Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/09-ford-fiesta-3dr-1-4-d/19806069

YzBhYzBhMGE0ZjVlNzllN2Q3MzY5NDE4Y2M0ZDg4ZGUEBEAsClYPHdoSkWh72cd7aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDg5MjEzNzV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

High miles but still suspiciously cheap I reckon. 1.4 diesel, test to January, €1995

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Cheap miserly motoring for someone, I bet it could be gotten a good bit cheaper too

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-idea-long-nct/19268474

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭pah

Better suited to the luxobarge thread with that tax IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'08 A3 1.9D
    NCT June '19
    Low tax
    Claim on one owner
    No mention of miles, so presumably high
    Lots of scratches
    Eyes wide open, but could be honest
    Asking €1,900

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/08-audi-a3-1-9-diesel/19717468

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'08 Citreon C4 1.4 petrol
    NCT Dec '19
    Very low miles - 107k kms
    Nice looking car
    Asking €1,650

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-citroen-c4/19934790

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Only small scratches on the wing !!.:);)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Ex-rental?

Yes

08-D-41360, 59 etc are all red Hyundai i30s

Not that it really matters, its 2 owners already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

bear1 wrote: »
    Ex-rental?

Ex-rental can be a good buy, rarely abused as much as people imagine (most people renting cars are terrified of the penalties for damaging it, and tend to be cagey) and they are always very well maintained. The biggest drawback is that they tend to be poverty spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Gravelly wrote: »
    Ex-rental can be a good buy, rarely abused as much as people imagine (most people renting cars are terrified of the penalties for damaging it, and tend to be cagey) and they are always very well maintained. The biggest drawback is that they tend to be poverty spec.

Rentals are the fastest cars on earth. I know i'm not as mechanically sympathetic as i am with my own car. I dont think i am alone in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

It was probably only a rental for 18-24 months when it was brand new. I would say if anything was going to come out of the woodwork it would have already in the last 8 years of private ownership. Its needs no more of a judgement call than any other used car at this point in it's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I was only asking :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Gravelly wrote: »

Rentals are destroyed by rental staff, not customers. I spent enough summers in Shannon Airport to never buy an ex rental second hand. The tearing around with so little mileage catches up on them quick enough.

But still, you could be lucky.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-tt-quattro-180bhp/19947646

ODE2NjJiNTFhOGVjYzk1ZDlkOWFiNTU2NWQ1OGE5ODYp1mGtt_99edyOFrsXWJToaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDk5NTUxNTd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Good spec TT in a very nice colour, NCT to 6/19 and a bit of tax, €1300

You could have classic insurance on this too if you wanted

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/peugeot-406-coupe-new-nct-future-classic/19947146

OGI2Mjc2NmU2ZGMzNjFkNTg2YjBjMjAxNTFjODE4ZDbBNhqGBWUXvkXGF9xAoKVwaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDk5NTEwMTV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I'd prefer this though! 2.0 petrol Coupe with nice leather, new test for a year, €650

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-tt-quattro-180bhp/19947646

ODE2NjJiNTFhOGVjYzk1ZDlkOWFiNTU2NWQ1OGE5ODYp1mGtt_99edyOFrsXWJToaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDk5NTUxNTd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Good spec TT in a very nice colour, NCT to 6/19 and a bit of tax, €1300

You could have classic insurance on this too if you wanted

I work in the same place as the girl who is selling this, I don't know mechanically how well she looked after it, but she loved the car and is a genuine seller.
    Hope this helps someone a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’d totally drive that.

Wheels would have to go though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

I work in the same place as the girl who is selling this, I don't know mechanically how well she looked after it, but she loved the car and is a genuine seller.
    Hope this helps someone a little bit.

Hard to say, looks like a nice car, wouldnt mind one, but anyone that scuffs up the rims that much doesnt strike me as a person that is concerned what oil they are putting in the engine, the missing/damaged grille on the front right suggests it may have been towed (looks like thats where the tow eye could fit, could happen in any cars life though).
    Maybe its alright for the price, seems clean from the angles shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

1874 wrote: »
    Hard to say, looks like a nice car, wouldnt mind one, but anyone that scuffs up the rims that much doesnt strike me as a person that is concerned what oil they are putting in the engine, the missing/damaged grille on the front right suggests it may have been towed (looks like thats where the tow eye could fit, could happen in any cars life though).

Its gone anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Its gone anyway.

It was there when I commented. Just gone off donedeal. I like those cars, be nice to get a clean example, I think the damage on the bumper was more from a ding than towing, the pictures didnt show it all and I thought there was some damage on it too, or could have been reflections at the angle the pic was taken, not the worst but more pictures showing it all would have been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Looking for a second run around car for myself. Husband says Toyota, VW or Ford are really the only options for reliability in older cars?
    Has to be cheap tax and cheap to insure too. And preferably under the 2k. Is it ok to go under the 08 reg for insurance and reliabity wise or should I use that as my cut off point in car search? Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

If you're looking for reliability I wouldn't be going near a 10 year old VW anyway. Some are better than others but I can't think of many of their models from that ERA that would be pain free now.

A petrol Toyota would be a better call.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If you're looking for reliability I wouldn't be going near a 10 year old VW anyway. Some are better than others but I can't think of many of their models from that ERA that would be pain free now.

A petrol Toyota would be a better call.

BREAKING NEWS:
    Toyota Fanboi recommends buying a Toyota

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

1874 wrote: »

Not necessarily - my own wheels are well scruffed, the car has a ding on the boot and there are a couple of places where the paint could use a touch up, but the mechanics are maintained to a frankly paranoid level (at the last service, the car had only covered 2300 km over the previous 12 months).

The problem is that you are bound to hit feckin' potholes, some idiot in an SUV will ding your boot and run away in the Tesco car park, and people open doors into your side as if there was no tomorrow :(

On topic, don't like TTs particularly, especially of that vintage (say what you want, they ARE extremely feminine cars), but the one that was in that ad didn't look bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Not necessarily - my own wheels are well scruffed, the car has a ding on the boot and there are a couple of places where the paint could use a touch up, but the mechanics are maintained to a frankly paranoid level (at the last service, the car had only covered 2300 km over the previous 12 months).

The problem is that you are bound to hit feckin' potholes, some idiot in an SUV will ding your boot and run away in the Tesco car park, and people open doors into your side as if there was no tomorrow :(

On topic, don't like TTs particularly, especially of that vintage (say what you want, they ARE extremely feminine cars), but the one that was in that ad didn't look bad.

but the car might identify as a male car, or even a gender-fluid Audi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭jiltloop

gwalk wrote: »
    but the car might identify as a male car, or even a gender-fluid Audi

Would this be another fluid that needs changing at every service? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Looking for a second run around car for myself. Husband says Toyota, VW or Ford are really the only options for reliability in older cars?
    Has to be cheap tax and cheap to insure too. And preferably under the 2k. Is it ok to go under the 08 reg for insurance and reliabity wise or should I use that as my cut off point in car search? Any help appreciated.

Your post says you want a yaris

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement