Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,105 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-9-5-nct-tested-and-taxed/18044503

Nice Spec and colour Saabina
    Good tyres, taxed until April
    NCT till Dec
    Right interior imho

Price a bit high but it has a lot going for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Note that the seller is a trader, but the fact that it’s 2 owners in 12 years and has a service history is great and would suggest it’s a trade in to a main dealer which has been sold off. Nothing wrong with that of course but no point in asking the seller any in depth questions about the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Can't see any service history in the photos. Am I blind?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Can't see any service history in the photos. Am I blind?

Only a picture of the closed service book

its a start!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

bear1 wrote: »
    I'm surprised, those engines are generally very reliable.
    We had 2 variations of it in our family and they were the best part of the cars.

Those engines are bullet proof.
    What I’d be looking at the punto is the chassis...
    And the asking price is double what it will likely fetch, maybe he meant to say the stereo was 1350 and the car is 650

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Those engines are bullet proof.
    What I’d be looking at the punto is the chassis...
    And the asking price is double what it will likely fetch, maybe he meant to say the stereo was 1350 and the car is 650

I believe that engine would be the 95bhp version?
    In a car of that size it would be nippy thing to go.
    Hadn't paid attention to the price tbh, but yes it's way too high.
    Especially considering the tax for a punto will put a lot of people off.
    That dual zone means that's the emotion spec? My parents bought one new in 2004 and I think at the time it was almost a 1k option.

That’s a UK HGT spec, so it’s a Multijet 8 valve 100bhp with 5 speed box. Would make a savage van.

If it was a Grande Punto or had the Abarth kit or was the nice blue or yellow or red you could maybe make a case for it, but it’s a €1000 car at best.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That’s a UK HGT spec, so it’s a Multijet 8 valve 100bhp with 5 speed box. Would make a savage van.

If it was a Grande Punto or had the Abarth kit or was the nice blue or yellow or red you could maybe make a case for it, but it’s a €1000 car at best.

I know not the best thinking but map it reasonably and a 120bhp in a 7/800kg Car would make it a lovely little "sleeper".
    My parents have the 130 version in their gp and it's a great unit.
    I think even at 1k he will struggle.
    Wonder if you showed up with 8/900e would he take it... hmmm

You can map them to 150 easily enough I think. They are nearly a 20year old model though.

You can map them to 150 easily enough I think. They are nearly a 20year old model though.

And no dpf to worry about either. Blank off the egr, map it and away you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭selectamatic

They weigh about 1100kg similar to most other hatches their size.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Price dropped to €1150!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's gone already, must have been cheap! :D:D:D:D

Think it was €695. 08 Mondeo diesel. Test till October.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

it was 850 marked as sold now. Was going to ring in a while

it was 850 marked as sold now. Was going to ring in a while

So was I.

Which one of ye got there first?! :pac:

Mz_Y0_YTRh_OGQx_Zj_Ri_OTQ0_Zj_U1_Mzgx_YTMx_OGUz_NWM3_ZWTWuk_Pi_JIov8_HTJd_Bxtwe_CG.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/seat-toledo-1-9-tdi/18046770

This might suit anyone looking for a simple turbo diesel car.
    2004 Toledo 110bhp tdi (non pd)
    Vw's best tdi engine imo
    Test till October
    Tax till the end of March
    Looks very clean except for that mark under the passenger side rear light.
    Seems to be have a decent spec
    And the ad gives off a genuine vibe.
    Asking €1000

It's rare enough to find a tdi toledo that doesn't have that massive poxy sun strip covering the windscreen.

Probably never been near the Nürburgring either. A lot of them have obviously done laps as they have the sticker to prove it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Probably never been near the Nürburgring either. A lot of them have obviously done laps as they have the sticker to prove it.
    The one down the road from me has the "Neverbeen" sticker which is honest at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Those non PD's (the AFN code I think but 04 may be too new for that) are animals. Cannot be killed.

Seat toledo's and leons kept some non pd tdi engines up until model production end in 2004. It's basically the same as the afn tdi engine but it's mounted transversely. I think seats generally had the asv code.

The only pd engines they got were the 130bhp and the 150bhp ones.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-polo-diesel-nct-2-19-60000miles/18054370

Polo 1.9d

Full main dealer service history from new, serviced 1000miles ago with a new tbelt kit fitted last week, tyres have 90% thread on them. Nct 2/19,
    60000 miles

NzI3YjA1N2Y4ZTJkYjhhOGZiNzg3MjdkZmNhNTU5YTIDpBfusO40KW2ia4-q7Yi7aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185NTMxNzg2Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

I’d be skeptical that someone would fit a timing belt to a 17 year old unsaleable car then try to sell it. But to be fair it looks to be a 1 owner car. I just can’t imagine anyone would buy it for €600 and then spend the price of the car taxing it.
    I see the seller has some old VWs for sale so maybe they did the belt themselves. I’m geuessing there’s some Al Hayes connection as seller is in Portumna and is clearing trade cars.
    7506 miles on the NCT disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Polo gone.

Ad being updated

OTBi_NGIx_ZGI1_MTcy_YWI1_MTc1_NDhl_Nj_E0_Nzg4_MWJk_ZGQj_H6a8_VKB5e55v4o_Xv_Bjt.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/98-nissan-nct20-5-18-tax-7-18/17988925
    98 1.0 3dr Micra
    Test till nearly the end of May
    Tax till August
    Doesn't look too bad really
    Asking €250

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

OTBi_NGIx_ZGI1_MTcy_YWI1_MTc1_NDhl_Nj_E0_Nzg4_MWJk_ZGQj_H6a8_VKB5e55v4o_Xv_Bjt.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/98-nissan-nct20-5-18-tax-7-18/17988925
    98 1.0 3dr Micra
    Test till nearly the end of May
    Tax till August
    Doesn't look too bad really
    Asking €250

Ah Jaysus, LOL. In all honesty how often does it snow in this fuggin' country. And does it ever last any more than a few hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement