jail somewhat.

Brunt, Valencia and Alonso to go. First poor week in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Benimar wrote: »
    42 from 7. 3 goals, one assist and not a single bonus point for my team now that Sane has somehow dropped way down.

DeGea (or Pickfords 1), Alonso, Sanchez and Origi to go.

3 goals, 2 assists, 1 clean sheet and only 1 bonus pt here!

47 with 4 to play, Costa and Haz staying quite would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

56 (-4) with Valdes and Sanchez to go.
    Losing the Everton and Stoke clean sheets to bad goals hurt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

34 (-4) with 4 to play

Valdes, Alonso, Captain Alexis and Ibra to go.

Not been a great week!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Jeju

67 with Foster Alonso and Coutinho to play.
    All 8 players on 5+ and welcomed Kane with open arms with captain. Gained 40 points on my league leader who had 150 points on me a few weeks ago. Happy out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

40 with ibra sanchez & alonso to play.
    Same as previous poster, 3 goalscorers and an assist but 0 bps to come.

Only having alli from spurs was costly but thankfully the late sane and aguero goals took the sting out of not bringing in son or Kane for either. I lost out on a few points but coulda been a lot worse and have extra transfer for dgw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

52 with Alonso and Sanchez to play.Captain Kane doing the biz.This was the week though my cheapies let me down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

54 points so not great. Changing captain to Lukaku from Kane last night cost me a bit. Just Alonso and Coutinho to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

56 (-4) with 2 to play, Sanchez and Alonso. Happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

57 with Alonso to come. Disappointing that there are no Bonus for Kun, Sane or Captain Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

49 with Azplizecuta & Pedro to play so a Chelsea clean sheet would be great

Brunt Valencia Sanchez and ibra to go
    No major movement either way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

49 (-4) with De Gea Sanchez and Ibra to go. Same as km, treading water

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

55 with Sanchez and DDG to play. Unlike others on here, seemed to pick bonus points up all over,

Up to 75k overall with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

53 (-8) moves me up very slightly from 35k to 33k.

Have 4 to play; De Gea, Valencia, Mustafi and Sanchez so have some potential to move move up the rankings again i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

55 (-4) and absolutely no one left to play. This isn't going to end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Dear Siggy,

It is with regret that I am to inform you of your termination with balotelli's ball bag football club. It has been evident over the last number of weeks that you haven't been providing the team with much needed returns and for this we must part company.

We are eternally grateful for your dedicated service over the course of this season's campaign.

Regards

Chairman carnie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

48(-4)

Have strangely made a significant jump in OR with that.

Sanchez and McAuley to play

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

59. Hazard, Valencia and Clyne left

Killer stat from #MOTD - Llorente was on the pitch for 80 minutes but managed to sprint less than 20 metres 😳#Shift

Dear lord and I'll still probably have him next week
    I've lost .2 on him
    Probably another.2 by the time I sell him
    That's the most I'll have lost on any player ever

km79 wrote: »
    Killer stat from #MOTD - Llorente was on the pitch for 80 minutes but managed to sprint less than 20 metres 😳#Shift

Dear lord and I'll still probably have him next week
    I've lost .2 on him
    Probably another.2 by the time I sell him
    That's the most I'll have lost on any player ever

A dgw is the perfect time to take a hit to get rid. Can you afford Benteke?

I can BUT my midfield all have nice fixtures and my other 2 strikers are Ibra and Kane so unless something happens in the mean time the more prudent move is to transfer brunt out and play 352

How did gabbiadini look today

km79 wrote: »
    I can BUT my midfield all have nice fixtures and my other 2 strikers are Ibra and Kane so unless something happens in the mean time the more prudent move is to transfer brunt out and play 352

How did gabbiadini look today

Ah fair enough. I prob got llorente same time as you but thankfully got rid last week.

Only half seen Southampton match, didn't notice anything brilliant from Gabbiadini from what I seen and he was subbed on 59 but a nice hour under his belt, hopefully look sharper next week and then a serious contender for gw35

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Ah fair enough. I prob got llorente same time as you but thankfully got rid last week.

Only half seen Southampton match, didn't notice anything brilliant from Gabbiadini from what I seen and he was subbed on 59 but a nice hour under his belt, hopefully look sharper next week and then a serious contender for gw35

Looked OK to me. Saints get their DM (Pomeu) back next week.
    I thought they took Gab off too early. Long went off with a hammy or ankle injury after subbing in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

43 with punting on Benteke over Kane costing 12pts as I'd have definitely captained Kane.

Tiny green but disappointing.

Now what the hell to do about next week.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

carnie wrote: »
    Dear Siggy,

It is with regret that I am to inform you of your termination with balotelli's ball bag football club. It has been evident over the last number of weeks that you haven't been providing the team with much needed returns and for this we must part company.

We are eternally grateful for your dedicated service over the course of this season's campaign.

Regards

Chairman carnie

I think I'll be giving him "one last game" till the games finally run out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

callaway92 wrote: »
    STFU ... seriously... There's only 30 mins gone. .

MOD: Just catching up on thread, while I would not have written off Lukaku so early, no need to tell someone to STFU.

55 (-4) with Origi, Nyom and Sanchez to go.

Sanchez is a big, big differential for me, while 1-1 in the Utd-Chelsea game would be swell.

Half a chance of leading my main league after being 60 points down at the start of GW32.

55 (-4) with Origi, Nyom and Sanchez to go.

Sanchez is a big, big differential for me, while 1-1 in the Utd-Chelsea game would be swell.

Half a chance of leading my main league after being 60 points down at the start of GW32.

You have been posting near-identical thoughts to me, we must have similar teams. The only reason I'm still pandering to Sanchez is he is a huge differential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

If Valencia keeps a clean sheet, and scores just a single hat trick, I think I'll be happy enough today.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    You have been posting near-identical thoughts to me, we must have similar teams. The only reason I'm still pandering to Sanchez is he is a huge differential.

I made a decision a couple of GWs ago when people started losing faith in Sanchez that he'd be the one who might still win me some leagues.

So far, me hopping all in on Spurs (along with a perfect cheap defence last week) has helped me big time, but a Sanchez explosion would put it over the top.

Hopping off big players too early has cost me most of the season. I'll keep the faith in Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

27 (-8) from 7

Costa, Sanchez, Firmino and Valencia to go.

Have fallen to worst OR since GW3 and over 100 points behind leader in money league :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

45 with ddg Alonso origi and Sanchez to go. I may end up with my first green arrow in 8 gws.

• Advertisement

I made a decision a couple of GWs ago when people started losing faith in Sanchez that he'd be the one who might still win me some leagues.

So far, me hopping all in on Spurs (along with a perfect cheap defence last week) has helped me big time, but a Sanchez explosion would put it over the top.

Hopping off big players too early has cost me most of the season. I'll keep the faith in Sanchez.

Yep triple Spurs for the season.

Advertisement