Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

ltd440 wrote: »
    my sister is looking for a sub 1k car and this would fit the bill perfectly but we are in cork
    would it be nuts to go to Dublin for it ?

Not in my opinion, leaving Cork for Dublin is always a good thing!
    Seriously tho, if you are sure on buying it before you travel it's worth it. Just get all the info you need first. A cheap car is always a risk, but if it's serviced and you get even a year from it you've done ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭mr c

Havent seen it in a while but used to see a blue Aventime up near Stepaside Dublin 18 all the time
    Still a cool yolk I thought
    CJhaughey wrote: »
    I can recall a now deceased Kerry football manager driving one of these out of Kerry Airport.
    Definitely collectable.
    Renault made some mad cars back in the day, remember the Avantime?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

mr c wrote: »
    Havent seen it in a while but used to see a blue Aventime up near Stepaside Dublin 18 all the time
    Still a cool yolk I thought

Worth quite a bit of money now, if one ever shows up in this thread then move fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Deadwards.com

It's still up there. Saw it parked up at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-x-type-2004/19855747

ZDc5NjdhM2RmYzNjNWJjNjA5MjRhYjMxMTM4MTc2NTJzdAhJZlFnJ-ltbYb7-0k9aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDkyNzM0Mjd8fHx8fHw2MDB4NDUwfHx8fHw=.jpeg

Ive always like the look of these, not much info on this one, but its a 2.0 so I think it might not be of UK origin, I mentioned it to someone that I read this car was reliable as it was based on a mondeo chassis (and edit, other parts), they completely dismissed the idea that jaguar, the x-type or fords were reliable, any car can have its faults and I think a lot of them can be down to how they are looked after, so Im more dubious of the persons opinions of cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

my sister is looking for a sub 1k car and this would fit the bill perfectly but we are in cork
    would it be nuts to go to Dublin for it ?

I have a lovely 06 Ibiza 1.2 in Kilkenny for sale if that's not too far to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ltd440

I have a lovely 06 Ibiza 1.2 in Kilkenny for sale if that's not too far to travel.

is it below 1k ?

is it below 1k ?

It's on dd for 1300. I'll take 1k. Taxed till July,NCT tillp march

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

€300 worth of tax, 6 months NCT, all for €1k. Arrive and drive! That's good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Any link?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

https://www.adverts.ie/car/bmw/3-series/2005-bmw-3-series/15832546

2005 BMW 3 Series
    Tax until Mar 19
    140,500 kms
    2l Petrol
    €1,600

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

https://www.adverts.ie/car/saab/93/2006-saab-93/15690545

2006 Saab 93 Convertible
    Tax until June 19
    231,745 kms
    1.9 Diesal
    €1,900

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

https://www.adverts.ie/car/saab/93/2006-saab-93/15690545

2006 Saab 93 Convertible
    Tax until June 19
    231,745 kms
    1.9 Diesal
    €1,900

What's the parts availability like these days for Saabs? I'd expect the GM parts would be handy to get hold of because a 9-3 is just a Vectra under the skin, but the Saab specific stuff must be hard to find. Can you get replacement keys any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ltd440

cheers odyssey ill show that to my sister

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Cheap load lugger. Be great for the dog

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Cheap load lugger. Be great for the dog

Be a nightmare to insure him though.

Gravelly wrote: »

:D brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

terrydel wrote:
    06 Skoda Fabia.

That's a great buy for someone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

TychoCaine wrote: »
    What's the parts availability like these days for Saabs? I'd expect the GM parts would be handy to get hold of because a 9-3 is just a Vectra under the skin, but the Saab specific stuff must be hard to find. Can you get replacement keys any more?

As you say, because it's mostly GM the parts are common as all heck, especially if you are talking about the more common engine types.

As for parts that are Saab specific, while the brand didn't sell massive numbers, the two models they did make sold plenty, especially the 9-3, so there is no shortage of part out there from breakers and elsewhere.
    Plus, with international shipping, it's easy to get parts in from UK based sellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I use a lad in Meath for work on my Saab 9-3, someone here actually suggested him. He has plenty of parts to hand but has always told me parts are easy to come by anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Jaysus I'd nearly buy that myself only for mine passed the NCT last week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Gravelly wrote: »

Third party fire and pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

1874 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/jaguar-x-type-2004/19855747

ZDc5NjdhM2RmYzNjNWJjNjA5MjRhYjMxMTM4MTc2NTJzdAhJZlFnJ-ltbYb7-0k9aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDkyNzM0Mjd8fHx8fHw2MDB4NDUwfHx8fHw=.jpeg

Ive always like the look of these, not much info on this one, but its a 2.0 so I think it might not be of UK origin, I mentioned it to someone that I read this car was reliable as it was based on a mondeo chassis (and edit, other parts), they completely dismissed the idea that jaguar, the x-type or fords were reliable, any car can have its faults and I think a lot of them can be down to how they are looked after, so Im more dubious of the persons opinions of cars.

I drive a non estate version of the Xtype, a 2005 in the very same colour. 2.0 diesel. Apart from the DMF and injectors the thing is a dream and exceptionally reliable. Never really let me down in the 4 years I have owned it. Parts are cheap as they are mostly (*mostly*) ford and easy to get hold of.
    I love it to bits! Never keep a car more than 2 years yet this has lasted 4.

the 2.1 petrols I have heard are not as reliable though. Would be nice if that was the 2.2D AWD..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Full disclosure: I'm selling this

43893249475_2ec6e892bb_z.jpg

43893249225_f0315a487f_z.jpg

NCT till end of July 19, ten days tax left, 105k, 2.0 Pez manual, leather, parking sensors, air con etc.

Good tyres, got new oil and plugs recently, everything works, roof is perfect and watertight

Theres about 3 minor blemishes on the bodywork and the leather has split at the seam on the driver's bolster. Thats it really

€1k if anyone is looking!

Oh and it qualifies for classic insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭DonalK1981

NCT till end of July 19, ten days tax left, 105k, 2.0 Pez manual, leather, parking sensors, air con etc.

Good tyres, got new oil and plugs recently, everything works, roof is perfect and watertight

Theres about 3 minor blemishes on the bodywork and the leather has split at the seam on the driver's bolster. Thats it really

Where are you based? I would like first refusal if I can get someone to check it today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

If only I had a shed :(

Love when posters like Duke put up their motors here. Love it even more when another boardsie takes an interest or goes ahead and buys it. Keep it going folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Mini850

A bag of sand for that!!!!!!! I need storage for all the cars I want for under €1500

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement