Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What extra fees is there outside of Mortgage for self builds

Options
  • 15-04-2017 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm just wondering what extra fees should I expect that's not covered in your mortgage for a self build, I have very little knowledge on this and was hoping for some help. What I presume, planning permission fees, solicitors fees, architects fees is there anything else I missing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

I'm just finishing a self-build and here are the top few I met. There are surely more that I have repressed
    - council contribution (varies by coco)
    - legal fees
    - architect, engineer, QS, site valuation
    - water (approx 2000 on our group scheme) and electricity (approx 1900) connection

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JohnWick

Shaunoc wrote: »
    I'm just finishing a self-build and here are the top few I met. There are surely more that I have repressed
    - council contribution (varies by coco)
    - legal fees
    - architect, engineer, QS, site valuation
    - water (approx 2000 on our group scheme) and electricity (approx 1900) connection

I'm in Kilkenny and council contribution are around €8000 I'll depending on sq ft.
    What was the cost of architect, QS, solicitors?
    I'm looking at building 1800sqft

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭madmac187

8gs mine was €2900 in Laois for 2600sqft I'm shocked!

Advertisement