Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Colour Collection, UK import. Nice find, by the way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 up3mxn8s9l4fr2

I was flirting with various newer car options but have decided to hold off. Looking for a 1.6-2L diesel commuter for the next 6months currently doing 600km a week due to rise to 900km in next few months.
    Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

2.0l Volvo S40 or S60. I do similiar miles and would be slow to consider anything other than a volvo for comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭selectamatic

I was flirting with various newer car options but have decided to hold off. Looking for a 1.6-2L diesel commuter for the next 6months currently doing 600km a week due to rise to 900km in next few months.
    Thoughts?

Yj_Az_M2_Zm_N2_Y0_NTgy_NWM4_YWE0_NTY5_Nz_Y4_YTBh_ZWY4_ODMXk_O1ejio_TLql_F4b3kg_CGr.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-octavia-1-9tdi-2007/18915624

Low owner Irish 2007 mk1 tdi octavia
    Looks very clean and genuine
    Asking €1600 but up a good long time and little interest so plenty of room for haggling. Short test too so again more ammo for a haggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

get a skoda superb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bear1 wrote: »

That’s missing a side skirt, front fogs seem to be missing too and rear bumper seems to have been resprayed and paint is flaking off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Still the same subtle digs all these years later. Record will never change

Top tip: chips go in your mouth, not your shoulder :)

Jeez, have you been saving that one for 5 years. Pot, kettle ……… ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

Quazzie wrote: »
    Not as rare as you might think.

The biggest problems with the 206 is that they chew through read axle bushes at an alarming rate. And to replace the bushing you need to replace the full axle. Nearly impossible to find any in a scrappy's now due to the frequency of it

Didnt old 405s carry on with that nonsense too? Peugeots....who,d be arsed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

joujoujou wrote: »
    They're rarely seen anyway. Vast majority are bog spec terra on steelies. :cool:

Actually as colm says lots were sold. They are quiet plentiful here even to this day even though they were only out for a year before the auris took over.

• Advertisement

I reckon around a quarter of the Corollas I sold in 06 were Luna hatches. That’s a good chunk when you take saloons into account, which were a very good seller in base trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That’s missing a side skirt, front fogs seem to be missing too and rear bumper seems to have been resprayed and paint is flaking off.

So.. You're saying it's Irish spec :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

So.. You're saying it's Irish spec :)

A set of part-worn ditchfinders ftw.... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭almostover

Shameless plug but I'm selling my mother's old car. Used to be mine before her. It's far from perfect but I've been honest in the advert. Plenty tax and NCT so ready to drive away.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-vauxhall-vectra-sri-1-9-cdti-11-months-tax/19411717

Those have the infamous m32 gearbox right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭almostover

Those have the infamous m32 gearbox right?

Yup, no issues so far. Don't think my mother even uses 6th..... ;)

Accord diesel on cheap tax, lots of test
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord/19412171

And it has the revised chain set up so won't be as unreliable as the previous version.

When did they get that?

When did they get that?

Once the facelift came out so around 06 I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

What’s the 2.2 like on diesel

GY A1 wrote: »
    What’s the 2.2 like on diesel

Quite good to be honest. I had an 04 and would usually get 800 from a tank.

Once the facelift came out so around 06 I believe.

Are you talking about the facelift in 2008 when they changed to the i-DTEC engine, or was there an earlier revision as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That model Accord got a subtle facelift in 2006 before being replaced by the newer model with the iDTEC engine in 2008.

Are you talking about the facelift in 2008 when they changed to the i-DTEC engine, or was there an earlier revision as well?

No that was the 2nd gen which used the same set up but with a different map.
    In 06 they had a minor facelift but they were able to modify the chain set up which kept failing on the 1st gen model from 04.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

almostover wrote: »
    Shameless plug but I'm selling my mother's old car. Used to be mine before her. It's far from perfect but I've been honest in the advert. Plenty tax and NCT so ready to drive away.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-vauxhall-vectra-sri-1-9-cdti-11-months-tax/19411717

A hell of a price for 12 months tax, should definitely sell best 9f luck

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis-estate-fsh-new-nct-1-owner/19410905?campaign=3

ZGZmYTUzZWJmMjhjMWNiZmNiNDEzZmE0ZDZiM2EwNWMSijAbzexcn4kkT0UwOyKAaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDYxMjU4MTh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1 owner Irish 1.8 estate, full history, NCT to 9/19 apparently, €999

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis-estate-fsh-new-nct-1-owner/19410905?campaign=3

ZGZmYTUzZWJmMjhjMWNiZmNiNDEzZmE0ZDZiM2EwNWMSijAbzexcn4kkT0UwOyKAaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDYxMjU4MTh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1 owner Irish 1.8 estate, full history, NCT to 9/19 apparently, €999

My gf's 03 Megane seems to have given up the ghost today, electrics look to have gone haywire! 5 hours driving back from kerry yesterday, and a lot of driving in the Kingdom over the last two weeks has probably been too much for it.
    I've an 04 Audi A3 1.6 petrol, passed 200k km coming back from kerry yesterday but shes fairly solid. Thinking of giving that to her and going down the bangernomics route, so will be following this thread now! That Avenis looks nice aside from the high tax, I've wanted an estate for a while to accomodate our two dogs so that would tempt me. Any with more car knowledge than me got any opinions on it? Is it worth looking at? Things to look out for etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

We have a few regular Toyota heads who’ll no doubt be along soon. I think the 1.8 is rare enough in an original Irish Avensis

• Advertisement

We have a few regular Toyota heads who’ll no doubt be along soon. I think the 1.8 is rare enough in an original Irish Avensis

It was the only petrol option on the estate, which only came in Aura spec base trim in Ireland. You’d see a good few 1.8 Luna saloons and liftbacks, and a small number of 1.8 Aura liftbacks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement