Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

jharr100 wrote: »
    There must be one decent one out there !?

Sure there is, depends how long you're prepared to look for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Micra is sold. You buy it, Glen_Quagmire?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

unkel wrote:
    Micra is sold. You buy it, Glen_Quagmire?

No unkel it wasn't me, I'm not surprised it was snapped up at that price.

I won't be buying for a few weeks yet as she has to get her provisional licence first. I will be keeping a close eye on this thread for a nice bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

My own yoke.

bora 1.4 nct to jan 18

ODIxNDJhZTZkMGQzY2MwYjM2NmMyMDA2MGYwMzBhMjMx3rabh0IdwCiIC6bX8TOwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MjgwODE0NHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2002-vw-bora-1-4-new-nct-jan-18/15327202

Seems to be no interest regardless of price. Is it worth anything? Or I'm thinking maybe it's too cheap and maybe people think it's a bucket? ha

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's just getting harder and harder to get insurance on cars of that age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Needs more owners!

ha it's had the same owner for the last few years, before me!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's a very nice car for the money and a brand new NCT should inspire confidence. I'd say if your car was for sale in Dublin it would be gone in a day. Try and be patient, someone will pick it up for sure! Good luck with your sale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Good luck with it nd, its gone very tough now.

Yeah it is. This was basically a trade in. Wouldn't buy it as a fixerupper. Not very desirable in my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Am I correct in saying as per ad its only live for 3 hours as of now?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/07-ford-s-max-7-seater-tdi-serious-bargain/15099943

Nice 7 seater.
    NDYyOWNmNWNmMGU1ZDQxMjM4ODhhYTI0ZGU1MWVmZDJbvviSfTkHseehJw7XlJpfaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MTU3OTE4M3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

1.8 tdi
    nct july 17
    New belts and Clutch and Flywheel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

nd wrote: »
    My own yoke.

bora 1.4 nct to jan 18

ODIxNDJhZTZkMGQzY2MwYjM2NmMyMDA2MGYwMzBhMjMx3rabh0IdwCiIC6bX8TOwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183MjgwODE0NHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2002-vw-bora-1-4-new-nct-jan-18/15327202

Seems to be no interest regardless of price. Is it worth anything? Or I'm thinking maybe it's too cheap and maybe people think it's a bucket? ha

Once upon a time they were a 'boy racer' type car and every young fella seemed to have one. They have a bad reputation especially the 1.4 engine so maybe that's not helping with the sale. My last car was a bora and I loved it but ended up selling it off for next to nothing. Noone wanted it either :o:o

That's very good value though considering the tyres and nct.

Every car has a price that sells the car regardless of what that car is. If ad was for say 480.00 instead of 600 it would be sold.
    What's a 120 euro if it means it's moved on as a cheap car for someone.
    You could just give it away. I'll take it :)

Am I correct in saying as per ad its only live for 3 hours as of now?

No it's up about a week. I just bumped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Hi all, I used this thread to pick up a 01 Corolla for €700 with your help last year (thanks again!).

Unfortunately the exhaust is leaking and it's guzzling petrol. My mate had a look and there's been some kind of fixer upper job done on it with a bit of wood being shoved in and sealed. We tried sealing it further but it hasn't lasted.

The NCT is due now too, so I have the choice now of fixing what I have, which I haven't gotten a price for yet, or after having a quick scan of the last few posts here just picking up a different car since the market seems to be even better for buyers than it was last year.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Cianos wrote: »
    Hi all, I used this thread to pick up a 01 Corolla for €700 with your help last year (thanks again!).

Unfortunately the exhaust is leaking and it's guzzling petrol. My mate had a look and there's been some kind of fixer upper job done on it with a bit of wood being shoved in and sealed. We tried sealing it further but it hasn't lasted.

The NCT is due now too, so I have the choice now of fixing what I have, which I haven't gotten a price for yet, or after having a quick scan of the last few posts here just picking up a different car since the market seems to be even better for buyers than it was last year.

Thoughts?

It is always a balancing act. If that is the only thing that's wrong with it and you like it, I would fix it properly: have patches welded or even parts of exhaust completely replaced.

With all due-diligence, with this budget you never know if the one you get as a replacement will not be worse that what you have... But if the car is giving you other trouble - ditch it...

What do you mean by 'guzzling petrol' ? It is 15 years old car - 10l/100km is something to be expected...

I don't like the car, it's a grand car but looks very shoddy, has a lot of damage to the paintwork etc. I got it at the time as I needed something quick and Corollas have a good reputation for reliability.
    grogi wrote: »
    What do you mean by 'guzzling petrol' ? It is 15 years old car - 10l/100km is something to be expected...

Since the exhaust issue has reared its head it's doing noticeably worse on petrol. I haven't measured it but it's draining faster than normal anyway.

It also seems to need a lot of oil.

If I could get something nicer with a good NCT for around 500 and if the repair work on what I have was going to be not much cheaper than that I'd defintely consider switching.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

If you have time go look at a few cars asking around ?1200 and wave 500 under their nose , you'll get lucky with persistence, and you only need to get lucky once .

• Advertisement

Bigus wrote: »
    If you have time go look at a few cars asking around ?1200 and wave 500 under their nose , you'll get lucky with persistence, and you only need to get lucky once .

I don't have time unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Cianos wrote: »
    I don't have time unfortunately!

Buy nd's Bora so.
    Tested for the year, asking 600.
    Looks in decent condition

Buy nd's Bora so.
    Tested for the year, asking 600.
    Looks in decent condition

I saw that thanks but it's the other side of the country for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭pcardin

If you have time go look at a few cars asking around ?1200 and wave 500 under their nose...

and risk ending up with a punch in the face? :D Someone tried to pull this trick with me over the weekend, was it you? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

If someone offered me 500 for a 1200 car I'd openly insult them back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

Bigus, have you had much success using that clever bargaining system ?

jelutong wrote: »

With women he has .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

You honestly believe someone will give you a 700e discount on a 1200e car because of persistence?

hahahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

To be fair, unless the seller just bought the car, they're making a loss at €500 or €1200. Some will build in a margin (say if they want 800 they'll ask 1200) and some will not price a €500 car at €500 because it attracts people who want a car for free. Some just want to get it sold.
    It's not like offering €5000 for a €12000 car.

I would be pretty cheesed off if I had taken time out to show a car where the buyer had no intention of paying even half the asking. If they have an intention of buying then that's where selling comes in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

jelutong wrote: »

Yes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement