Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/06-bmw-318i-immaculate-fresh-nct/18538517

06 BMW 318I Saloon
    96,000 mi

Nct until January 2019 so passed not long ago
    Full valet also done on car
    A lot for a little.

YzBjYWI1YTY5YmJjNmNlNDJkNTM4ZjdiNjk5Yzc4ZTFP0LEecQP1GVG3eOIAQIliaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185OTI2Njc0OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

NWNjZjYwNTgwNTU4MTBjMmMxZTQ2NjIyYjBhYmM3YzWq_5e1Cx3GvQPdi4epctP7aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185OTI2Njc1MHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Gone. Either an unbelievable bargain or something very wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

A real bargain if it isn't hiding some horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,098 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That was fast. Was only put up.
    Can sell any car fast at the right price.
    They mentioned in add that engine and gearbox ect was 100% any test.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,045 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

elperello wrote: »

Looks like one of the other lads on the halting site took a slashhook to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,045 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Gravelly wrote: »
    Looks like one of the other lads on the halting site took a slashhook to it.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Banger update:

Yay! 3rd NCT passed this morning, and only needed 2 tyres. Everything else spot on. This has been without doubt the cheapest car to buy and run ever.

375 euro to buy in 2016, and other than servicing, tyres, tax+insurance and fuel it only needed a single ignition coil. Thats over 24,000km's in almost 2 years.

So, she's good to go until March 2019.

g60uDQf.jpg

(edit: Forgot i put a clutch into it!! 90 + 60 fitting)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The estate and 3 door were the best looking of those. The 5 door looked like the joker smiling at you.
    Remember when the stilo came out you could have that massive panoramic roof. Damn expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

New Stilos were cheap as chips back in the day

bear1 wrote: »
    The estate and 3 door were the best looking of those. The 5 door looked like the joker smiling at you.
    Remember when the stilo came out you could have that massive panoramic roof. Damn expensive though.

I have that roof in the 3 door in the background. Even though it doesnt work now, it makes the interior very bright and airy. Cool party trick when they work.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »

Old ones still are: :D

Y2QzNzkwYmViYjliMTA2MWU1ZjVlZmVhN2NjYzBhZGZRVsbcHdqQQ75C94Ehc-dPaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185ODg2OTMwNnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Surely a grand will take that, with NCT until 2019?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Nice one 26!

That’s great going, proper bangernomics. When they were new I thought the 6 speed box was so exotic (for its segment)

It’s 1.4 as well, which is nice. The 1.2 really struggled.

Ah, I knew I’d seen that car before! It’s local

It’s 1.4 as well, which is nice. The 1.2 really struggled.

Ah, I knew I’d seen that car before! It’s local

Thought it might be local to you. It looks tidy, nice colour.

Apparently the 2006+ 1.4's had all the Stilo niggles sorted and are a pretty reliable car.

I meant that the panoramic roof was an expensive option.
    2k seems to ring a bell for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

I meant that the panoramic roof was an expensive option.
    2k seems to ring a bell for me.

I have a price list from back then somewhere! It was called a Skyroof. Thought it was around €700 but standard on some specs (Active Sound rings a bell) I nearly bought one back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I have a price list from back then somewhere! It was called a Skyroof. Thought it was around €700 but standard on some specs (Active Sound rings a bell) I nearly bought one back in the day.

I had an 05 with it and the abarth kit.

Cracking car for the money.

I had it less then a week. Sold it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭pathogan2008

Between an 07 Fiat Stilo and an 07 Nissan Tiida - both 1.6 petrol, which one would you go for?

Stilo cheaper to buy I'd imagine..

If you’re even considering the Tiida, then probably the Tiida.

• Advertisement

Think you're right actually.
    And you're dead right about the active sound. They had pretty cool spec names for their cars back then.

Between an 07 Fiat Stilo and an 07 Nissan Tiida - both 1.6 petrol, which one would you go for?

Stilo cheaper to buy I'd imagine..

For the sheer and utter boredom of it plus pig ugly looks then tiida all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

For the sheer and utter boredom of it plus pig ugly looks then tiida all day.

Are you not forgetting reliability? :)

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Are you not forgetting reliability? :)

I'd rather have the thrill and sheer excitement of wondering will the car start then have a tiida.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Guys, it looks as though my bangernomics BMW has developed issues that are not economically viable to repair, so after nearly five years (!) relatively trouble-free motoring for €1600, I'm on the lookout for something to replace it. Any recommendations on what would be a good replacement for an E46 320i for in and around Bangernomics money (willing to go slightly over the redline for the right car)?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

It says its a non runner unfortunately

Dia1988 wrote: »

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Ah feic, How I didn't notice that. Post removed!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Board.surf

Success story. I bought a 05 Renault scenic 2.5 years ago for 1500. Automatic cars were hard to come by. It's done an average of 7.8l per 100km. It's a smelly, ugly car but we've driven it a lot. It's got an nct until August, needs new tyres and breaks shortly, but I'll be dumping it. Sad to see it go. Had to replace it's windscreen and the electrix back brakes cost an arm and a leg (I think 400). New tyres once for 200 and a good few oil changes. Check parking brake has been on the dash for over a year, even through an nct and new brakes. Nothing wrong really, just an electronic fault. Otherwise its been a case of anti stereotypes. Renault scenic , you old piece of **** you ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

blastman wrote: »
    Guys, it looks as though my bangernomics BMW has developed issues that are not economically viable to repair, so after nearly five years (!) relatively trouble-free motoring for €1600, I'm on the lookout for something to replace it. Any recommendations on what would be a good replacement for an E46 320i for in and around Bangernomics money (willing to go slightly over the redline for the right car)?

There seems to be a few of them still knocking about. I'd imagine it'll be a chore to find a decent one though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Someone looking for a work horse to tie them over for the summer. Has 4 months tax left on it and NCT until next January for 500 lids:

ZGEzMTZmMzQxN2EzODdlMmEzNDAxNGZhMTNlOWFmYjclORinnG4dZZY93ME2N_oQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185OTA2NTY5Nnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-octavia-1-9-tdi-with-tax-amp-nct/18511897

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement