Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That has aircon. It’s the button in the left at the bottom.
    Keep in mind a non X Ghia prefacelift was actually quite basic. That has a few extra bits like trip computer, rear electric windows etc.

My parents drive 05 non Ghia and they have auto air con with LCD display that's why it looked like a non Ghia to me. Was wrong.

Shows how different trim levels can be confusing.

If I needed a cheap runaround that wouldn't bother me at all anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

wonski wrote: »
    My parents drive 05 non Ghia and they have auto air con with LCD display that's why it looked like a non Ghia to me. Was wrong.

Some of the run out models had the lcd display.

That has aircon. It’s the button in the left at the bottom.
    Keep in mind a non X Ghia prefacelift was actually quite basic. That has a few extra bits like trip computer, rear electric windows etc.

The ghia always had either a sunroof or aircon though. Some of the pre facelifts didn't even have alloys.

There was a 2.0 ghia as well which usually came with high spec and also had a leather interior. They were a nice place to be as a passenger. Never drove one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think some of the facelift LX or Zetec models had option packs with stuff like keyless start so thelines are blurred as to what’s higher spec

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Ford specs always vary wildly though. Or ad least they did through the 90's and 2000's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

I drove one of those years ago, surprisingly nice drive. A lotta car for the money

That Honda is very cheap. I would check it carefully before buying...

Or very rough looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

That Honda is very cheap. I would check it carefully before buying...

Or very rough looking.

No mileage listed in ad.
    Spotless exterior, interior not so good, steering wheel & drivers seat bolster seen plenty of action

• Advertisement

ongarite wrote: »
    No mileage listed in ad.
    Spotless exterior, interior not so good, steering wheel & drivers seat bolster seen plenty of action

Rear righthand door is dented, the rear bumper is scuffed, the lefthand side sill is dented underneath the back door and there is also a dent it the left wing.

Given the age of the car some flaws are to be expected but the bodywork is a bit rough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

The Frv seems to good to be true alright, he's making a great effort to conceal the reg too. One to avoid or at least inspect thoroughly I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I drove one of those years ago, surprisingly nice drive. A lotta car for the money

I owned a few of these in NZ. Two of which were absolute kettles, I had a 2.5 non turbo and a turbo, both wagons, both head gasket trouble. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Wouldn't be surprised if that FRV is an ex taxi. Has all the signs (not literally of course!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

The back of the car rough to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Wouldn't be surprised if that FRV is an ex taxi. Has all the signs (not literally of course!)

YTU3_Mm_Ix_Mzk1_Zm_Zj_Mm_E1_Mjc1_MDQ3_Nz_Bm_Y2_Uy_OTdk_OTb_Rwb_HFz_Mfes_PRv38w_FZAca.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis/18016606

This is a real man's ex taxi
    05 2.0 auto avensis
    Test till May
    Taxi tax till near the end of the year
    Supposedly 450,000 miles although I suspect it's actually kilometres.
    Asking €595

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I owned a few of these in NZ. Two of which were absolute kettles, I had a 2.5 non turbo and a turbo, both wagons, both head gasket trouble. Never again.

ah but the above one is the 2 litre, not the 2.5

I had a saloon Leggy with the blitzen kit on it, I still miss it. had the 2 litre petrol engine twin (technically sequential) turbo

Drove one of the estate versions too and loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Nice unusual 2004 Punto HGT Diesel, with 1.9 JTD.

UK import, but if its sound, its a fun, economical quick car.

ZTI2NzIzNDdiZDNiZDZjZjkxMGU2MGY2NTdmMGUyZDH9dr8qwDJ3M1AG_cGyTKuIaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185NDY0NzkyNXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Has the cd changer and climate control too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

That punto looks well cared for, engine near spotless too , no age related dust or stains under the cover from what I can see.

The insured on the disc is the garage owner so may have been a toy !

That punto looks well cared for, engine near spotless too , no age related dust or stains under the cover from what I see.

Age related dust and stain is pretty normal.

I prefer to see a bit of dust and dirt under the hood so I can see where the oil is leaking :)

Nice find, if it is one owner that should be a good example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

True, I prefer the engine to look aged as its easier to spot the new bits and bolts but that looks like it was cleaned with cloths and not just power washed.

I've been guilty of wasting hours cleaning an engine just for that accomplished feeling looking at it!!...wife never understands why I like a shiny battery cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

650 quid on a CD player !! Lol

Seller trying to sell.

At this end of spectrum I wouldn't even bother with the description.

If it's good it's good.

If not, walk away.

Yeah, blaupunkt, had them on the Sporting too. Doubt he paid €650 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I'm guessing a fair whack of that cost was for fitting. Possibly fitted by someone who only half knew what they were doing and then thought they were justified for charging for a silly amount of time spent fitting? Nuts alright though in my opinion spending that kind of money on a CD player for a car worth well under €2k, especially in this day and age when there are more up to date audio options available too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'm guessing a fair whack of that cost was for fitting. Possibly fitted by someone who only half knew what they were doing and then thought they were justified for charging for a silly amount of time spent fitting? Nuts alright though in my opinion spending that kind of money on a CD player for a car worth well under €2k, especially in this day and age when there are more up to date audio options available too.

Don't worry, i'd say it's just a lie.

I really like that Fiat. I remember we had a Stilo in the family with what I think was that engine. Had a rake of problems, all engine related not Stilo related. It'd put me off another with that engine but we probably just got a bad one.

I really like that Punto. Id definitely drive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Don't worry, i'd say it's just a lie.

I really like that Fiat. I remember we had a Stilo in the family with what I think was that engine. Had a rake of problems, all engine related not Stilo related. It'd put me off another with that engine but we probably just got a bad one.

I really like that Punto. Id definitely drive it.

I'm surprised, those engines are generally very reliable.
    We had 2 variations of it in our family and they were the best part of the cars.

It has an in dash cd changer, which I’d say was standard equipment. Prob just a like for like replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Don't worry, i'd say it's just a lie. .

Ah not worried in the slightest, just saying. I'd drive it all day long too though, certainly looks the part.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mazda-6-exeutive-tourer/17864522
    07 Mazda 6 1.8, 218k km, Tested 09/2018 and 6 weeks tax. Looks tidy and well presented. Get the impression it was cared for. All for under €1k...nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Yeah, blaupunkt, had them on the Sporting too. Doubt he paid €650 though.

I'd say the issue was sourcing a working, original headunit/changer. You rarely see people go to the bother, its normally a 10 euro adapter and a 70 euro Halfords job.

Look past the price claim and just think of it as a sign of someone caring enough about it.

I'm surprised more people didnt take issue with the price of the car - 1350 is strong for a 2004 Punto.

Even if its a minter, he will struggle to get that, so i reckon its a bargain for someone who would appreciate it. If i didnt need my Multiwagon to carry a longboard, I'd be on it. :cool::cool::cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement