Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Think they used a Mitsubishi turbo and dont have swirl flaps so a safer prospect than the regular version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-seat-ibiza-1-4tdi-new-nct-11-18/18269811

What do you guys think of this car? I don't mind if it's a little 'slow' as I don't planning on racing on the road. As long as it gets me to 100/120 (maybe 130? ;) ), It should be fine. I just want to know regarding its reliability and obvious checks to look out for.

Still looking for a daysul, sadly. The few cars suggested here had a few issues I didn't really want to deal with. Thank you guys yet again.

ITs be fine. They sound like a bag of spanner’s though.

colm_mcm wrote:
    ITs be fine. They sound like a bag of spanner’s though.

Any obvious faults that you're familiar of that I should look out for? Thanks a lot for the input. I really appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭FranklinMint

bazz26 wrote: »
    Alot of the cheaper ones tend to be knackered old taxis.

Would avensis ex- taxis all be diesel models?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭selectamatic

No lots of the city based drivers ran petrol mk2 avensis'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Can be either Diesel or Petrol really. They aren't over concerned about tax as they've a PSV rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

200+k on one of those. It's minutes from imploding at any point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Only done 2000mls since may 17. I've never known anyone to own one but what I've heard they seem to be a nightmare.

Are they a Lexus engine design ?

• Advertisement

Toyota parts bin special.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

"bin" being the important word.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-seat-ibiza-1-4tdi-new-nct-11-18/18269811

What do you guys think of this car? I don't mind if it's a little 'slow' as I don't planning on racing on the road. As long as it gets me to 100/120 (maybe 130? ;) ), It should be fine. I just want to know regarding its reliability and obvious checks to look out for.

Still looking for a daysul, sadly. The few cars suggested here had a few issues I didn't really want to deal with. Thank you guys yet again.
    They are pretty reliable engines those but very unrefined at idle and very noisy. The ibiza isn't a very nice car either but if it's economy you are after then one of these is a good choice, especially given the asking price.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    They are pretty reliable engines those but very unrefined at idle and very noisy. The ibiza isn't a very nice car either but if it's economy you are after then one of these is a good choice, especially given the asking price.

Yeah, I really don't care much about noise, or whatever else apart from economy. I just care about reliability and that it doesn't go out on me when I need it. I've essentially lived in a 1.2 mk2 Punto for 13 years before and never had an issue with the physical aspect of things.

Thank you very much. Anything specific to look out for with these cars/engines?

Yeah, I really don't care much about noise, or whatever else apart from economy. I just care about reliability and that it doesn't go out on me when I need it. I've essentially lived in a 1.2 mk2 Punto for 13 years before and never had an issue with the physical aspect of things.

Thank you very much. Anything specific to look out for with these cars/engines?
    Not sure if there is much to look out for, just make sure it running well and that it's been maintained. The one you are looking at is suppose to have a full service history so make sure that checks out.

I know someone who has a 1.4tdi cordoba from new(11 years) and it hasn't given any major problems. it's not the nicest car in the world but gets the job done.

The cordoba is essentially a saloon ibiza so they are pretty much the same car in most respects.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/03-mercedes-e200-auto-nct-19-taxsept-18/18446002

MmI1YzUyYWE0YTY3OWVmN2E3ODc4MDJkOGVkZDUwYTepBKsK_5Uagt22ML9rFL6aaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185ODUxNTgwOXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

NCT to 2019, tax to August, would be a nice buy for €1k

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a2/18444903

YmE1Y2Y3NjJmOTIxNDE4ZDA0M2JjOWM2MGVlYTAxODF0EY4OzUlF9XQ2EFaXAHWGaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185ODUwODE4NXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Alternatively...1.4 diesel, bit of tax and test

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

Only done 2000mls since may 17. I've never known anyone to own one but what I've heard they seem to be a nightmare.

Have one with nearly 400000km, hasn’t given any grief really, bit sluggish through the gears but no sign of dying just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

1.0l Yaris
    Test Feb '19
    Low mile claim - 62k miles
    3 door may not suit everyone
    Asking €795

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/yaris-1-o-litre-nct-2-2019-62k-miles/18130644

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

That's a very honest looking Yaris, original plates and surrounds is always nice to see. Interesting looking at the NCT cert it's only done 1000 miles between each of its last four tests.

• Advertisement

Looks like a bit of gem alright. Seller probably got it for a song off some old dear..!

Here is another one with even lower mileage and in a better colour. Has a short test however.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-yaris-99-unbelievable-35k/18014557

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

60k is still nothing to one of those Yaris, for €100 less I'd have the gold one all day. It's a bit standoutish but I think it's a nice colour.

60k is still nothing to one of those Yaris, for €100 less I'd have the gold one all day. It's a bit standoutish but I think it's a nice colour.

Difficult to say which one is better without going to view them.

The silver one supposedly has a fsh so the mileage is more than likely genuine.

That gold colour is one of the worst colour on the yaris, even worse than the pink and on par with the solid green imo.

Still I suppose the colour wont matter too much if the car is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Love the line in the ad for the Audi A2...

'perfect for women' :)

WTF like???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/02-fiat-punto-taxed-and-nctd/18271187

Nice colour, tax just expired but a 5 month nct. Looks very clean for a 16 year old car.
    550e

Love the line in the ad for the Audi A2...

'perfect for women' :)

WTF like???

I think they mean "embarrassing car for a man"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,048 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I think they mean "embarrassing car for a man"

Embarrassing is standing at a bus stop :)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-honda-civic-1-8-petrol-reduced/18046978

NzVjMzZmNjNhNTlhYjdhZDdiNjY1ZTFiZWNkODU0YzZwx95J3QVGEb2savPKCqcHaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185NTI3NTYxNHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

08 Civic, cheap(ish) tax, 2019 NCT, €1850

Miles a bit high all the same

• Advertisement

elperello wrote: »
    Embarrassing is standing at a bus stop :)

I just realised earlier today as I was walking through town past a bus stop. I've no idea even how busses work. Do you need a ticket or can you just get on and pay cash? I've driven motorbikes/cars since forever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement