Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They all have lovely bottoms....

Which wear out car seats. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

unkel wrote: »
    Could be an honest mistake, badges put up there by previous owner. Both cars (Mk3 ST 3l and Mk4 Ghia 2.5) have similar power and performance. And the Mk4 has the Volvo 5-pot engine - same as in the Focus ST. Hell I'd prefer that over the V6 in the Mk3 Mondeo ST.
    If you're going to try and sell something - then surely you should know what you're selling? A quick glance at the logbook will tell you what it is. Maybe it is a mistake, but its one of those small things that gets on my wick (bit like the amount of diesels if you search RS4 on DD :rolleyes:)

I do agree on the engine though - nice 5 pot noise and probably more tuneable being forced-induction. Also appears to be an early Cork reg so the tax is on the old CC basis and cheaper than the Mk3 V6 there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Farmer Bob

I was looking at it myself with its aldi stickers.....

God lad at least say replica or it's a V6 or something....

Who falls for this sh1t

All ya have to do is put the reg. in Cartell... It's a Ghia with €1200/year road tax.
    Registration 08C480
    Make FORD
    Model MONDEO
    Description NT GHIA 2.5 220PS 6 SPEED Euro 4
    Engine Capacity 2521

Owner went to the trouble of painting calipers too... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,432 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Top Dog wrote: »
    If you're going to try and sell something - then surely you should know what you're selling?

Do you think the average owner has the knowledge that all of us in this thread combined have? You overestimate the human being :p Most people would never even have heard of cartell. I admit it was the first port of call I made when the reg was visible.

Dunno. Maybe it’s an innocent mistake, but I doubt it.

Anyway I’m sure it will sell in no time at all, and the new owner will be very happy with his/her purchase. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'd say he'll be waiting a while to shift it. The price needs to be halved again, for starters.

It's a nice-ish engine in a crap car. Would anyone actually pay €2k for that? I know opinions can differ but I think it's a horrible yoke.

I'd say he'll be waiting a while to shift it. The price needs to be halved again, for starters.

It's a nice-ish engine in a crap car. Would anyone actually pay €2k for that? I know opinions can differ but I think it's a horrible yoke.

My last comment with the little buy wearing shades :cool: was intended to be sarcastic in case anybody thought otherwise...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

unkel wrote: »
    Do you think the average owner has the knowledge that all of us in this thread combined have? You overestimate the human being :p Most people would never even have heard of cartell. I admit it was the first port of call I made when the reg was visible.
    You're right of course :o

If it was a Titanium X Sport, yes. But not a hope for a Ghia. Wouldn't go quite so far as to call it horrible, its honest enough motoring, it just doesn't really draw your attention in any way at all. Its just another A-B car, albeit with a slightly more peppy/thirsty engine.

Yeah, just the matte black alloys, callipers painted blue it looks tacky enough, like he wanted it to be something more than it is. Also gives the impression it's had the hoop driven out of it. I could be mistaken but that's the first thing I think when I see DIY black alloys.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Yeah, just the matte black alloys, callipers painted blue it looks tacky enough, like he wanted it to be something more than it is. Also gives the impression it's had the hoop driven out of it. I could be mistaken but that's the first thing I think when I see DIY black alloys.

The beige interior doesn't do it any favours either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

is there a "little bit above bangernomics" thread specifically 2000 - 3500

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

JJJJNR wrote: »

Today I saw a car for sale but I usually save my posts in that thread to cars that are pretty desirable. Then there is also the luxobarge thread but that is for couches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

You could call this thread Lidl bangernomics and 'a little above' thread Aldi bangernomics (for povvers with notions)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,106 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-is250/17895841

Lexus
    Heated and cooled seats
    Maybe 1500 buys it

YThlY2JkZmYyODBkYjkwYmJjOTQ3MWQyMjBjMWJkZGE6-4wYnn9TNkFTWpK6iCgFaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185NDAzODc4M3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

My missus and bank account are so happy that that Lexus is on the opposite side of the country.

Edit: No EnCiTi?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

My missus and bank account are so happy that that Lexus is on the opposite side of the country.

Edit: No EnCiTi?

“Text due to bad coverage”.... bad coverage=bad roads

• Registered Users Posts: 65,432 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Expires in 2 weeks. Wouldn't touch it without a new NCT unless he gave it away...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ah lads, have he not seen the headrests?

The seats look a bit strange, particularly the back seats. Very baggy. Seatbelt not the same colour as the seats

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Range approx 185 km,,on just under a half tank of ⛽️ :eek:
    Am I missing something ?:mad:

last bit of the tank goes quickly in Toyota’s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Buy it to use as a trade in.. i got 8k of the price of a kuga for an 08 one last year

Ford will give you €6k off a Kuga if you trade in a photo of a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Ford will give you €6k off a Kuga if you trade in a photo of a car.

8k plus the 4k fair play deal as they were calling it at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-bravo-eco-multijet-1-6-dsl-still-available/17814868

Seems to good to be true. Italian styling, fiat diesel reliability, loads of test and tax.

Whats not to love.. Apart from the blue bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,106 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-bravo-eco-multijet-1-6-dsl-still-available/17814868

Seems to good to be true. Italian styling, fiat diesel reliability, loads of test and tax.

That's a cracker, aside from the aforementioned blue bits.
    I wonder what the interior is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭GypsyByName

I bought a very tidy 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback 1.4 petrol automatic today. Body is very clean, no pics as of yet.
    Tax and test until May. 130000miles.
    €100

Is that Bangernomics???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

Did they come like that or are the blue parts added afterwards, Id tolerate it, but it looks out of place, better than big eyelashes, but not great as more awkward to deal with/remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

I bought a very tidy 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback 1.4 petrol automatic today. Body is very clean, no pics as of yet.
    Tax and test until May. 130000miles.
    €100
    Is that Bangernomics???

If you sell it for €101 before you have to tax it :) I just saw one at an NCT centre, a 1998, looked like it had been abandoned, I havent seen one of that age without a bit of rust, in fact, Ive barely seen any of thema round anymore at all.
    Id like to see some pics of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭GypsyByName

1874 wrote: »
    If you sell it for €101 before you have to tax it :) I just saw one at an NCT centre, a 1998, looked like it had been abandoned, I havent seen one of that age without a bit of rust, in fact, Ive barely seen any of thema round anymore at all.
    Id like to see some pics of it.

The only problem with it is the squib! So it continually makes the clicking noise as if the indicators are on even when they arent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement