Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Ah right. Not sure if I like that or not! Not keeping the Civic but I had considered a double DIN before

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

The sat nav on the one posted by SC was here.

z2YlEls.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Ah right. Not sure if I like that or not! Not keeping the Civic but I had considered a double DIN before

If goong double din and you want sat nav you'd be better of buying a unit with it built in. I think some of the clarions have it built in. I think you need to purchase a seperate add on for the pioneer units to enable sat nav.

z2YlEls.png

Yeah that would be the built in factory sat nav.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I didnt look at the steering wheel to see if it had cruse control but other then the sat nav it was the same spec as mine with the cream interior.

Assuming it was an honest car he could of seeked a lot more than 1300 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭westeire

Long time lurker here! I bought the honda civic happy with it for €1000 saw it before it was posted here. It runs very well has a full service history,body is very good just a bump in rear bumper, the cream interior still looks good. Bit short on test but should be fine.

That’s a serious bargain. Post some pics of it!

Did you see it here first?

Will do, I thought there was going to be something wrong with it he just bought new car so wanted it gone. A lot of extras for 07 car! No saw it on donedeal early this morning he had a lot of interest but got there first!

They’re probably the least risky used car you can buy.

You’d wanna get rid of that satnav though. I’ll swap you the tried and tested standard audio system

I hope so! The satnav is way out date useless the standard is properly better.

• Advertisement

There’s probably updated maps out there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Great deal westeire!

1k for the Civic, well done.

Best deal done this year so far.

Well it might be replacement for the colrolla we have for 21 years ! its a bit more fun to drive anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Ah ****e that would have been perfect for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

westeire wrote: »
    Well it might be replacement for the colrolla we have for 21 years ! its a bit more fun to drive anyways

Does it have cruise control ?

There not bad for a 1.8 while being great on juice at same time.

Does it have cruise control ?

There not bad for a 1.8 while being great on juice at same time.

Yes it has cruise control.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

You’d wanna get rid of that satnav though. I’ll swap you the tried and tested standard audio system

Maybe that's intended to be sarcastic colm but between the standard audio and the display on sisters 07 they haven't being great so far. Stereo went soon after she bought car about 2 years ago. Honda quoting €1,000 including VAT for a replacement. Got one for €150 of a Honda being broken and a few days after replacing the display went dead.... Its being out of action since. It being good to her so far besides the cat which also needed replacing soon after she bought.

Fair play westeire, didn't see the car but that seems a fantastic price, a steal at that really! Won't be as robust as the Corolla you had for 21 years but a very worthy replacement too for a more modern car. Plus I can only imagine insurance was gone nuts on the Corolla if you were getting many quotes on it.

Nah it was in jest. My display is acting the maggot too.
    832_E45_F4-6838-4036-86_A0-_D5833_EF3_FD17.jpg
    Just needs a well directed wallop every so often to fix!

Maybe that's intended to be sarcastic colm but between the standard audio and the display on sisters 07 they haven't being great so far. Stereo went soon after she bought car about 2 years ago. Honda quoting €1,000 including VAT for a replacement. Got one for €150 of a Honda being broken and a few days after replacing the display went dead.... Its being out of action since. It being good to her so far besides the cat which also needed replacing soon after she bought.

Fair play westeire, didn't see the car but that seems a fantastic price, a steal at that really! Won't be as robust as the Corolla you had for 21 years but a very worthy replacement too for a more modern car. Plus I can only imagine insurance was gone nuts on the Corolla if you were getting many quotes on it.

Thanks johndaman66, yes very happy with it very smooth and quite well going from an old diesel engine that wouldn't be hard:P Yes the Toyota corolla was robust as hell and ultra reliable never had issue with in 21 years, insurance was mad €1000 last time but on classic now €150 for the year:D

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

Adding my own car even it is not as interesting as other cars posted here. Let me know if there is a rule against that so I remove it.

https://www.adverts.ie/car/ford/focus/ford-focus-1-6-petrol-automatic-nct-d/14849837

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

kerten wrote: »
    Adding my own car even it is not as interesting as other cars posted here. Let me know if there is a rule against that so I remove it.

https://www.adverts.ie/car/ford/focus/ford-focus-1-6-petrol-automatic-nct-d/14849837

Good ad with lots of info. If you havent done so I’d stick it on done deal as well, generally get a lot of time wasters on adverts. It might struggle to sell at that price due to unpopular engine coupled with it being a saloon focus instead of a hatch. Looks well minded though, good luck with the sale

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

kerten wrote: »

Thats a very nice looking car, and refreshingly clean. As mentioned already, put it on donedeal if you haven't already.

The display can be repaired. The solder on the pins crack and lose contact which causes failure of the digits to illuminate. My own one has the same problem which I must get repired when I have time.

The original head unit is dreadful in them, even when working properly it's really not great. That will be ditched in mine for an aftermarket unit and new speakers all around.

Nah it was in jest. My display is acting the maggot too.
    832_E45_F4-6838-4036-86_A0-_D5833_EF3_FD17.jpg
    Just needs a well directed wallop every so often to fix!

Yours isn't bad. Mine is worse than that

• Registered Users Posts: 36,105 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This would concern me:

"NOISE in 3rd gear when slowing down. Otherwise it's drives perfect."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Turn the radio up, problem solved :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

bazz26 wrote: »
    This would concern me:

"NOISE in 3rd gear when slowing down. Otherwise it's drives perfect."

Bearings?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Could be coincidental and nothing to do with the gearbox at all. My airbox resonates when accelerating and makes an awful racket, louder in third and fourth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Could be anything tbh.

If a seller does say there is a noise, there probably is some noise that would have been noticed during the test drive and be fairly audible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement