Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps4 and eir fibre

Options
  • 15-04-2017 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭

Seems the best place to post it the moment (mod feel free to move if not)

So we recently got eir fibre in the house, 150mb plan. Now i know im never going to get that but my ps4 is struggling to get 1 mb when updating something.
    I was on faster speed before i moved to eir. Its on a wifi network as its always been.
    Router in other room so no chance of lan cables.
    My mobile in a download test gives 70-90 mb download. ( i know you always take that with a pinch of salt too)

Any one else have this with eir/ps4 cause i'm p*ssed off and feeling ripped off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Seems the best place to post it the moment (mod feel free to move if not)

So we recently got eir fibre in the house, 150mb plan. Now i know im never going to get that but my ps4 is struggling to get 1 mb when updating something.
    I was on faster speed before i moved to eir. Its on a wifi network as its always been.
    Router in other room so no chance of lan cables.
    My mobile in a download test gives 70-90 mb download. ( i know you always take that with a pinch of salt too)

Any one else have this with eir/ps4 cause i'm p*ssed off and feeling ripped off.

You can use the wifi plugs. Basically plugs into a socket beside router. And one besides your ps4. Then can ethernet it up.

Ps4 in general has **** download times. I'v often done 15 gigs on pc from steam in 40 minutes. ps4 on the very same network will take 8 hours for a 15 gig update.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

You can use the wifi plugs. Basically plugs into a socket beside router. And one besides your ps4. Then can ethernet it up.

Ps4 in general has **** download times. I'v often done 15 gigs on pc from steam in 40 minutes. ps4 on the very same network will take 8 hours for a 15 gig update.

Yeah i seen something like that online, but the way the whole installantion has gone im confused.
    Ive this in the sitting room which is the main tv room and 2 others in other rooms which i presume is just made for multiroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

You sir are a lengend!!
    Had no idea what the wifi box or what.
    Stopped thought (reread the first paragraph again) and followed through.
    Had no idea the ethernet speed could travel through a box like that. Fair play i owe ya a pint

AidoEirE wrote: »
    You sir are a lengend!!
    Had no idea what the wifi box or what.
    Stopped thought (reread the first paragraph again) and followed through.
    Had no idea the ethernet speed could travel through a box like that. Fair play i owe ya a pint

The box is just input/output adaptor really it's going through the electrical wiring of the house. You can even use the coax cabling thats through out the house for tv and network traffic with the right adaptors and routers. (See MoCA 2.0 network)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I've heard that said a lot (PS4 has Crap DL speeds) but personally I've found them grand and I use my mobile as a WiFi hotspot so should be painfully slow based on what everyone says.

• Advertisement
Advertisement