Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

bear1 wrote: »
    The fact it has aircon probably puts it in the rarity box too :D

It does not have one. Air con is not rarity for merc tbh. :)

Edit : There is ac on board actually.

More manual than automatic, though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Superficial rust on the arches...........hmmm

Yup.
    Just paint flaking mostly. Still 100% solid.
    Was garaged it's entire life until I bought it in 2016.
    That's easy for me to say though. Hopefully someone comes to look at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭noelf

W123-80's wrote: »
    Disclaimer; Its my car

'96 C200 Auto
    I am the second owner
    NCT May 2019
    151k kms
    Asking €1,000
    Originally an Australian car, imported into Ireland in 2001 by the chap I bought it off in 2016! He bought it brand new in Sydney. I have a copy of the sales invoice!
    The low miles are genuine and verifiable by a full service history and a rake of receipts.
    The car not immaculate. There are plenty of marks on the body, but it has no rust issues and mechanically it drives beautifully.
    I think its priced fairly for what it is. Obviously I am open to offers though!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1996-mercedes-c200/19153079

Here’s one I saw online in the Country Garage Maynooth .. also a ‘96 with 97 k miles petrol auto NCT till August 2019 @ €1950 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

wonski wrote: »
    It does not have one. Air con is not rarity for merc tbh. :)

Edit : There is ac on board actually.

More manual than automatic, though....

For a 96 Merc sold in Ireland I bet it is :D ac is the manual one, climate control is auto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

noelf wrote: »
    Here’s one I saw online in the Country Garage Maynooth .. also a ‘96 with 97 k miles petrol auto NCT till August 2019 @ €1950 ..

That looks lovely. I don't think the 8 hole alloys are original on the w202. Maybe on a Singapore model? I think they look well on it.
    The bodywork looks lovely on that one. I guess coming from a garage with a warranty it's worth that bit more than mine. The price is strong, but splitting hairs really at that end of the market.
    There are lots of very rough C class mercs looking for 7 and 800 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

The E24, I think, in the background looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Get a quote first before buying it, it's a Japanese import which insurance companies piss themselves over.

Get a quote first before buying it, it's a Japanese import which insurance companies piss themselves over.

Just been on to them and no extra charge,which i thought strange,maybe because I'm old lol,

Any other insights to the car itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

no it's not an insight it's a jazz/fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

The E24, I think, in the background looks nice.

E23 I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Hi guys,
    This is mine - we have had it for 4 years - open to any reasonable offers. Just looking to change to something a bit newer.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volvo-v70/19121346

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

no it's not an insight it's a jazz/fit

I see what you did there....

claiva wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    This is mine - we have had it for 4 years - open to any reasonable offers. Just looking to change to something a bit newer.

God they are massive.

wiz569 wrote: »

Ok so went and had a look, drives well, no obvious problems regarding engine or gearbox, steering wheel is off center (facing about 1 o'clock) and ignition barrel has been changed so uses two keys,one to open and one for starting.

Not sure what to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Ok so went and had a look, drives well, no obvious problems regarding engine or gearbox, steering wheel is off center (facing about 1 o'clock) and ignition barrel has been changed so uses two keys,one to open and one for starting.

Not sure what to do now.

Ask to have the door barrels replaced as well... ?

Did you ask why the ignition barrel was changed?

Did you ask why the ignition barrel was changed?

Yep some lads tried to rob it apparently, no damage that I can see,he may of even bought it that way for all I know,I suppose i can get used to using two keys.

Personally I'd probably move on to something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Plenty more of them around surely. Keep looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Theft of Japanese imports like that Fit and Yaris' etc are extremely common in Dublin now and have been for a little while now. I wouldn't touch one for that reason alone, especially if you live around North City Dublin

Theft of Japanese imports like that Fit and Yaris' etc are extremely common in Dublin now and have been for a little while now. I wouldn't touch one for that reason alone, especially if you live around North City Dublin

Almost as bad I'm in Tallaght :)

I'm not stuck on a fit/jazz as such it just matched my criteria tbh,

Sorry for going off topic but it does fit the bangernomics criteria as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

claiva wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Good luck with it nice honestly written ad, if it was a manual box I would have jumped on it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Where have the filter options on DoneDealio gone?

Where have the filter options on DoneDealio gone?

Still there for me m8 on the lefthand side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

All I can see is Location, Price, Seller Type and For Sale/Wanted. Should be fuel, body style and possibly something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

They're all there for me

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

All I can see is Location, Price, Seller Type and For Sale/Wanted. Should be fuel, body style and possibly something else.

You’re probably in the wrong section.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Yep some lads tried to rob it apparently, no damage that I can see,he may of even bought it that way for all I know,I suppose i can get used to using two keys.

I can see the front bumper, bonnet and drivers side front wing have been resprayed. I'd run tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I can see the front bumper, bonnet and drivers side front wing have been resprayed. I'd run tbh

I don't think they have tbh. It's just the way the sun is shining on it. I still wouldn't go for that car though because being an import and because of it's age insurance could be difficult.

I'd go for a high spec jazz instead with preferably a fsh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement