Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

jharr100 wrote: »
    Do those wheels look tiny or is it my imagination?

It's the body kit or whatever that crap is that's stuck on...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    If the bodywork is as clean as it looks in the photos then around 1k wouldn't be a bad price. They are next to impossible to find unmarked. It's a shame it's the liftback though. If it was a 3dr i'd probably go to view it.

Its still there - I'll go for a look tomorrow. Apparently theres not a mark on it. I've had a saloon, 3 door hatch and estate all as daily drivers. Never a lifty..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

jharr100 wrote: »
    Do those wheels look tiny or is it my imagination?

No they do look tiny I know the seller lowered it but I think the wheels look too small and skinny (wider arches )??

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Its still there - I'll go for a look tomorrow. Apparently theres not a mark on it. I've had a saloon, 3 door hatch and estate all as daily drivers. Never a lifty..

i have a liftback carina e - put the rear seats down and you have a van

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mazda-3/20360662

Mazda 3 Saloon 1.6 petrol
    NCT to April'19
    Looks to have only done 1500 miles since test
    Asking 599

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Gatling wrote: »
    No they do look tiny I know the seller lowered it but I think the wheels look too small and skinny (wider arches )??

Standard wheel was 145/80 R14 part of the whole eco thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

IV had 3 of these and never ever had an issue mechanical wise with any of them.
    They also run on the smell of petrol. Very economical.
    Only draw back is the road noise when doing above 50mph. It used to drive me mental in all 3 Iv owned.

Only draw back is the road noise when doing above 50mph. It used to drive me mental in all 3 Iv owned.

Don't know why it duplicated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

idnkph wrote: »

The vvti is quieter than the older 4e-fe especially above 50mph. Sticking a set of michelin energy savers on makes a big difference too

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1997-toyota-corolla-1-3-xl-mint-condition-2/20300623

YjA2MTMxNGNjNTdjZmRhZDEzMDY1MmEwNTI5MzVhNDUWxDt8w61v0MDytV6sdCzZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTM0OTQ4NTR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

How nice is this!?

NCT to July, tax through to Christmas, low miles, history and looks immaculate. Pricey though

I don't know why I keep doing this..

32230392938_2cd9501630_c.jpg

Nice to get back behind the wheel of one again though. It really is as good as it looks in the photos from the ad, theres hardly a mark on it. And it drives unbelievably well for a 21 year old motor too. I'm looking forward to having this for a little while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Nice to get back behind the wheel of one again though. It really is as good as it looks in the photos from the ad, theres hardly a mark on it. And it drives unbelievably well for a 21 year old motor too. I'm looking forward to having this for a little while.

Cleanest one I've seen for a long time. Well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I think you could be my spirit animal :pac:

Best of luck with it!

Thanks gents, I'm very happy with it.

Really have to shift this A6 of mine though because I'm up to 5 cars now.

I'll be sad to see that go, it is a great car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

Whats your insurance plan with the toyota. i bought a 1999 model that's getting a service at the mo. Is it still possible to get main insurance on an old car.

Whats your insurance plan with the toyota. i bought a 1999 model that's getting a service at the mo. Is it still possible to get main insurance on an old car.

I find axa no trouble with older cars as a returning customer

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Bought my first car at that dealership, a 96 fiesta, back when there were two dealers at that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Is it still possible to get main insurance on an old car.

Please see the separate thread specifically for insuring an older car.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057675907

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Nice what did you pay after.

Nice what did you pay after.

I gave 850 for it in the end which I’m happy enough with!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Thats some hagglen price, well wear!

Great little car, you'd probably get at least 10 or more years out of it.

Then roll on classic tax :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Well wear Duke and well done on the purchase price. First class haggling.!!
    Best of luck with it, looks like a pristine example and great to see it on the road for another few years.
    Viva la bangernomics!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Do you offer your services out to noob negotiators Duke? A tagalong friend to play bad cop to my ones good cop

Best of luck with it. They drive well, even with mega miles they don't feel tired. They were built to last.

I had trouble getting a decent qoute on one of these a few years back mainly due to the age of the car but I did manage to get one in the end.

Best of luck with it. They drive well, even with mega miles they don't feel tired. They were built to last.

There is exactly 119,400 on it as of this evening and I have to say it drives like a new car. There genuinely isn't one hint of wear anywhere on the inside. Seats, carpet, steering wheel etc all look and feel new and fresh.

I was thinking about your comment re. tyres on the way home down the M1 today, it was very good. Nice and stable and no major noise at all. Theres four decent Goodyear tyres on it at the minute that are obviously doing a good job.

Also has the 4 original wheel caps under those hubcaps!

Really have to shift this A6 of mine though because I'm up to 5 cars now.

Which A6 is this????

There is exactly 119,400 on it as of this evening and I have to say it drives like a new car. There genuinely isn't one hint of wear anywhere on the inside. Seats, carpet, steering wheel etc all look and feel new and fresh.

I was thinking about your comment re. tyres on the way home down the M1 today, it was very good. Nice and stable and no major noise at all. Theres four decent Goodyear tyres on it at the minute that are obviously doing a good job.

I had one with a lot more miles than that which still drove like new. Sold that car nearly 10 years ago now and I still see it being driven around the place. It's seen off a good few newer cars in that time.

I'd nearly take off the non original hubcaps and have the original wheels with original hubcaps showing. Imo I think they look much better that way.

Also I never really had any problems with road noise either but the premium tyres do make a difference I think.

Sure sign on an old car that it was looked after. One of the first things I check when I'm looking at a used car is the tyres - 4 different chinese yokes, walk away - 4 same known brand, and I've it nearly bought already!

Gravelly wrote: »
    Sure sign on an old car that it was looked after. One of the first things I check when I'm looking at a used car is the tyres - 4 different chinese yokes, walk away - 4 same known brand, and I've it nearly bought already!
    I don't think it's that simple and I wouldn't judge a car purely on the tires.

• Advertisement

I don't think it's that simple and I wouldn't judge a car purely on the tires.

I wouldn't judge a car purely on the tyres either :rolleyes:

But it is a guarantee that if someone only bought one bargain tyre at a time, they will have skimped on essential maintenance. If they were prepared to spend on four good branded tyres at a time, you can be fairly confident they won't have skimped on maintenance either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement