Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I just realised earlier today as I was walking through town past a bus stop. I've no idea even how busses work. Do you need a ticket or can you just get on and pay cash? I've driven motorbikes/cars since forever.

Leap card or cash.

Soon to be cashless.

The driver will know you're a nooby and clap and laugh.... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Leap card or cash.

Soon to be cashless.

The driver will know you're a nooby and clap and laugh.... ;-)

Can you pay with contactless Visa or Mastercard?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Last time my dad went to Dublin the bus driver let him go for free because he was trying to pay with a 20 quid note

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Last time my dad went to Dublin the bus driver let him go for free because he was trying to pay with a 20 quid note
    That happened me too, 2 of us got into town for free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

grogi wrote: »
    Can you pay with contactless Visa or Mastercard?

In the UK yes.... But here nope not yet but it is coming and I would say in the next 2 years if what I've heard and seen from the nta and others.

Cash is coins only unless getting likes of bus eireann.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

In the UK yes.... But here nope not yet but it is coming and I would say in the next 2 years if what I've heard and seen from the nta and others.

Cash is coins only unless getting likes of bus eireann.

I used to love jamming the machine with coppers when I was in college. I'd get on for half price and everyone behind me was for free

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Bangers not busses and back to Civicspacman.gif

If this one is legit its a decent bargain given the generous amount of motor tax on it

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/03-civic-new-tax-02-19-new-nct-03-19-only-61-000-m/18453060
    03 Civic 1.6 saloon;
    61 k miles;
    NCT 03/19;
    Taxed 02/19
    Good to go and asking €899

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭FranklinMint

If this one is legit its a decent bargain given the generous amount of motor tax on it

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/03-civic-new-tax-02-19-new-nct-03-19-only-61-000-m/18453060
    03 Civic 1.6 saloon;
    61 k miles;
    NCT 03/19;
    Taxed 02/19

Crazy if it's a guddun with tax

All down to insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mailliw_11

Crazy if it's a guddun with tax

All down to insurance

It's a small bit fraudulent but if I value my trusty 00 focus at €11000 instead of the €1000 that's it's not even worth I save 400 on my premium. Checked with liberty and they'll only pay market value with a claim so you don't have to feel guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

03 Civic 1.6 saloon;
    61 k miles;
    NCT 03/19;
    Taxed 02/19

It's a great bargain, the rear bumper looks like it's been pushed back a bit but that's really no big deal. Overall that car looks in excellent condition and with nearly a years tax and nct it's serious value for money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

It's a 15 year old, run of the mill saloon, with high tax, how much do you expect it to be worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

mailliw_11 wrote: »
    It's a small bit fraudulent but if I value my trusty 00 focus at €11000 instead of the €1000 that's it's not even worth I save 400 on my premium. Checked with liberty and they'll only pay market value with a claim so you don't have to feel guilty.

That's an interesting one!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think even if you value it at €3000 or something it comes down a good bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Seems like a lot of sentimental value in it... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Gravelly wrote: »
    That's an interesting one!
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    I think even if you value it at €3000 or something it comes down a good bit?

Interesting it is! When I was insuring my banger 04' Corolla for the first time just over 2 years ago I rang every insurance company and broker in the golden pages. I was valuing the car at €1,500 which was just what I had bought it for. Two brokers actively encouraged me to bump up the value of the car to €4/5k to get a better quote which I did and ended up taking cover out with one of them.

The following year when I was ringing all providers again for insurance I suggested bumping up the price to a broker and he tore strips of me. Told him what had happened the previous year and he backed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic/18435004

NWYyYzkxMDljY2YxZWY0YTBiZTRmOTczYjc2OTUyNWFzpKaiMgIOSsd6JKsvXOrsaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185ODYyNjM0MHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

A bit gaudy, but tested till 2019 for €1250

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Awful scangery looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I could live with the bumper but would put a proper grille on it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Oldest trick in the culchie play book!, cotton

Ok
    but just don't do that for obvious reasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭selectamatic

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic/18435004

A bit gaudy, but tested till 2019 for €1250

That civic was sold in kildare (I think) not long ago for similar money.

Could have a few hidden secrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Gravelly wrote: »
    It's a 15 year old, run of the mill saloon, with high tax, how much do you expect it to be worth?

Tax is paid and is valid for another 10 months and while they are run of the mill they are still a very decent car and one of the most reliable cars from that era.

That one has low miles, looks clean and has a long nct and a good bit of tax so is good value at the asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,102 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Not really bangernomics and from the looks of It the insurance cert has a different reg to the nct.
    Wonder why

bear1 wrote: »
    Not really bangernomics and from the looks of It the insurance cert has a different reg to the nct.
    Wonder why

Where are u getting that from?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Where are u getting that from?

From the picture, 05ky.

Doesn't matter why to potential buyer tbh. Someone using 3rd party extension maybe, however there is no point to move the disc to another car.

wonski wrote: »
    From the picture, 05ky.

Doesn't matter why to potential buyer tbh. Someone using 3rd party extension maybe, however there is no point to move the disc to another car.
    Where's the cert in the ad ?

All I can see is a disc matching the reg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Insurance disc is for 05ky, the car is 05g

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Nct disc matches the reg.

Insurance disc starts with 05KY.

I think the previous poster meant insurance disc, not cert and you're being pedantic about it.

• Advertisement

dobman88 wrote: »
    Nct disc matches the reg.

Insurance disc starts with 05KY.

I think the previous poster meant insurance disc, not cert and you're being pedantic about it.

WTF are u on about pedantic

The disc is 05g on the car

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement