Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Very clean car with grate space

Y2VlMWExODEyNzFiYjYwZjBlYjY4ZDk2NzBjMjdkZjKm7Cpq7EaCBZlHCxZkCW6VaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDI3MTEzNjZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

YzA3MWExMjYzNTJiNGZhYTJjNmZiNWU1NzI1MzY5NWb3I6Fy0_eqBcOnH4ktIv4caHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDI3MTEzNjV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

maybe just maybe you should have cleaned it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Joeface wrote: »
    is this Bangernomics https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-mondeo-07-full-test/18961916

or Crapernomics . honestly dont know enough about Mondeo's to decide. 1 year NCT

It is what it is - an 11 year old, under-engined Mondeo. Grand for tooling about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

perfect car for school run / shopping / train station / occasional use etc they would go forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

AS an 07 Civic owner, that’s not happy reading!

Them gold wheels though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

So what's the overall reliability in a 10-12 year old Civic like?

As good as the older ones?

Insurance any higher than a Focus or Golf?

Any ideas on fuel consumption?

Will probably change the car this summer and am looking for a few alternatives. Alfa 159 also on the provisional list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

That civic is a steal if legit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

colm_mcm wrote: »

Them gold wheels though.

Sorry Colm !

Wheels are horrendous..
    Would need to factor in a new set !

jharr100 wrote: »
    Sorry Colm !

Wheels are horrendous..
    Would need to factor in a new set !

Just paint them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Greybottle wrote: »

Will probably change the car this summer and am looking for a few alternatives. Alfa 159 also on the provisional list.
    They are very good in terms of reliability but I wouldn't go as far as to say they are as good as the older civics(ek/ej) because they were virtually indestructible but as far as modern cars go there isn't much to touch them.

Fuel economy is good enough on the 1.8, you will see 40-45mpg

Insurance is going to be different for every one.

These cars are nicer than the same era focus or golf though.

Don't know why you are considering an alfa if reliability is a concern :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

That civic is a steal if legit

it looks a bit rough tbh. It would be better to spend a bit extra for a decent example if a buyer was planning on keeping it for awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

JohnBoy26 wrote: »

Don't know why you are considering an alfa if reliability is a concern :p

I like a nice car and I like the look of the Civic. I only drive in Ireland at weekends as I take the Luas almost every day for work, so when I do go somewhere I like a car that looks good to me, or is interesting to me in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Rock solid reliability. Havent had a single issue with my one. Had more trouble with my EKs but nothing major with any civic I've owned.
    Mpg would be 35 around town, 40+ on motorway. Highest I got was 47, overall average with a mix of town and motorway over the last 10k miles is 38mpg

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    it looks a bit rough tbh. It would be better to spend a bit extra for a decent example if a buyer was planning on keeping it for awhile.

For this thread it's a steal imo,true bangerenomics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

colm_mcm wrote:
    Main drawback with the 5 is the middle seat, which is very small.

Thank you all very much.

Would you consider the Mazda 5 engine to be reliable? The FIL has heard from someone that the engine gives in at a specific amount of mileage but being completely honest, I don't really trust his source. But I would like to know what I can say to my FIL regarding this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-estate-1-4-xli-irish-car-/18972427

YzUyMzMxMTBlYmMxNjg0NDkyOGM1OWU3NTU0MWExMmUcJB1WiFAosKHX1Ur70Pc7aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDI3OTQ0MDZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Toyota Corolla Estate. 1.4xli petrol.

163,000 miles.

NCT'd to April 2019.

Very good condition for it's age, inside and out.

Qualifies for Classic Insurance.

Only two previous owners and is a genuine Irish car from new.

I like that corolla a lot.

The owner is off his trolley though, I can't see it making that money unless it had cut springs and superlites, i'd also say classic insurance is a no go.

I know it's not really the point but this one is 10 years newer, lower mileage and has a years NCT starting at €100 less.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-estate-petrol-silver-1-6/18838246

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Thank you all very much.

Would you consider the Mazda 5 engine to be reliable? The FIL has heard from someone that the engine gives in at a specific amount of mileage but being completely honest, I don't really trust his source. But I would like to know what I can say to my FIL regarding this point.

Maybe it's the Mazda diesel engine he heard about?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I reckon they’re probably the most reliable car you can get for that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

colm_mcm wrote: »

Them gold wheels though.

It's being up about a fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Low mileage 2007 C-Max ethanol. NCT and tax until Aug/Sept - €1,350

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-ford-c-max-zetec-facelift-60k-only-nct2019/18866784

I quite like this, would make a great runaround for the summer. Seems a bit cheap...

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

I like that corolla a lot.

The owner is off his trolley though, I can't see it making that money unless it had cut springs and superlites, i'd also say classic insurance is a no go.

I know it's not really the point but this one is 10 years newer, lower mileage and has a years NCT starting at €100 less.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-estate-petrol-silver-1-6/18838246

I’d still prefer to have the 97 Corolla than the 06 one :pac:

But they are mad with that price. I sold my 93 saloon one for half that price, and it had less mileage and longer NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Murt102 wrote: »
    I’d still prefer to have the 97 Corolla than the 06 one :pac:

But they are mad with that price. I sold my 93 saloon one for half that price, and it had less mileage and longer NCT.

Sold my 97 for 250 a year ago. Couldn't give it away. Wanted to keep it as it wasn't worth selling for the price. Had no space so had to take any offer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

W123-80's wrote: »
    '02 Golf estate
    Test October '18
    130k miles
    Looks a genuine car and advert
    Asking €1,100

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-golf-estate-1-9tdi-price-drop/18023519

Down to €950 now.
    I reckon around €800 would take that car away at this point.
    Honest looking motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,038 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

elperello wrote: »

Genuine but 18 years old! For €900 I'd be expecting something a little newer that insurance companies wouldn't hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Genuine but 18 years old! For €900 I'd be expecting something a little newer that insurance companies wouldn't hate.

For sure, I have a 2002 with 70k miles wouldn't even get €200

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

elperello wrote: »

A Primera listed under "vintage cars" - Donedeal should have self-destructed when that ad was placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Gravelly wrote: »
    A Primera listed under "vintage cars" - Donedeal should have self-destructed when that ad was placed.

The bit about "future classic" in the ad did raise a smile. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

W123-80's wrote: »
    Down to €950 now.
    I reckon around €800 would take that car away at this point.
    Honest looking motor.

800? its clean but anything special about it? Im curious as I dont think my 01 octavia is worth similar with less miles, this has a ding over the back left arch, Im all for older cars and Id think it is worth it to drive them on and have a nice clean car with low miles and nice spec, but the annual routine of trying to get insurance quotes from anyone but my current insurer is starting to get annoying, means I have limited options and no chance of getting a reduction off my current insurer. I think its a shame,Insurance companies are having none of it over 15 years and its putting perfectly good cars off the road but it must drive the price down. Id be happy to keep motoring in something nice (and cheap) but older.

Same for this, not sure its an achievable price, (I think Id pay it, but just dont think that many would), just with insurers, they are pushing any value down, good for the buyer (if they can get insurance on it though).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement