Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

TychoCaine wrote: »
    What's the parts availability like these days for Saabs? I'd expect the GM parts would be handy to get hold of because a 9-3 is just a Vectra under the skin, but the Saab specific stuff must be hard to find. Can you get replacement keys any more?

There are several Saab breakers in Ireland. Anthony Jordan (Saab Spares Ireland) up in Bundoran had to get a second location to hold parts. I couldn't believe how many cars they were breaking. Very nice guy too. There's also a couple of guys in Dublin.

There's a very active Saab community on Facebook look for the "Saab Owners Of Ireland" group. One of the members there posted me up some small bits and pieces and refused to take money for it. Good folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Full disclosure: I'm selling this

43893249475_2ec6e892bb_z.jpg

43893249225_f0315a487f_z.jpg

NCT till end of July 19, ten days tax left, 105k, 2.0 Pez manual, leather, parking sensors, air con etc.

Good tyres, got new oil and plugs recently, everything works, roof is perfect and watertight

Theres about 3 minor blemishes on the bodywork and the leather has split at the seam on the driver's bolster. Thats it really

€1k if anyone is looking!

Oh and it qualifies for classic insurance

Deposit taken as of tonight. It’ll be off to Poland when it’s picked up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

DonalK1981 wrote: »
    Where are you based? I would like first refusal if I can get someone to check it today or tomorrow.

You won't need anybody to check it.

If the duke advertises a car, you pay him full asking and sleep like a baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭DonalK1981

Where are you based? I would like first refusal if I can get someone to check it today or tomorrow.

You won't need anybody to check it.

If the duke advertises a car, you pay him full asking and sleep like a baby.
    Wish I had known that before someone else paid a deposit!

Wish I had known that before someone else paid a deposit!

Sorry about that Donal, in this case it had to be first come first served. Even with the Beemer gone I have a few too many cars outside the house

• Advertisement

Love when posters like Duke put up their motors here. Love it even more when another boardsie takes an interest or goes ahead and buys it. Keep it going folks!

Thanks for the kind words SG.

I'll have to run it by the mods here first of course, but I have a few more cheapies that I could post in here over the next while that might get a boardsie out of a hole or into their new dream machine.

Obviously I don't want to spam the thread with ****e, maybe a car of the month type system or something..just something I've been thinking about over the summer while amassing a small forecourt of cars outside the house :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I'll have to run it by the mods here first of course, but I have a few more cheapies that I could post in here over the next while that might get a boardsie out of a hole or into their new dream machine.

Obviously I don't want to spam the thread with ****e, maybe a car of the month type system or something..just something I've been thinking about over the summer while amassing a small forecourt of cars outside the house :p

Any more BM's?

Any more BM's?

Fraid not Mr Bond

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

NCT till end of July 19, ten days tax left, 105k, 2.0 Pez manual, leather, parking sensors, air con etc.

Good tyres, got new oil and plugs recently, everything works, roof is perfect and watertight

Theres about 3 minor blemishes on the bodywork and the leather has split at the seam on the driver's bolster. Thats it really

oh thats a VERY NICE CAR

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

oh thats a VERY NICE CAR

The parking is dreadful though. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

DeepBlue wrote: »
    The parking is dreadful though. :D

Its a bmw, what do you expect?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

We've no problem problem with regulars posting their own cars, work away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

So it's being exported to Poland?

bear1 wrote: »
    So it's being exported to Poland?

Yes, apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ltd440

It's on dd for 1300. I'll take 1k. Taxed till July,NCT tillp march

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

ltd440 wrote: »
    pm sent

Sent one back with a tel #.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Can we quote the pics just one more time. :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I use a lad in Meath for work on my Saab 9-3, someone here actually suggested him. He has plenty of parts to hand but has always told me parts are easy to come by anyway
    What about replacement keys though? Surely it would have taken Saab dealer software that "phoned home" to the factory to code them to the car?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

TychoCaine wrote: »
    What about replacement keys though? Surely it would have taken Saab dealer software that "phoned home" to the factory to code them to the car?

There are folk on Adverts that'll sort out a replacement set of keys for the Saab.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    There are folk on Adverts that'll sort out a replacement set of keys for the Saab.

Good. Was gonna be looking for one as the contacts for the buttons on mine have worn farely bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Good. Was gonna be looking for one as the contacts for the buttons on mine have worn farely bad.

If your key is just the plastic one that just slots into the console, then you dont need to see anyone. A new carcass on ebay is pretty cheap, and you just swap over the circuit board. It sounds like the micro switch might be bad as well ( if you continue to use it after the outer plastic button breaks) then you might need to solder a new switch on to the board.

Neither is difficult or expensive. I fixed a key on my old 2005 Croma, which had virtually the same key as the saab. Annoyingly, Fiat made theirs about 1mm narrower at the base than the saab one. :mad:

edit: obvs if you have a metal key, you need to get the blade cut. but any good lock place will do that with a chassis number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I did exactly the above! It was about a fiver from eBay, swapped out the plastic case and it's brand new now.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-e240-estate-automatic/19898798

YzFlMWE2NzljN2FhZDZhYjU1MzkyZmYxYmVjNTJjZDYsSgjFIr8SsGuxbA9I5PLHaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDk2MDM2NjN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Tax till January, years test, low miles and V6 petrol, €1500

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Gone already

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

ltd440 wrote: »
    cheers odyssey ill show that to my sister

Gone to Ltd 440. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My god, it's beautiful

A classic Saab 9-3 Aero for €900, with an NCT until June next year

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/saab-93-aero/19449809

ZmEzMDQ5YzE1ZjQ0NjVkNDI4YzkwNWJiNTc0YmVkOTCCRouL2U6tBTMlQFibVkoCaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDY0NDQ3MDB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My god, it's beautiful

A classic Saab 9-3 Aero for €900, with an NCT until June next year

Are they considered a classic Saab? I would have always thought the early 90's 900 would have been the last of the "classic" Saab's but never really thought about it much. Lovely car for 900 quid though!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Turbo blew on mine at 92k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-e240-estate-automatic/19898798

Tax till January, years test, low miles and V6 petrol, €1500
    Looks like Clonskeagh?

• Advertisement

Looks like Clonskeagh?

I have no idea, I'm only a lowly northsider

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement