Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

JJJJNR wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-bravo-eco-multijet-1-6-dsl-still-available/17814868

Seems to good to be true. Italian styling, fiat diesel reliability, loads of test and tax.

Whats not to love.. Apart from the blue bits.

is it not damaged on passenger side front wing or am i seeing things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Above the rear wheel passenger side also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

is it not damaged on passenger side front wing or am i seeing things

front bumper looks to be a different colour to the bonnet which looks misaligned

That could be my bad eye sight tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,106 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis-new-nct-to-april-19/17905023

A Ven Sis
    NCT April 19
    One previous owner
    New Clutch

MmI1NDhjZWQ4ZjlmMjhkMzc1YmI5YTMwY2Q4YjJlY2b66asRaKwDE84es1Lm0iMUaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185NDExOTY1OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BOBIDGE

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

1874 wrote: »
    If you sell it for €101 before you have to tax it :) I just saw one at an NCT centre, a 1998, looked like it had been abandoned, I havent seen one of that age without a bit of rust, in fact, Ive barely seen any of thema round anymore at all.
    Id like to see some pics of it.

I have a completely standard one garaged at home with no rust. 20 years old this year. It would be still on the road only for the state of the insurance situation at the moment with older cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BOBIDGE

BOBIDGE wrote: »

Apparently burns oils, like Mondeo. Bought for 2.5k before Christmas and now traded in.

Just called. Stay well clear?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-406-coupe-2-0/17418412

Peug Coupe
    Leather
    Nct Oct 18
    Nice colour

ZjRhOWE5ZjlmMGZiOWViN2M3MzZhYzg5ZjhjZGExNGUm1YkblPTXwXCYdZKg4NGqaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MDE4MzI3M3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

BOBIDGE wrote: »
    Apparently burns oils, like Mondeo. Bought for 2.5k before Christmas and now traded in.

Just called. Stay well clear?

They have another a year younger that's selling for considerable more, something funky about this one alright

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They have another a year younger that's selling for considerable more, something funky about this one alright

A year newer and it's the more sought after diesel with cheap tax so it's not like for like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/08-honda-accord-1-owner-new-nct-3-19-type-s/17884399

NGRiMzg1YTdlM2E0ODVlNWRhYmI5Mjc1ZDlmYTY2ZDeCtVUGLhgJRCCTJN8Cbq8UaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MzkzNTQ5NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

1 owner, NCT till 3/19, Type S - €1850

Miles are high but it looks pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/08-honda-accord-1-owner-new-nct-3-19-type-s/17884399

NGRiMzg1YTdlM2E0ODVlNWRhYmI5Mjc1ZDlmYTY2ZDeCtVUGLhgJRCCTJN8Cbq8UaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MzkzNTQ5NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

That looks like it only has 37k on it! Not the 370k.
    I’ve seen the newer model not look as good in pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Nice looking motor. What would be the concerns in these Accords with mileage that high?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Nice looking motor. What would be the concerns in these Accords with mileage that high?

What wears with mileage? Suspension and drive-train. None should be an issue when the car was serviced properly.

Things like rust, rubber issue etc - are really mileage independent, they are more age related.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The bonnet doesn’t line up properly on that Accord. I know it’s only a cheap car.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The bonnet doesn’t line up properly on that Accord. I know it’s only a cheap car.

Drivers side wing looks a different shade as well.
    Still the rest of it look OK though.
    They are pretty reliable motors in fairness and wear their mileage a lot better than others.

colm_mcm wrote: »

I think it's the wing that doesn't line up. The other side looks to be perfectly aligned.

Some eagle eyed operators on this thread, I wouldn't have spotted that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    I have a completely standard one garaged at home with no rust. 20 years old this year. It would be still on the road only for the state of the insurance situation at the moment with older cars.

Campion insurance will insure that as a classic if you want to keep it on the road as a second car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

High miles but definitely the first facelift E60 we've had in here @ €2,200

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-5-series-523i-se-automatic-model-alloy-whe/17874589
    OWRkMGRmMTdkZjM3YzUxMjE2MTAwYjU2MTBjNzlkNGa79r-W7pOTdY_38HU2zxVRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185Mzk1MDk1MXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Obviously would need to check out but if it drove well, I wouldn't have too many worries about the miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

commited wrote: »

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-5-series-523i-se-automatic-model-alloy-whe/17874589
    OWRkMGRmMTdkZjM3YzUxMjE2MTAwYjU2MTBjNzlkNGa79r-W7pOTdY_38HU2zxVRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185Mzk1MDk1MXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Obviously would need to check out but if it drove well, I wouldn't have too many worries about the miles.

No nct?

You make a good point, I totally missed that. To be honest, I'd assume that as a dealer the car would be sold with an NCT?

commited wrote:

commited wrote:

What would the the main things to be on the look out with these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

commited wrote: »
    You make a good point, I totally missed that. To be honest, I'd assume that as a dealer the car would be sold with an NCT?

Not sure, that dealer sell a lot without ncts too. Looks a good car if nct'd though!

What would the the main things to be on the look out with these?

Overall the facelift E60 is so much nicer than the pre-facelift imho. I had decided I never wanted an e60 based on a few test drives of pre-LCI models and by chance happened to drive an LCI one and it seemed so much better.

They were the first of the direct injection petrol engines that BMW did so had a few issues at first but if that car has got to 177k miles, I'd be amazed if those issues still exist:
    Coil Packs: In the early days these were failing however there is a robust design now. I bought 6 good used ones for my car for €40 off ebay and changed them just in case. New ones are €20 a pop

Injectors: This was the biggie for this engine but as I said, they worked out the issues and most have the latest injectors fitted. You can get them for about €100 each second hand

HPFP: A bit like the diesels the high pressure fuel pump can pack it in. Refurbished units can be had for about €300 now

Apart from that, it's all the standard stuff these days. If it hasn't been taken care of it will be a wreck.

Does 2k seem very cheap for one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Does 2k seem very cheap for one of these?

Yes but most that dealer sells is as they most likely need expensive work carried out.

Yes but most that dealer sells is as they most likely need expensive work carried out.

Oh right, so that dealer isn't the best then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Oh right, so that dealer isn't the best then?

There Moto is sell cheap but sell many ....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement