Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I wonder is it being sold by the nomads who live at the entrance?

In that case it's probably knackered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Those corollas are still going for fairly strong money.

carzony wrote: »
    Those corollas are still going for fairly strong money.

I've been trying to buy my mates one for nearly 10 years since he went to Australia, hes got the Japanese FX-GT version. I could have had it a few years ago if I pushed to 2k... Looking at the prices they make now I can forget about it. I HATE cars collecting dust in sheds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

This sounds like its a tidy little gem. Same owner for years, low miles, new NCT: €650

ZjA4NDJhNWU4ZWUxYmE5NmVhOGQwNjUzOTRjODAzZTA_TnXxaM0u2arjdrJPkQ4VaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDU3NTg4MjB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Deep down I really like the 206, 3dr with those wheels looks cool too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Wasnt there a rare 1.4 HDI version of those? I imagine they would be a quite sought after yoke these days.
    I've quite the lust for non renault french cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

ELM327 wrote: »
    Wasnt there a rare 1.4 HDI version of those? I imagine they would be a quite sought after yoke these days.
    I've quite the lust for non renault french cars.

Not as rare as you might think.

The biggest problems with the 206 is that they chew through read axle bushes at an alarming rate. And to replace the bushing you need to replace the full axle. Nearly impossible to find any in a scrappy's now due to the frequency of it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Quazzie wrote: »

The biggest problems with the 206 is that they chew through read axle bushes at an alarming rate. And to replace the bushing you need to replace the full axle. Nearly impossible to find any in a scrappy's now due to the frequency of it

You can refurbish it no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Always found the pedals in them too close together and I certainly don't have big feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭jiltloop

bazz26 wrote: »
    Always found the pedals in them too close together and I certainly don't have big feet.

X100! I have big size 14 feet and they're virtually impossible for me to drive! Feet keep getting caught underneath the adjacent pedals.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »

Anything over a size 9 and you'll feel the knuckle of the steering wheel if you're turning under acceleration.

Refurbed axles (on an exchange basis) have been available for a good while - around 400e fitted. Not that it would be an immediate issue here.

Refurbed axles (on an exchange basis) have been available for a good while - around 400e fitted. Not that it would be an immediate issue here.

For a lot of 206s that makes them an economic write off tho. Why spend €400 + labour to repair them when you can buy one like above for €650

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

For a lot of 206s that makes them an economic write off tho. Why spend €400 + labour to repair them when you can buy one like above for €650

And not be certain how long the axle will last? Nonsense...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

When I was in college 10 odd years ago, a 206 was driven by most girls. That or a polo. They are getting uncommon on the road nowadays.

Needing a new set of tyres could make a lot of the cars on here an economic write off. But you fix what you think is worth fixing, or scrap and move on. Thats the bangernomics way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

When I was in college 10 odd years ago, a 206 was driven by most girls. That or a polo. They are getting uncommon on the road nowadays.

Every young wan now wants a Golf. Don't understand it

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Every young wan now wants a Golf. Don't understand it

Superminis these days are not nearly as desirable as they were back in the day. They’re mainly just lardy miniature versions of the segment above.

I'm selling my own bangernomics now. 01 Bora 1.4 120k miles, nct 04/19. Will take 200 notes for it. Ad to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1-4-16v-sporting-grande/19397498

NmVlZDEyY2U3M2U5NjRkZTc2ODJlNjFjMjRmM2VhMDb4fxjMIIIgHd-6Ohk83bQIaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDYwMzQ1NDV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This looks good. 16v Sporting Punto with NCT to 5/19, €1650

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Aircon as well which a load of them don't have.
    That's what 90odd bhp?
    We've one but the 130 version, never ever gave an ounce of issues and it has the infamous chocolate gearbox which seems to be hanging on.
    I've jinxed it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

joujoujou wrote: »
    Rarely seen climate control in them.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-toyota-corolla/18901067

YWM4Zjk5ZmEyZTdjYmQ2MDdkYzQwNmEwOTliZGQxYThd5I0UkmEVxm3Jj10kkNJZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDIxODA3Nzd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Test until 01.19, 2100 notes.
    Climate control was standard on the 06 luna model.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

grogi wrote: »
    And not be certain how long the axle will last? Nonsense...

If the axle is good the bearings can be greased which will prevent further wear. Had peugeot greased them properly at the factory there would be no issues with worn axles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Climate control was standard on the 06 luna model.
    And how many lunas were sold here? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

joujoujou wrote: »
    And how many lunas were sold here? :p

Loads in 2006 (which is the only year model they had climate)

They weren’t even especially cheap or anything, just that they were well equipped and had the lip kit from the Strata model.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

They're rarely seen anyway. Vast majority are bog spec terra on steelies. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    If the axle is good the bearings can be greased which will prevent further wear. Had peugeot greased them properly at the factory there would be no issues with worn axles.

Still the same subtle digs all these years later. Record will never change

Top tip: chips go in your mouth, not your shoulder :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Still the same subtle digs all these years later. Record will never change

Top tip: chips go in your mouth, not your shoulder :)

How did you remember that??:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That's the Luna model which was a run out model before it was replaced by the Auris.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement