Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nct-09-17-tax-09-17-only-93000-miles-/15512461

2004 1 series . tax and test to September.
    93k miles .. From a dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-slk-200-kompresssor/15574288

ODgyZmU1ZTUwMWFmNmIzOTM0YzViOTExYzhlMTg0OWV06Y3ErrbX10Upcr-01UyFaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183NDIxMTAzMnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Something for the summer to take GF to beach while wife takes care of kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Soarer

Don't know if the owner is watching this thread, but she's up at €2499 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-rx-300-03/15575841

YzFkNjkxNDBhNDkwZDQ5OWU2NjllNDlhMDMwNTBjNjNz8J03_59BqgjQYOJWH98-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183NDIyMDE0Nnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Not really a looked, but claimed 1 owner, NCT to 11/17 and tax to 9/17 for €1950. Its basically a GS300..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I don't hate it, but being a blatant JDM import it has definitely more than one previous owner and is probably an insurance headache.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-rx-300-03/15575841

YzFkNjkxNDBhNDkwZDQ5OWU2NjllNDlhMDMwNTBjNjNz8J03_59BqgjQYOJWH98-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183NDIyMDE0Nnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Not really a looked, but claimed 1 owner, NCT to 11/17 and tax to 9/17 for €1950. Its basically a GS300..
    Same owner in Japan as here? Hmmm...

Kudos for not sticking Lexus badges on it though.

1 owner according to carsireland.

Also with Donedeal now you can't manually put in the "key info" bits..you need to put in the reg and it'll list the nct, tax, owners etc which is actually, for once, a positive new feature

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Soarer

Old Toyota Import = Insurance Troubles.

That's how imports go with number of owners, you'd be the first irish owner on the logbook.
    I think you can manually change the info donedeal sticks up?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

1 owner according to carsireland.

Also with Donedeal now you can't manually put in the "key info" bits..you need to put in the reg and it'll list the nct, tax, owners etc which is actually, for once, a positive new feature

Ya but carsireland or donedeal cant tell how many owners it had before it came to ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Soarer wrote: »
    Don't know if the owner is watching this thread, but she's up at €2499 now!

People get tired of silly offers and just bump the asking...

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That's how imports go with number of owners, you'd be the first irish owner on the logbook.
    I think you can manually change the info donedeal sticks up?

Ah, of course, one owner in Ireland but not throughout its life. That didn't even occur to me.

This is how it works now btw

YOfU3Cw.png

"Are there any details missing or incorrect" just brings you to a section that allows you to contact Donedeal and ask them to change or add something

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-pao/15587726

ZTFmYmQ4MTc3MzE5ZjRjNjQwYzhiY2YwZjhhYTZjNDQ8l6L9jZvNe8EPc9RYs4onaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183NDI4NDUwMXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Only NCT'd till August, but this must be the first we've had in here? €1500

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I thought they went for a good bit more than that? Given the shortish test and the fact that they are based on the Micra, I'd be keeping an eye out for rot. It does look clean though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I thought they went for a good bit more than that? Given the shortish test and the fact that they are based on the Micra, I'd be keeping an eye out for rot. It does look clean though.

I didn't think it was possible to blow one of those micra engines.... Who knew?

Its the only Pao on Donedeal or adverts at the minute. The last one to be advertised was three weeks ago and it was €5500. They were grand a few years ago when you actually had some hope of getting insurance but I'd say it would be a nightmare now. South City Dubliners often sell cars very cheaply too though.

That's a bargain. Somebody buy that.

That's a bargain. Somebody buy that.

I wish I had an excuse to!

But it's perfect for you.

But it's perfect for you.

I swear this thread will be my demise

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-carina-1997-turbo-diesel/15587262

MjA0Yzc2N2NjN2ZiOWYwMTY4YTE0N2NmZWNkOGNmZTMDK0xMezpK-rwz39cnHIdhaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183NDI4MTk4Mnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Its €1k, but a turbo diesel end-of-the-line Carina e with test to 5/18 and tax to 10/17 is the way to go.

Much as I love the ould Carinas, that's a bit saucy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I don't know what's more exciting, the fact I have a 'new' car or that I get to post my first Bangernomics car for sale. This is my own Panda so any feedback on the advert would be much appreciated:

NjI2YjNiYzM1N2FkM2Y0NWE3ZDAwZjI4YjhmZjU4Mzhd8kffYKaK7qTDsVt0VnyGaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183NDI5MTU3Nnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2005-fiat-panda-low-mileage-new-nct/15589192

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Fair price I think. Good luck with it!
    Only thing I would change is the cars name fran, never really saw the need to include it in a sale.
    But your ad of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,415 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You need to fix your ad. It says NCT Jun 2017 when in fact it is until June 2018!

A bit pricey in my book, but in fairness to you it looks tidy and clean and well kept. The long NCT is a bonus. If I were buying I'd do my best to get a good few hundred off though :)

You should also mention that the car is still taxed and until when

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

unkel wrote: »
    You need to fix your ad. It says NCT Jun 2017 when in fact it is until June 2018!

A bit pricey in my book, but in fairness to you it looks tidy and clean and well kept. The long NCT is a bonus. If I were buying I'd do my best to get a good few hundred off though :)

You should also mention that the car is still taxed and until when

I just tried to but it seems I can't edit that field as it's being pulled from a database. The new NCT was only gotten on Tuesday so the database they use doesn't look like it's updated yet.

I can't recall off hand what date it's taxed to but I'll update that in the morning.

Sure I know if I had you coming to view the car I'd be paying YOU some money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,415 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Haha :D

Until you can update the NCT field in the ad, I would include the Jun 2018 bit in the title

And sacrifice one of the current pictures so that you can include a picture of the NCT and tax discs.

GLWS and let us know how you are getting on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/08-mazda-6-nct-18-2195/15586936

Second generation Mazda 6;
    1.8 litre petrol;
    2008;
    Highy mileage @ 176k;
    NCT'd until 02/2018.

Some scuff marks; less than perfect looking but if it drives okay and you aren't the vain type off you go.

Asking ?2,200 and get the impression he's very firm on that price....No doubt the elephant chap will be able to get it for half that if he's still about here thoughbiggrin.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Update, sold my mothers car last Saturday, posted here last week, 05 diesel fiesta and got €1975. Happy enough with the price as it has a shortish nct,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Pterosaur

I just tried to but it seems I can't edit that field as it's being pulled from a database. The new NCT was only gotten on Tuesday so the database they use doesn't look like it's updated yet.

I can't recall off hand what date it's taxed to but I'll update that in the morning.

Sure I know if I had you coming to view the car I'd be paying YOU some money :)

Have had this NCT problem before, if you get onto customer service they may be able to update it manually.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement