Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I had one of those Mondeo ST with 18s and it was a funker for tramlining. Can't imagine how bad the 20s would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That Peugeot is lovely.

...that's something I've never said before. 50k miles too (if legit) nice find. Is that the one with the electric sliding door or am I thinking of a Renault?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No, it’s the one with the electric doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

colm_mcm wrote: »

Discount on 16s.

That seller always seems to have a good stock of decent cars for very reasonable prices.

16s would look gash on an ST. They’d want to be 18s or 17 at a push.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Says the mondeo has heated seats but from what I can see it doesn't?
    Still a lovely looking car though.
    That vw would have the arl 150 engine too.. which are pretty damn quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭selectamatic

bear1 wrote: »
    That vw would have the arl 150 engine too.. which are pretty damn quick.

Na the asz 130bhp tdi (arguably a better engine than the arl) is the most powerful tdi engine they got in that particular model. The 2004 facelifts got some sort of a 150bhp tdi engine but it wasn't an arl either think it was something similar to the late model mk3 ibiza cupra tdi engine.

Still though that sharan is a great find especially since its gotten a fairly new clutch and flywheel.

It'd make a fine van conversion if a man could insure it, they've a plated towing capacity of 2000kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

That Peugeot is lovely.

...that's something I've never said before. 50k miles too (if legit) nice find. Is that the one with the electric sliding door or am I thinking of a Renault?
    And whoosh she's gone :-) ... dunno how they did it but that little car is indeed lovely and still contemporary looking. Better looking that this 30 K Aston Martin for sure

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/aston-martin/cygnet/used-2012-aston-martin-cygnet-ful-dublin-fpa-61190195257077

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Picked up the octavia estate with the 'turbo issue' yesterday drove like a granny till I got home and gave it a service. Car had done 60k on the same fuel filter, the air filter was covered in dust, so changed them and the oil and oil filter and took it out for a spirited drive and it never went into limp mode. There's no whine or random power loss so far so I'd say it was a red herring. turbo diesel loveliness. The car is very comfortable, very clean inside and quiet on the road, the mpg reading is 63mpg and even allowing for 10% error that's fairly impressive. No complaints thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Picked up the octavia estate with the 'turbo issue' yesterday drove like a granny till I got home and gave it a service. Car had done 60k on the same fuel filter, the air filter was covered in dust, so changed them and the oil and oil filter and took it out for a spirited drive and it never went into limp mode. There's no whine or random power loss so far so I'd say it was a red herring. turbo diesel loveliness. The car is very comfortable, very clean inside and quiet on the road, the mpg reading is 63mpg and even allowing for 10% error that's fairly impressive. No complaints thus far.

Best of luck with the new motor, sounds like a super buy.!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I really like pluriels..
    But the colour is hideous... And why would you show it without taking the roof off.?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Markcheese wrote: »
    I really like pluriels..
    But the colour is hideous... And why would you show it without taking the roof off.?

I think the colour is one of those definitive colours you’d want to have on a particular car.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-308/19364595

Interesting one. 1.6 4 speed auto 308. Still manages €390 tax on emissions.

When you check the reg on motortax.ie though it comes up as being taxed as a 1.6 (€514 per year)

Here’s a much better Frenchie, a really honest looking 406

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-406-2-0hdi-4-door/19369609

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

colm_mcm wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-308/19364595

Interesting one. 1.6 4 speed auto 308. Still manages €390 tax on emissions.

When you check the reg on motortax.ie though it comes up as being taxed as a 1.6 (€514 per year)

He needs to brush up on his English....

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭donalh087

He needs to brush up on his English....

She (Nehad is a girls name).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/04-msport-318i-convertible-nct-3-19-tax-9-18/19375067

YzEyMmU5OWZiNTBjN2E0NWNhZmQwZjYxNTEyZjkwYjZks3VyKAbSvqNYxO88zgZiaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDU4NjE5Mjh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Tax to September, NCT to next March, looks good, €1900

Maybe the weather might even pick up..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

them 318 e46 dont have enough poke to offset the high runnign costs, test drove the 318ci's not long ago and was very dissapointed.

Yeah they really aren't great. I have one here at the minute and its dead compared to a 1.8t A4 convertible I had a few weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Well here is my own Saab. Immaculate condition with tax until the end of September. Open to reasonable offers on it. I know it's just over the 2k bangernomics threshold..

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-saab-9-3-aero-210bhp/19386700

That won't hang around long I bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I suppose it's a cheap small car the reg it has. Photos are good but it actually looks fairly hockied the closer you look.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I suppose it's a cheap small car the reg it has. Photos are good but it actually looks fairly hockied the closer you look.

That's the cleanest that car has ever been and ever will be. Looks like it was so awful before they spent the time polishing it to within an inch of its life to flip it for a profit or make something totally unsaleable into something that will sell

They would have done better to price it highly with a story about it being a well loved car that is now un-needed because they won a new little car on winning streak then take offers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Notch000 wrote: »
    them 318 e46 dont have enough poke to offset the high runnign costs, test drove the 318ci's not long ago and was very dissapointed.

I'm only after getting rid of a 316 e46 due to an engine oil issue. Aside of that, I've found the 1.8 engine quite responsive and it wasn't breaking the bank. Was their an issue with the 2l engine or the coupes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I wonder is it being sold by the nomads who live at the entrance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Rarely seen climate control in them.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-toyota-corolla/18901067

YWM4Zjk5ZmEyZTdjYmQ2MDdkYzQwNmEwOTliZGQxYThd5I0UkmEVxm3Jj10kkNJZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDIxODA3Nzd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Test until 01.19, 2100 notes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement