Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Figures are wrong on donedeal, but not far off.

It’s 1700kg, which is around the same as my jag was, but despite the S Type having a few less bhp and being normally aspirated - was faster. I guess aerodynamics come into it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

pippip wrote: »
    I know its a biggish car but is 0-60 @ 8seconds seem slightly disappointing for 256bhp

Think they are about 7.5s to 100 which in a car like that isn't too bad.
    A decent remap should see that come down a tad but still I'd say you'd surprise quite a few high end cars with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There must be some car you could just stick the whole drivetrain into.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

bear1 wrote: »
    Think they are about 7.5s to 100 which in a car like that isn't too bad.
    A decent remap should see that come down a tad but still I'd say you'd surprise quite a few high end cars with that.

8.2 seconds in 260 PS guise. As a reference, the 173 PS diesel did give it 0-100 km/h acceleration in 11.3 s...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

On the lookout for a Bangernomics mid size estate ..

What are these like in petrol 1.8? I think I'd regret getting a 1.6 hdi ..or even 2.0D
    Also considering Saab or Avensis estates..

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-volvo-v50-1-8/18984619

YTYxMDcyZDhkMzFjZmNlNzg1NzRhMjI2NTM0YzIxM2VNbOmHICBDhOa-zLmDnFBEaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDI5MDI0MDN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

pippip wrote: »
    I know its a biggish car but is 0-60 @ 8seconds seem slightly disappointing for 256bhp
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Figures are wrong on donedeal, but not far off.

It’s 1700kg, which is around the same as my jag was, but despite the S Type having a few less bhp and being normally aspirated - was faster. I guess aerodynamics come into it

I presume that was an S type going by the weight?
    I had a manual s type jag there for a while, some animal of a machine to go, I tell you what. Kick the tail out in second even in the dry. I had the 3.0 v6 in blue - but I can only imagine it would be better again with the rarer v8.

People always seem to espouse the greatness of the mazda mps here but I don't get it. The RX8 is a cool niche car even though it's not particularly fast. But the MPS is just an FWD saloon with a warm level of performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

ELM327 wrote: »
    The RX8 is a cool niche car even though it's not particularly fast.

And will kill your wallet in maintenance. Don't see the attraction of them nowadays.

ELM327 wrote: »
    People always seem to espouse the greatness of the mazda mps here but I don't get it. The RX8 is a cool niche car even though it's not particularly fast. But the MPS is just an FWD saloon with a warm level of performance.

Mazda 6 MPS was AWD... The Mazda 3 MPS was only FWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

And will kill your wallet in maintenance. Don't see the attraction of them nowadays.

Because rotary

• Advertisement

I still see it :)

I'll happily stand corrected, I will, but all jap is scrap in my book! No interest at all and never had.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I'll happily stand corrected, I will, but all jap is scrap in my book! No interest at all and never had.

More scrap for me :p I could say the same for BMW, for a car I always wanted I was left disappointed! :(

The opinion/google spouter might berate you with the same old convoluted horsesh*t though, be weary

More scrap for me :p I could say the same for BMW, for a car I always wanted I was left disappointed! :(

The opinion/google spouter might berate you with the same old convoluted horsesh*t though, be weary

I love BMW but also Volvo. Couldnt like two more different marques but they both tick two very different boxes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

As much as I like bmw and the few I've own haven't come close to the reliability of the jap cars I've had. As for the BMW I have now its just constant problem after problem

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-passat-new-nct/19116469

07 Pass it, 1.9 turf burner.

Belt and pump done, apparently. €1100

I'm looking for a halfway decent yoke for as close to a grand (or less) preferably in the northern half of the country.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-passat-new-nct/19116469

07 Pass it, 1.9 turf burner.

Belt and pump done, apparently. €1100

I'm looking for a halfway decent yoke for as close to a grand (or less) preferably in the northern half of the country.

It looks very tired. Plus I might be wrong - but isn't that the BXE engine?

I would rather look for an older Passat B5, might be in Skoda Superb guise...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I used to see one around Meath all the time, a red one, it was sold on donedeal (recognised the "personalised" plate) and the chap had it running on LPG :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Disclaimer; Its my car

'96 C200 Auto
    I am the second owner
    NCT May 2019
    151k kms
    Asking €1,000
    Originally an Australian car, imported into Ireland in 2001 by the chap I bought it off in 2016! He bought it brand new in Sydney. I have a copy of the sales invoice!
    The low miles are genuine and verifiable by a full service history and a rake of receipts.
    The car not immaculate. There are plenty of marks on the body, but it has no rust issues and mechanically it drives beautifully.
    I think its priced fairly for what it is. Obviously I am open to offers though!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1996-mercedes-c200/19153079

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That looks lovely. I’ve said it loads of times before, it’s very hard to find a decent C or E Class of that vintage. A good example is surely a very nice buy and a safe buy too. Values of old Mercs only really go one way if tidy

• Advertisement

That looks lovely. I’ve said it loads of times before, it’s very hard to find a decent C or E Class of that vintage. A good example is surely a very nice buy and a safe buy too. Values of old Mercs only really go one way if tidy

Thanks,
    To be fair the C class is not as desirable as the W124 E class, but I have to say it's a really lovely car.

Reg hide fail :P

Reg hide fail :P

Lol!
    Pretty poor attempt alright.
    Wasnt my intention to hide the reg to be honest. I was messing about with that photo and I saved it with the reg scribbled out and lost the original somehow.

I'd update the spec part to show the correct nct, it's down as may 2017 which would put a lot of people off.

I'd update the spec part to show the correct nct, it's down as may 2017 which would put a lot of people off.

Thanks!
    Hadn't noticed that. I've just emailed donedeal to update. It pulls in the info, I can't change it.
    I've had 195 views in 4 hours and no calls, maybe that put a few potential callers off.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

W123-80's wrote: »
    Thanks!
    Hadn't noticed that. I've just emailed donedeal to update. It pulls in the info, I can't change it.
    I've had 195 views in 4 hours and no calls, maybe that put a few potential callers off.

They were all from one board member on here..... They really like your car...... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

W123-80's wrote: »
    Disclaimer; Its my car

'96 C200 Auto
    I am the second owner
    NCT May 2019
    151k kms
    Asking €1,000
    Originally an Australian car, imported into Ireland in 2001 by the chap I bought it off in 2016! He bought it brand new in Sydney. I have a copy of the sales invoice!
    The low miles are genuine and verifiable by a full service history and a rake of receipts.
    The car not immaculate. There are plenty of marks on the body, but it has no rust issues and mechanically it drives beautifully.
    I think its priced fairly for what it is. Obviously I am open to offers though!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1996-mercedes-c200/19153079

I’d love that... something to play my tapes in!!
    Seriously it’s s disgrace that these are being put off the road by the tax and insurance system. I’d much prefer to be in that than 90% of cars out there.

The fact it has aircon probably puts it in the rarity box too :D

martyc5674 wrote: »
    I’d love that... something to play my tapes in!!
    Seriously it’s s disgrace that these are being put off the road by the tax and insurance system. I’d much prefer to be in that than 90% of cars out there.

Sustainable music and motoring ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Superficial rust on the arches...........hmmm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement