Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

dbrunson wrote: »

I assume the 341k is km's as opposed to miles?
    Still fair motoring for a laguna.
    Either way it's one for the dreamers thread with that asking price and those miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

W123-80's wrote: »
    I assume the 341k is km's as opposed to miles?
    Still fair motoring for a laguna.
    Either way it's one for the dreamers thread with that asking price and those miles.

Going by the pic of the dash, it's miles! Looks like 550k or thereabouts. Can't see that car being worth any more than scrap value unless he can find some masochist with a fetish for high mileage Renaults!

(cue a long line of boardies with numerous anecdotes of how they did 12 million miles in a Laguna without ever having to so much as change a tyre :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Gravelly wrote: »
    On a Laguna! Wonder how many breakdowns he had!

Probably in counselling for the rest of his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Half a million kilometres in a Renault is a grim grim place.

Cars still clock up miles while being towed, so that might explain it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'd rather a year in Guantanamo bay than half a million kilometres in a Laguna.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'd rather a year in Guantanamo bay than half a million kilometres in a Laguna.

That model Laguna is one of the best and quite comfy.

It's over 500k kilometres.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think it's fair to say that since that Laguna managed to make to that mileage that it was probably reliable enough otherwise it would have been scrapped ages ago.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I think it's fair to say that since that Laguna managed to make to that mileage that it was probably reliable enough otherwise it would have been scrapped ages ago.

Or else it was owned by some lad who would rather have died than admit what a pile of shïte he bought, and drove it into the ground to prove a point :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Thing is though they're not piles of ****e.

A much, much better car than the previous model. I reckon a lot of these notions are coming from people's perceptions of the Mk2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Thing is though they're not piles of ****e.

A much, much better car than the previous model. I reckon a lot of these notions are coming from people's perceptions of the Mk2.

Yeah but you can't argue with barstool man and his opinions, and his "buddy of a buddy of mine" stories that always prove his point. :pac:

That car is seriously comfortable, better place to physically sit on Irish roads than a 3-Series, A4, C-Class etc.

(cue a long line of boardies with numerous anecdotes of how they did 12 million miles in a Laguna without ever having to so much as change a tyre :D )
    Greybottle wrote: »
    Yeah but you can't argue with barstool man and his opinions, and his "buddy of a buddy of mine" stories that always prove his point. :pac:

Right on cue!

That car is seriously comfortable, better place to physically sit on Irish roads than a 3-Series, A4, C-Class etc.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D What's the weather like in Monaghan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

I'd happily drive it sooner than walk.

03 micra 1.0, nct to jan 19, new tyres, 475 ono

NWM5M2NmMWIzM2QwZTljZTY2OTQxYjA0MzZkMzQ4YWO8McLRiMpIxgIT6v1tR4lRaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185NTk1MDc0NHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/for-sale-03-nissan-micra-1-0-ltr/18128227

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

bazz26 wrote: »

…… and could have been serviced on the button and got everything it ever needed. I think it looks incredibly fresh for the mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

emeldc wrote: »
    …… and could have been serviced on the button and got everything it ever needed. I think it looks incredibly fresh for the mileage.

It may have been serviced on the button, and it might be more reliable than the love child of Denis Irwin & Paul O'Connell BUT he is still in cloud cukcoo land with his asking price. I don't think it's worth €500.
    It's a feckin Renault with over a half a million kms!
    If it was an avensis or a corolla everybody would have said too many miles and too dear.. move on.
    I just looked at the advert again, the NCT is due 25/02/18.
    Seller says nothing about testing it, so it's not s actually bangernomics.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

W123-80's wrote: »
    It may have been serviced on the button, and it might be more reliable than the love child of Denis Irwin & Paul O'Connell BUT he is still in cloud cukcoo land with his asking price. I don't think it's worth €500.
    It's a feckin Renault with over a half a million kms!
    If it was an avensis or a corolla everybody would have said too many miles and too dear.. move on.
    I just looked at the advert again, the NCT is due 25/02/18.
    Seller says nothing about testing it, so it's not s actually bangernomics.

Renault should buy it off him and use it as an advertisement. Not a joke. Being serious here. That's providing it hasn't spent a lot of time in the garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,105 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 36,105 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I’m inexplicably drawn to that thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The black bumpers are very black

Savage yoke for the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Can't believe they're not holding on to it for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Savage value for money.

"speed gun detector?"

Savage value for money.

"speed gun detector?"

Had one of them in a celica I owned once upon a time. It was about as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Had one of them in a celica I owned once upon a time. It was about as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

I had a S60 of similar vintage to the V70 above and it was the highest spec, don't recall such a "feature".

I had a S60 of similar vintage to the V70 above and it was the highest spec, don't recall such a "feature".

Any one I’ve seen is a retrofit - either on the dash or inside the front grill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2009-skoda-octavia-1-9-diesel-nct-9-18/18152536

YjNmMTkyYjJkN2QzZjBhM2E0ZTAzNGExY2UzMTQ2NWXEZutXJcQB5zTdQOeyKsIjaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185NjE2NDgxOHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

High miles but cheap tax, NCT'd till September €1750

Shure 200k miles on a diesel Skoda is just about run in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Shure 200k miles on a diesel Skoda is just about run in :D

Well I'm just shy 20k miles on my petrol one it's still flying.

Well I'm just shy 20k miles on my petrol one it's still flying.

20k?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

As in 180000 miles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement