Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

bear1 wrote:
    A steal. 3.7 is some serious economy, 76mpg... Can't think of many cars these days that could match that. I've 5.4 on ours tipping around the city. Sprightly car aren't they?

Yes I actually had a bit of fun on twisty humpy back roads was very surprised by it. Felt i was 17 again. Although I would of been too embarrassed back then to drive a panda. Would of wanted something cooler.
    I got the great economy as I was on good roads and was trying to get good figure. But previous driver had average of 4.4
    I am over 6 foot and felt like I had plenty of room although rear passenger's would of been cramped behind me.
    Turning lock was amazing.

bear1 wrote:
    A steal. 3.7 is some serious economy, 76mpg... Can't think of many cars these days that could match that. I've 5.4 on ours tipping around the city. Sprightly car aren't they?

Yes I actually had a bit of fun on twisty humpy back roads was very surprised by it. Felt i was 17 again. Although I would of been too embarrassed back then to drive a panda. Would of wanted something cooler.
    I got the great economy as I was on good roads and was trying to get good figure. But previous driver had average of 4.4
    I am over 6 foot and felt like I had plenty of room although rear passenger's would of been cramped behind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

st1979 wrote: »

Best of luck and taxed as well. Serious bargain you got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Best of luck and taxed as well. Serious bargain you got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Is the smaller of the two dates on the NCT disk the date when the NCT was done?

I am seeing a good few cars with mileage of say 80k on NCT disk and same on Odometer but the small date on NCT disk is back in 2016 in some cases.

Does that mean the seller is saying the car hasn't done any mileage since is was NCT'd a year or two ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

whats with all the double and triple posting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

That car has to win the thread.

You could get another 20 years out of that.

I'm glad I have nowhere to put it.

I nearly bought one I saw on here two years ago, 12 month nct , 850 sold as a perfect runner, was gutted gearbox was fecked . perfect my ass .

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

ewj1978 wrote: »
    whats with all the double and triple posting?

Site issue by the looks of it. Happened me earlier too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I would hapilly buy that corolla but just got a quote from my insurance and it goes up by 500 just because of age. Scam :(

I just tried with mine for the craic and got "Sorry we are unable to provide you with a quote". I'd say it is because it is a 1997 which is odd as I am with them on a 1998. One is 20 while the other is 21 as if that is going to make it any less road worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

I nearly bought one I saw on here two years ago, 12 month nct , 850 sold as a perfect runner, was gutted gearbox was fecked . perfect my ass .

Fecked in what way, noisy bearing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Fecked in what way, noisy bearing?

Crunching and hard to get in 3rd .

Crunching and hard to get in 3rd .

Would that be synchro worn out. If so just keep going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Would that be synchro worn out. If so just keep going

Yep... but keeping going would eventually destroy a gear aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,717 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Go 2nd into 4th?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

https://www.adverts.ie/car/peugeot/307-sw/peugeot-307-sw-2005/14773767

Anyone see anything bogie about this?
    Im a little weary as its a dealer cheap and says no warranty.

Located in the ballymount triangle but looks a good buy

"With peugeot reliability" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    "With peugeot reliability" :pac:

Was just about to say that! Hope he means that tongue in cheek (though in my experience of this motoring forum, someone will be along any minute to claim that Peugeot's are well known for being the most reliable car brand ever :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Gravelly wrote: »
    Was just about to say that! Hope he means that tongue in cheek (though in my experience of this motoring forum, someone will be along any minute to claim that Peugeot's are well known for being the most reliable car brand ever :D )

Even if that was the case, the 307 isn't a highest note in that song...

vejle-denmark-a-peugeot-307-car-burns-after-it-allegedly-caught-on-picture-id53066827

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I nearly wouldn't take that 307 if it was free. There's better cars out there even with a €1k budget.

grogi wrote: »
    Even if that was the case, the 307 isn't a highest note in that song...

vejle-denmark-a-peugeot-307-car-burns-after-it-allegedly-caught-on-picture-id53066827

A bonfire is probably the best use of one of those.

• Advertisement

...__... wrote: »

Actually, just go for the Peugeot.....

But it doesn't have "peugeot reliability". Oh wait.......

Will I ever find a car sub 1300 thats hopefully 06 maybe 1.9 diesel :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Will I ever find a car sub 1300 thats hopefully 06 maybe 1.9 diesel :(

Yeah, here’s one.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/view/17946745

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

martyc5674 wrote: »

A few miles on it, but if it was looked after it's probably grand. I'd go for that before either of the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Never buy a car from adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement