Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Was thinking the same, it looks like one. Especially if you zoom in towards the handle on the side.
    The passenger seats is identical though so it's very hard to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That's definitely just a cheap seat cover on that Avensis?

It definitely looks like a cheap seat cover and a badly fitted one at that. it doesnt have the line of stitching halfway down the seat that the real seat has.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/car/19182881

If economy and cheap running costs are the main aim you'd be potentially better off with something like this.

Love covering the reg in the pic.....then there it is in the tax and insurance pic:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

BOBIDGE wrote: »
    Thanks all

So - avoid or consider? Need something ASAP. Moving from a 2.0t SAAB 9-5 so anything will be more economical! I need reliability over any type of looks........hence the Toyota!

Would you consider 9-3 Saab 1.9 TiD? Very economical, reliable and good few around at decent price.

Or are you looking for a change from Saab?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

racso1975 wrote: »
    Love covering the reg in the pic.....then there it is in the tax and insurance pic:D:D:D

That's actually a very clever way to do it.

Someone looking to clone the plate will simply move to next add, genuine buyer will still.be able to run the checks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BOBIDGE

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    Would you consider 9-3 Saab 1.9 TiD? Very economical, reliable and good few around at decent price.

Or are you looking for a change from Saab?

Throttle body is going on the 2007 Saab 9-5, making it virtually worthless. Lovely car, just severely underestimated its thirst! Love the car though.

I'm going to go for economy for the next year, driving 20,000+ miles on average. Looked at the Toyota today. A nice car - very short NCT but felt solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It definitely looks like a cheap seat cover and a badly fitted one at that. it doesnt have the line of stitching halfway down the seat that the real seat has.

It does yeah, it’s just further towards the front now. Those seats go all shiney when they get dirty, run your fingernail along them and they go white. Yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It does yeah, it’s just further towards the front now. Those seats go all shiney when they get dirty, run your fingernail along them and they go white. Yuck.

that looks more like a crease to me.

You can even make out the long plastic clip where the cover would clip into the seat base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Will the Suzuki be good for commutes? Return journey on motorway 250km x 3 days. It will be a 2nd car so need something small and cheap to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

colm_mcm wrote: »

Very short test tbh, especially that the last one was done in Oct 2016 and had 105000 km on the clock. Now just 70k miles...

I would be careful as it is priced well for quick sale.

Fair point, keep forgetting it’s July already.

Economy wise they should be reasonable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Is that a wee bit of rust I see on the drivers side front wheel arch. Mind you, you could do worse for the money if its just superficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/07-octavia-1-9-tdi-dsg-auto-new-nct-2-19/19182643

Going to have a look at this. Anything to be mindful of?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Think they are supposed to be pretty robust. Shouldn't that model have climate control?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭passatman86

Use every gear + reverse and listen to the changes. Check all windows + door locks work
    Standard checks as well as the ones mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Would that be an actual DSG gearbox in that or a more primitive tiptronic job? If it's a DSG make sure it pulls away cleanly with no juddering and that it's had its oil services on time. Looks clean but does give a bit of an ex taxi vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If the engine code begins with BXE then be aware that the conrods these engines have a habit of throwing themselves through the block. The fact that it made it to 242k miles would suggest it's either not a BXE engine, has been fixed at some point or is a disaster waiting to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Nj_U5_OTg4_YWY5_ZTgy_ODQ4_NDkz_OWJm_ZWMx_MTIy_ZWUx_Ym_Y5u7f_Ywl_Za_Et_NW4k_Gd_Di_Qj.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2003-vw-golf-tdi-1-9-diesel/19205401

very clean and I would presume well minded 2003 mk4 tdi golf.
    Test till January 2019
    Service history including a belt change
    Asking €650

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭laurpat

I know the seller from a previous transaction. He's not the kind to entertain any wagon unless it's clean. Let us know how you get on...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Bought this last month. 2003, 130 bhp, 145k miles, loads of history, 2 owners, years test - €900.

28541347798_47a627cedd_c.jpg

Ticking along nicely now, the dogs love it!

41409774460_e78cc7d1d8_c.jpg

Bangernomics, yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Bought this last month. 2003, 130 bhp, 145k miles, loads of history, 2 owners, years test - €900.

28541347798_47a627cedd_c.jpg

Ticking along nicely now, the dogs love it!

41409774460_e78cc7d1d8_c.jpg

Bangernomics, yeah!

Snap! I paid €99 more for mine and I need a CV joint and possibly a bearing. These yokes are bulletproof though. I also have an A4 Avant that's a bit too scruffy to attract a buyer, yet there's probably 100k left in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

[IMG]https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1736/28541347798_47a627cedd_c.jpgIMG] Ticking along nicely now, the dogs love it![/img][IMG]https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1782/41409774460_e78cc7d1d8_c.jpgIMG] Bangernomics, yeah![/img]

By any chance are you selling those alloys on DoneDeal? :pac: considering them for my A3 but thinking they might be too wide.

Murt102 wrote: »
    By any chance are you selling those alloys on DoneDeal? :pac: considering them for my A3 but thinking they might be too wide.

Hah, I am but they are in ****e. I’m looking for smaller Audi alloys or even steelies

They are very wide even on the A6. My Dad had them (not these exact ones) on an A5 in 2010.

Snap! I paid €99 more for mine and I need a CV joint and possibly a bearing. These yokes are bulletproof though. I also have an A4 Avant that's a bit too scruffy to attract a buyer, yet there's probably 100k left in it!

This is a bit scruffy up close but I like that about it. I only bought it for bringing the dogs out really so don't really care if it picks up any more battle scars!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/suzuki-jimmy-2002/18834520

4x4nomics

Suzuki Jimny

NCT till MAR 2019.

€1200

I like them. Slow as snails but I still like them,

MTc1YzA5MWY3ZmY0OTk5ZGFjZDEzMzcxYjI3Mjk2N2JPNryXV0X4u6dcQeCknnuraHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDE2NjUyMjh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

This is a bit scruffy up close but I like that about it. I only bought it for bringing the dogs out really so don't really care if it picks up any more battle scars!

Spoken like a Bangernomics pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

You can say that again An ri rua

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement