Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

That's savage value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I kinda really want that TT.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

It has to be the cheapest, most reliable way into that kind of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

colm_mcm wrote: »

Go for it. You seem to want something nippy for some time now, life does not last forever...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

You’ll get a classic policy on it and all! My parents have a 00 insured with autoline for buttons

That silver TT is most likely near me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I do too. If I wasn't so far away, I'd go have a look today.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

I guess you would need to budget another couple of hundred for a timing belt on that TT - just to be sure

ray o wrote: »
    I guess you would need to budget another couple of hundred for a timing belt on that TT - just to be sure

...and Haldex service, and oil pickup. :)

They do need regular maintenance, and can go very wrong if skipped or skimped.

...and Haldex service, and oil pickup. :)

They do need regular maintenance, and can go very wrong if skipped or skimped.

I gave him a call - oil and filter done when bought (18months ago) - nothing done since. Lad looking at it tonight wants the engine for a race car once he confirms engine is indeed 225bhp

Looks like we need a TT Appreciation sub-forum. Alot of folk in the market for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Absolutely no doubting its a 225 bhp, confirmed by the twin exhausts and motorcheck

• Advertisement

Absolutely no doubting its a 225 bhp, confirmed by the twin exhausts and motorcheck

It will most likely be gone by tonight so.

ray o wrote: »
    I gave him a call - oil and filter done when bought (18months ago) - nothing done since. Lad looking at it tonight wants the engine for a race car once he confirms engine is indeed 225bhp

Looks like we need a TT Appreciation sub-forum. Alot of folk in the market for one.

That's a pity, looks too good to break. Silver 225s seem to be getting rarer too. It'll be an APX rather than a BAM engine though, so not sure if its the best choice for a race car..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

That's a pity, looks too good to break. Silver 225s seem to be getting rarer too. It'll be an APX rather than a BAM engine though, so not sure if its the best choice for a race car..

Silver is probably the most common colour you’ll find them in, followed by black. There’s a nicer (ymmv) darker silver that is pretty rare alright. The denim blue one I bought recently is a pretty common colour too, but more often than not in the 180bhp cars. All things being equal, I’d have liked the metallic grey, or the darkest silver, but tbh they look good in anything, except red, which just seems wrong for a non-Italian sporty car.

Papaya orange - now there’s rare. ;)

001.jpg

I think they look great in red.

bear1 wrote: »
    The 1 advantage i could see with the 1.4 is that there isn't a dpf.
    Same red I engine from the previous polo I believe.

And the Audi A2. Only the run-out models had the DPF. Great little engine, sounds positively sporty on acceleration, tuneable, frugal, reliable.

alastair wrote: »
    Silver is probably the most common colour you’ll find them in, followed by black.

You'd think so alright, but I have been watching DoneDeal very closely for about 6 months and good Silver 225s don't come up nearly as often as black. There are some dreamers that cling on to daft prices, and many that don't even bother to mention if they're 180 or 225 but you can sometimes tell by the photos.

You'd think so alright, but I have been watching DoneDeal very closely for about 6 months and good Silver 225s don't come up nearly as often as black. There are some dreamers that cling on to daft prices, and many that don't even bother to mention if they're 180 or 225 but you can sometimes tell by the photos.

There’s four silver southern reg 225’s on DoneDeal at the moment vs three black 225’s. On Carzone, there’s an additional three southern reg silver 225’s, but no southern black 225’s. Adverts has one additional black 225. Facebook marketplace comes out ahead for black ones alright - two black 225’s vs one sliver (the two in Monaghan look pretty tired, and the silver one is clocked).

So by my loose unscientific tally, we’ve about eight silver 225’s (disclaimer - just counting coupes) as opposed to seven black ones. All other colours in the tuppeny place (there’s a red one with lacquer issues on carzone). How many are good is another matter. You wouldn’t know I’ve been on the hunt for a nice one, would you? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

And the Audi A2. Only the run-out models had the DPF. Great little engine, sounds positively sporty on acceleration, tuneable, frugal, reliable.

My father in law had a polo with the red I engine and yeah it was quite a sprightly car to go but was built badly in my opinion.
    It was always at the mechanic.
    Frugal beyond belief though.

There’s four silver southern reg 225’s on DoneDeal at the moment vs three black 225’s. On Carzone, there’s an additional three southern reg silver 225’s, but no southern black 225’s. Adverts has one additional black 225. Facebook marketplace comes out ahead for black ones alright - two black 225’s vs one sliver (the two in Monaghan look pretty tired, and the silver one is clocked).

So by my loose unscientific tally, we’ve about eight silver 225’s (disclaimer - just counting coupes) as opposed to seven black ones. All other colours in the tuppeny place (there’s a red one with lacquer issues on carzone). How many are good is another matter. You wouldn’t know I’ve been on the hunt for a nice one, would you? ;)

Can't trust carzone, some ads are over a year old, including one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

SAAB 93, 2004, 2.0l petrol, NCT 12/18, Automatic, 157k miles, sunroof, leather seats.
    €750 from a garage (Kildare)
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-9-3-2004-automatic-new-nct/17446751?campaign=3

• Advertisement

That's an Arc model too so has a nice few extras,

don't like the way it's photographed, and some of the body work scratches a bit mad... but all the same:
    2005 Lexus GS300 (3.0l petrol engine, automatic), NCT to April 2018 (only), €1850.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-gs-300/17655513

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Wheels are in a sheet too

Wheels are in a sheet too
    That's pretty much par for the course though on the GS from those years. Either the alloys are messed up, or they've been fixed up. However I believe they are fixable and can be made look good again.

Don't know that that's that cheap for one though. The scratches are unthinkable for something that's supposed to be a bit of flash.

2004 Toyota Rav4, 1.8l petrol, NCT to Jan 2019, 114k miles: €1150
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-rav4-new-nct-with-tow-bar/17688199

Those older 1.8 Rav4s are just so likeable, they're just a bundle of understeering, wheel spinning, raspy fun.

Don't know that that's that cheap for one though. The scratches are unthinkable for something that's supposed to be a bit of flash.
    Fair point, but they're a lovely smooth drive, and if someone goes to buy it the price can only move down.
    While I'm at it, this one is not quite bangernomics, but is on sale aaages. I saw it back in August I think when I was replacing my own car:
    http://www.rays.ie/notice.do?searchCriteria.RefDataSearchIds%28F37%29=-1&searchCriteria.RefDataSearchIds%28F40%29=-1&searchCriteria.RefDataSearchIds%28F38%29=-1&searchCriteria.RefDataSearchIds%28F41%29=-1&searchCriteria.RefDataSearchIds%28F45%29=-1&SS=&SV%28F5403from%29=&SV%28F5403to%29=&SV%28F5428from%29=&SV%28F5428to%29=&HP=10&searchCriteria.sortFieldId=42&searchCriteria.sortAsc=false&CA=428&BC=3&PN=1&NI=23693892#.WlfegK3XZhF
    (hope that link works). €2995 for a 2005 GS300
    He was happy to put it through NCT prior to sale, which if he did it today would give NCT to October. Car seemed very genuine (owner died).

Another bangernomics one:
    2005 GS300, 79k miles (?), NCT to May, dealer-sale and claims to offer 3 month warranty, €1995 asking
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-gs-3-0-executive/17398859

@colm_mcm On the Rav4, how "big" do they feel when you're driving (i.e. for someone who doesn't like big cars / hard to park cars)?

@colm_mcm On the Rav4, how "big" do they feel when you're driving (i.e. for someone who doesn't like big cars / hard to park cars)?

Not that big at all, they're narrow enough, and the back of the car is where the back window is. Back overhang is small so parking and stuff not a bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭passatman86

<please don't cross-post. You already have a post in "Your Adverts.ie car for sale here" thread>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement