Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

What you think he should ask ?

Unfortunately the Irish road tax system messes up the value of many a nice car.

Sadly it probably needs to be sub 1 k - unless you find a buyer whose a big Mondeo fanatic.

If someone thinks "yeah I'd like a 3 litre and damn the tax" they will think Lexus, BMW and other "upmarket" brands not a Ford.

Especially when the Ford also looks like your neighbours 2.0 tdci on the outside.

Part of the fun if you want to rock and roll the high tax big engine way of life is driving something that looks a 50 k plus machine at much less money.

Let's be clear - if it's in nice working order - it IS a nice car in its own right - but the demand isn't there for it at that price.

And I speak as someone whose attracted to the pure randomness of a big V6 Mondeo

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You would expect the v6 to come with xenon lights but no it's bog standard there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Teddy Daniels

You would expect the v6 to come with xenon lights but no it's bog standard there.
    Wouldn’t put me off
    850 be too cheeky?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Wouldn’t put me off
    850 be too cheeky?
    What is the worst they can say. No? If you were really interested id haggle. You would never know. You might not get it for 850 but surely there is a middle ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Old diesel wrote: »

If someone thinks "yeah I'd like a 3 litre and damn the tax" they will think Lexus, BMW and other "upmarket" brands not a Ford.

Especially when the Ford also looks like your neighbours 2.0 tdci on the outside.

In fairness, I'd imagine those cars suffered from that when brand new too, not just when they hit bangernomics money.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Tested till 11th Jan!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Tested till 11th Jan!

So what he means is 'drive away quick, please!'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

How about half that, as mentioned it's a victim of the tax system like so many more that find it's way into this thread way before their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

elperello wrote: »
    It could be PSV-taxed as a limousine - there is no age limit for limousines.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'04 BMW 320 Touring
    NCT Oct '19
    Tax Jan '19
    Two owners
    112k miles

Asking €899

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2004-320-touring-nct-and-tax-low-mil/20643418

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

M Sport and all. That’s a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'04 mk1 Octavia 1.4 glx
    NCT August '19
    125k miles
    Lovely clean looking car. Nice colour.

Asking €900

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-octavia-1-4-glx-5dr/19571655?campaign=8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

W123-80's wrote: »
    '04 BMW 320 Touring
    NCT Oct '19
    Tax Jan '19
    Two owners
    112k miles

Asking €899

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2004-320-touring-nct-and-tax-low-mil/20643418

I'd find the mileage hard to believe. When it left England in 2014 it had 91k miles in 2016 it had 107k and now only 112?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

racso1975 wrote: »
    I'd find the mileage hard to believe. When it left England in 2014 it had 91k miles in 2016 it had 107k and now only 112?

where'd you find that out? handy to know,
    mine came from Uk in 2013 with 78kmiles, averaged out about 10k per year but, for me I used it more some years and less others though,
    the paperwork shows 95k I think, but it looks like the nct disc says 118kmiles

1874 wrote: »
    where'd you find that out? handy to know,
    mine came from Uk in 2013 with 78kmiles, averaged out about 10k per year but, for me I used it more some years and less others though,
    the paperwork shows 95k I think, but it looks like the nct disc says 118kmiles

You can enter UK reg into mot check UK.

It will give you all details of mot if any have been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

If it was a saloon I'd probably pay close to the asking, they are a good car but it just a pity about tax on the 3.0l. I paid 900 for my 2.5 nearly 3 years ago but it needed a bit of work and its also a saloon which is nicer looking I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-superb/20648185
    Skoda superb
    Nct till 02/20
    Tax till 02/19
    1.9 diesel
    Clutch timing belt and water pump replaced
    2 owners
    143mks
    Cow inside

900 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

racso1975 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-superb/20648185
    Skoda superb
    Nct till 02/20
    Tax till 02/19
    1.9 diesel
    Clutch timing belt and water pump replaced
    2 owners
    143mks
    Cow inside

900 euro

gone it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Full disclosure this is the car I replaced last week here on thread. Great runner but obviously I have upgraded to a newer and better spec.

Car running great, fly wheel done on it about 3 months ago. Nct passed fine and isn't due until August. Radio display was upgraded from the old faded model to the newer one that doesn't fade, brake pads, timing belt etc all maintained and have a good few kms left in them (must dig up the date)

A fuse for the boot blew during the week but selling as is. Easy enough to fix. Will be sad to see it go but can't keep two cars on the road.

Tax is up this month so barely a bangernomics but barely still means it is!

http://www.adverts.ie/16979103

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    Full disclosure this is the car I replaced last week here on thread. Great runner but obviously I have upgraded to a newer and better spec.

Car running great, fly wheel done on it about 3 months ago. Nct passed fine and isn't due until August. Radio display was upgraded from the old faded model to the newer one that doesn't fade, brake pads, timing belt etc all maintained and have a good few kms left in them (must dig up the date)

A fuse for the boot blew during the week but selling as is. Easy enough to fix. Will be sad to see it go but can't keep two cars on the road.

Did you buy the 407 estate? That looked an absolute bargain.

terrydel wrote:
    Did you buy the 407 estate? That looked an absolute bargain.

I did yeah. Great car. Love me a 407 anyway, but the car genuinely was in good condition and driving fine.

This one is too...just has more kms under the hood and isn't an estate, so time to move her on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

For 500 notes that Peugeot is worth a look for anyone stuck in the sticks.

Boot issue wouldn't even bother me....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Thats a properly cheap smoker for the money. Tax it cheaply at three month intervals and drive it till the test runs, depending on how it fares either run it through another test or sell it on for €200, either way you've played the bangernomics game very well. GLWS, I'd suggest putting it on DoneDeal and including a phone number but you'll likely only be inundated with idiots

Thats a properly cheap smoker for the money. Tax it cheaply at three month intervals and drive it till the test runs, depending on how it fares either run it through another test or sell it on for €200, either way you've played the bangernomics game very well. GLWS, I'd suggest putting it on DoneDeal and including a phone number but you'll likely only be inundated with idiots

Yeah if it doesn't move I probably will. Even on adverts I only have guys looking to break it for less money so will resist handing out my mobile for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Buy a burner sim card.

bazz26 wrote:
    Buy a burner sim card.

Good shout

Pter wrote: »

What's best you will do a boardsie on it. I need something cheap to do me a while.

What's best you will do a boardsie on it. I need something cheap to do me a while.

Pm sent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

bazz26 wrote:
    Buy a burner sim card.

You wouldn't condone that, would you ???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement