Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

If anything I'd be suspicious of a particularly clean engine bay on a car like that, was it cleaned to remove evidence of some other issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

sunny2012 wrote: »
    Hi all. A long time since I posted here. Still follow the thread however, like so many others. This one looks like a very honest ad to me. Might be a good car for someone here?

1999 Megane. 1 owner. NCT June 2019 €550

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/19259928

I like that! I had the exact same engine in two Renault 19s, never had any issues. They are nice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

sunny2012 wrote: »
    I did see that, but thought it’s a 19year old car and it’s not gonna be perfect. I guess you’re correct, and it could do with a wipe down. It’s the one owner, new tyres and shocks that swung me though.

It's a rot box though. The sill has been patched and their is rust clearly visable on one of the arches

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-citroen-c4-loeb-edition/18826300

M2FiZWJkOGNkZDc4ZTgwMmU2OGM2ZmY3YjY2ZDFhZDC1PLg2Mxs02aT1fnvs4a0BaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDQ5ODQ4NDV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Sporty! NCT 10/19, €1750

If a broken glovebox handle turns out to be the worst of its issues this could be an alright buy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

username?! wrote: »
    Well lads, I'm looking for a 2k banger for a 250km daily commute. The VAG 1.9 TDI is obviously jumping out at me in some form. Must haves would be cruise control and NCT.

I've looked through donedeal but it's a mine field to me.

Any ideas?

start of this year I got a 260km commute, put over 20k km on a 2005 skoda superb 1.9 diesel since. bought it for 890 euro with a full tank of diesel

couldn't go wrong with an a6 with that same engine or something.. or a superb but they could be too cheap for your budget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

jharr100 wrote: »

i was looking forward to seeing a nice 850 estate but it turns out to be a V50. Still nice but no 850.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You’ve seen the price yeah :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-citroen-c4-loeb-edition/18826300

Sporty! NCT 10/19, €1750

If a broken glovebox handle turns out to be the worst of its issues this could be an alright buy

Nice, that Loeb edition is really nice to look at, no idea how they are to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You’ve seen the price yeah :)

:D:D That makes more sense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

wonski wrote: »
    Not really as we can clearly see check engine light. I think this was to show the whole interior including centre console.

I'm talking about the 6th photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

magentis wrote: »
    I'm talking about the 6th photo.

But it can be clearly seen in previous photo, so doubt there was an attempt to try to hide anything at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

https://www.adverts.ie/car/toyota/avensis/2004-toyota-avensis/15803773?notification=dc3a63e34ddaefe4ccd667f7cba3c8bf-1531395009#comment_103096112

Got her sold in the end, 400 was the final outcome. I paid that for her nearly a year ago so I can't really complain. If I didn't already have another car parked off then I'd have kept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

carzony wrote: »
    https://www.adverts.ie/car/toyota/avensis/2004-toyota-avensis/15803773?notification=dc3a63e34ddaefe4ccd667f7cba3c8bf-1531395009#comment_103096112

Got her sold in the end, 400 was the final outcome. I paid that for her nearly a year ago so I can't really complain. If I didn't already have another car parked off then I'd have kept it.

Wow didn't realize they are going so cheap.

Nct on it honestly thought would have got more.

Wow didn't realize they are going so cheap.

Nct on it honestly thought would have got more.

I had it on sale for a week with no calls or texts. It was on Done Deal, Gumtree and eventually Adverts.
    I started to think i'd be stuck with it and just wanted it out the door.
    It was genuinely a great car and was worth more. I got my money back on it after a year worth of driving but I still feel a little shafted:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I remember back in 06 I was looking at the first gen avensis.
    You couldn't get one for less than 2k.
    Paid I think 2.5 for a 98 lift back diesel.

bear1 wrote: »
    I remember back in 06 I was looking at the first gen avensis.
    You couldn't get one for less than 2k.
    Paid I think 2.5 for a 98 lift back diesel.

They really do have a cult following here in Ireland. In fairness they are a good looking motor and nice to drive but a bit too bland after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Didn't think they'd go for so little. The Mk2 is a great car, much better than the models that came before and after. Ours is on 202,000 miles and it's still going strong, the malfunction light came on last month with a code for the catalytic converter, but it's been reset and one month later it hasn't come back on so we'll be holding onto it for another while!

But it can be clearly seen in previous photo, so doubt there was an attempt to try to hide anything at all.

Are you viewing it on a laptop/desktop?
    I assume you are talking about picture 5?
    I'm using the mobile donedeal site and there is no way you can tell it has an eml light on.Its not possible to zoom.I just find it odd the way picture 6 is taken to cut it out.

I see you are in Cork also,those pictures were taken at the service station next to the travel lodge in Frankfield.

Do you know the car yourself by any chance?

Just to finish it if they wanted to hide it they would take a picture with engine off.
    Many cars have this light on and it can be anything big or small. It's a 2k relatively new car. Not going to be perfect.

And no, I don't know the car, don't even live close to Cork ;)

• Advertisement

Didn't think they'd go for so little. The Mk2 is a great car, much better than the models that came before and after. Ours is on 202,000 miles and it's still going strong, the malfunction light came on last month with a code for the catalytic converter, but it's been reset and one month later it hasn't come back on so we'll be holding onto it for another while!

There are many cars that are going for peanuts now due to insurance costs. First time buyers can't touch anything older than 08 really, and those who already have policies usually go few years up so very limited market.

I know someone who just moved out of country and gave his car away for free because even for 250 euro nobody was interested. It was 02 with nct.

Just to finish it if they wanted to hide it they would take a picture with engine off.
    Many cars have this light on and it can be anything big or small. It's a 2k relatively new car. Not going to be perfect.

And no, I don't know the car, don't even live close to Cork ;)

Spot on.I know exactly what you are saying.But I think the eml is deliberately cut out of the 6th picture.Its common apparently for cars with a gas conversion to throw up an eml.

A shame really.You could have difficulty insuring an 05/06 luxobarge that would be an infinitely safer place to be in the event of an accident than say a new dacia sandero.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-romeo-147/19286107

MmExNzczMjQ2MDlmMWYxMmU3MDYwYzE1MjJlNzc1ZTjMp5T7FyYBaqZ7ZyFxKfyQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDUxOTIwNTJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This looks lovely. NCT to 4/19, "taxed", €1250

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'm not saying this in an Alfa basing way but it's around a grand overpriced. They seem like a yoke you can't give away.

It does look smart though being black with the big wheels and leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

I'm not saying this in an Alfa basing way but it's around a grand overpriced. They seem like a yoke you can't give away.

It does look smart though being black with the big wheels and leather.

You honestly think this car should be for sale for €250?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

You honestly think this car should be for sale for €250?

Not really I suppose, but not far off it. Advertise it at €750 to take offers over €500 and it might actually sell though.

Its not that it's not nice, they just seem to hold zero value.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭mr c

I think the last of them in that spec do command more money so price isn't to far off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Put her on the watch list and see how long she takes to sell and if there's any public price drops.

I remember saying here that a cheap tax mk1 octavia below in cork was only worth about €1500 some thought it was worth at least 2 grand. It got a price drop to €1850 and after about a month or so it was marked sold. So I'd bet it went for pretty close to €1500.

It's certainly a buyers market out there at the moment especially for pre 2008 cars. Some fierce bargains to be had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-romeo-147/19286107

MmExNzczMjQ2MDlmMWYxMmU3MDYwYzE1MjJlNzc1ZTjMp5T7FyYBaqZ7ZyFxKfyQaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDUxOTIwNTJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This looks lovely. NCT to 4/19, "taxed", €1250

Three photos. He ****ing killed himself there with effort.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement