Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

bear1 wrote: »
    Does the mileage really matter on a 600e car?

Well, it would to me....thing is, why dont the numptys show it? A buyer is going to ask anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

jharr100 wrote: »
    No way it would achieve 60mpg,
    I had one and 36-38 mpg was my average

Even the diesel avensis wouldn't do 60mpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

W123-80's wrote: »
    It's a shame toyota didn't take the same approach with the Corolla E100..!!!

All they need to do is slap an 181 plate on an xli or just to bring back the 4efe engine

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

A little bit I suppose, it gives you a general idea of the car you are considering.

It's unfortunate that that A1 is the 1.4 petrol, they are crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Advertisement

800 views in a day seems very high?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

It’s been renewed in the last day but could have been up for weeks before that. I’ve just seen one with 966 views in one minute :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

bear1 wrote: »
    Does the mileage really matter on a 600e car?

It's a factor alright. Personally I think service history is more important, but this ad is missing both. Why leave mileage out when it's right there in front of you? Laziness?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

If you bump an ad the views remain in place. That said I got nearly 800 views over a weekend with a spotlight ad recently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

colm_mcm wrote: »

Are these supermini's any good for regular motorway driving? This has the 1.4 diesel, so the engine should be big enough not to drink it at those speeds. I imagine it's a reliable little motor too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Are these supermini's any good for regular motorway driving? This has the 1.4 diesel, so the engine should be big enough not to drink it at those speeds. I imagine it's a reliable little motor too.

These are cars mainly designed for city driving with occasional motorway type driving. They are not designed for long motorway commutes though. You would need a bigger more comfortable car for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

bazz26 wrote: »
    These are cars mainly designed for city driving with occasional motorway type driving. They are not designed for long motorway commutes though. You would need a bigger more comfortable car for that.

You would want... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Well if cramp or general discomfort are your thing after a long commute then work away.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

It's unfortunate that that A1 is the 1.4 petrol, they are crap.

A2. Why crap? I drive an A2 TDI, while my father drives the petrol version. Can’t say there’s a massive difference noticeable (neither is crap). Economy is about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭barry181091

bazz26 wrote: »
    Well if cramp or general discomfort are your thing after a long commute then work away.

This is what I thought :p I think I will try for an Astra type car instead. Rented a lot of them recently and they are quite nice, well the new models anyway.

alastair wrote: »
    A2. Why crap? I drive an A2 TDI, while my father drives the petrol version. Can’t say there’s a massive difference noticeable (neither is crap). Economy is about it.

Sorry, A2. The 1.4 petrol is just fairly gutless and not particularly reliable or economical.

A diesel one would be much nicer with the bit of extra torque and while having more complicated mechanical it would probably outlive a 1.4 petrol and return better economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Sorry, A2. The 1.4 petrol is just fairly gutless and not particularly reliable or economical.

A diesel one would be much nicer with the bit of extra torque and while having more complicated mechanical it would probably outlive a 1.4 petrol and return better economy.

210k miles up on one of those 1.4's. No engine issues bar 4 coil packs.

I think it’s then 1.4 HDI as fitted to the Fiesta and PSA cars. Don’t think it’s a bad engine. That seems like a base model so seats mightn’t be great

• Registered Users Posts: 36,105 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-v70-2005-7-seater-nct-27-9-2018/17749502

Volvo V70 2005
    NCT Sep 18
    Tax end of Jan
    7 seater
    Black leather electric seats
    Air con

MjFhM2ZiMGVmNTM4MGRmYTgyNjk4NGZjZGJjOThhM2b1J3nZgjz1ekKLI6vdRRGqaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MjgzNzM0Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

My god, that Volvo is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

I think it’s then 1.4 HDI as fitted to the Fiesta and PSA cars. Don’t think it’s a bad engine. That seems like a base model so seats mightn’t be great

It is a pug unit but probably the most reliable modern diesel mazda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-v70-2005-7-seater-nct-27-9-2018/17749502

Volvo V70 2005
    NCT Sep 18
    Tax end of Jan
    7 seater
    Black leather electric seats
    Air con

MjFhM2ZiMGVmNTM4MGRmYTgyNjk4NGZjZGJjOThhM2b1J3nZgjz1ekKLI6vdRRGqaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MjgzNzM0Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

That’s sweet regardless of tax... if only they came in 1.4!

They come in crewcab in Clare. (Not even joking)

1990 Lancer 1.5 - tested till August
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mitsubishi-lancer-1-5-glx/17279507

Such a nice plush car at the time. Each model got progressively worse after that.

Edit. Scratch that, reg is 1260 and not 1280. Test is out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

martyc5674 wrote: »
    That’s sweet regardless of tax... if only they came in 1.4!
    Given its built like a tank - I'd hate to see a 1.4 try to move it! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

They come in crewcab in Clare. (Not even joking)

Tell me more

Tell me more

Spotted one before a Christmas, uk import. Spidey senses were tingling. Just knew something was amiss. Checked reg on motortax.ie - sure enough it was a crewcab.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

€1950 for a 2008 Mondeo, 2.0 diesel estate.
    what are the pitfalls of this model?
    €570 pa for tax too, not bad.

YWJiNmM3MWE2YWQzOTE0YzJhZjVlZGM1ZmRjNTkxMjBeSs6MMQsCP6Gf7hytOfZcaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MjQ1MjUzN3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Serious car for the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    €1950 for a 2008 Mondeo, 2.0 diesel estate.
    what are the pitfalls of this model?
    €570 pa for tax too, not bad.

I am usually very relaxed when it comes to scuff marks, but this is just unreal - every corner is touched badly. Clips and hooks are probably broken underneath the bumpers...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement