Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mini-cooper-s/19590331

Great thread, only just discovered it!

Mini Cooper S, NCT 02/19
    Harmon Kardon stereo
    Sunroof
    Cruise
    MFSW

Asking 950 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Seems to cheap for me and the pictures are just terrible.

• Advertisement

10 photos but they only put up 3 of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Those early Cooper S can be money pits. I'd be wary especially with a sub 1k one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

bazz26 wrote: »
    Those early Cooper S can be money pits. I'd be wary especially with a sub 1k one.

You could be in luck because it shows up as a regular brown bread variety cooper on a few databases. I'd be looking for the supercharger and checking the engine number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

NCT out the start of November though.

• Advertisement

Still not a bad find and has the more reliable 1.9 engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Why do some people cover the insurance disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

emeldc wrote: »
    Why do some people cover the insurance disc.

Because it has policy number and in some cases a name of a trade policy.

Best off not placing it up there.

Because it has policy number and in some cases a name of a trade policy.

Best off not placing it up there.

Yea, still don’t get it. He’s quite obviously a small time trader. What good is his policy number to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Yea, still don’t get it. He’s quite obviously a small time trader. What good is his policy number to me.

Also stop someone getting your insurance details and putting in a false claim?

Also stop someone getting your insurance details and putting in a false claim?

Anyone’s details are available whenever you want them. Just look at the disk :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Anyone’s details are available whenever you want them. Just look at the disk :confused:

Not if you cover the disc when you are putting the picture up on donedeal, do try keep up... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Not if you cover the disc when you are putting the picture up on donedeal, do try keep up... :p

But parked along the street or at a shopping centre which invariably happens from time to time your insurance disc is there for all and sundry to see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Its possible that someone's insurance disk could be copied from a picture, using them computer yokes.

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Its possible that someone's insurance disk could be copied from a picture, using them computer yokes.
    Or you could just make one using one of them computer yokes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

What business is it to a potential buyer if they cannot see the insurance disc in an advert? I wouldn't be showing mine on an advert and see it as being irrelevant to selling the car.

bazz26 wrote: »
    What business is it to a potential buyer if they cannot see the insurance disc in an advert? I wouldn't be showing mine on an advert and see it as being irrelevant to selling the car.

That's what I'm asking. Why wouldn't you show it. What information is on it that is of any use to anyone or that isn't freely available at any other time. I thought there might be a simple answer but obviously not. I don't want to drag the thread off topic so maybe we'll just leave it there :)

But it's been already said what info is on it.
    Policy number, expiration dates.
    I'd be covering it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I'm absolutely baffled as to why a seller should be expected put their insurance information online like that and not cover it. Yeah you can get it off the car parked in the street, but online, seriously? with the potential for anyone looking at the advert (and more) to see it and use it in some way. IMHO its a very very silly thing to do and leaves you open for all sorts of fraud, not just the "stealing of the policy number/printing a copy of the insurance disk" jobbies either, scammers from other countries could get hold of that and use it to blackmail you and all sorts.

Personally I wouldn't dare include it in an advert and see no reason why a potential buyer would complain that I blocked it. If they do - I'd rather not deal with them as I'd worry about ulterior motives. Call me paranoid or whatever but I'd rather protect my privacy.

Anyway for the sake of not dragging the thread off topic

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis/19611710

Toyota Avensis, NCT to June 2019 €550

ZWYzYTNkYzZmMjBmMTFjMmQxZDJiYzMyMmNhYjJiMjWBpOXE36p58sNZNQmukn_VaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDc0OTcwNTl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

That will be sold in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

That's a nice colour too. Makes a difference from the forty shades of grey you usually see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

ba_barabus wrote: »
    That's a nice colour too. Makes a difference from the forty shades of grey you usually see.

Yeah, it looks pretty smart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

terrydel wrote: »

I'd consider that expensive. They've been about as desirable in petrol form as a dose of the clap for years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I know someone who had a petrol auto one and he swears it struggled 20 miles to the gallon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement