Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I really like that Beetle, even if it's not really bangernomics. If I had a shed, it'd definitely be a car I'd be putting in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

racso1975 wrote: »
    ODMyZmFiMjM3MmMzMzMwODI2NzM1YzFmZjg4NmFiNTPG18ohM7UxdXcLce_X9zmXaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTQ3Nzg4MDJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/alfa-romeo-g-t-diesel-sport-evo-mint/20595716

2006 Alfa sport gt evo diesel
    Nct 2020
    Heated seats
    Leather
    Full service

Same seller has a 06 C180 with FSH, new tyres and new NCT for less money.

Don't know if it's 1 or 2 previous owners though.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

W123-80's wrote: »
    '06 Ford Ka 1.3
    NCT March '19
    Tax April '19
    72k miles

Short test, claims fresh NCT so potientially backdated?

Asking €545

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-kafresh-nct/20627272

The last run of the kent engined fords. Can't believe they survived so long (and I even saw one on CO2 tax...:eek:)

Would love to buy that if I had somewhere to store it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

ELM327 wrote: »
    The last run of the kent engined fords. Can't believe they survived so long (and I even saw one on CO2 tax...:eek:)
    Wow:
    Originally developed in 1959 for the Ford Anglia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Anthracite wrote: »
    And that Alfa comes with a new rear bumper.

he's doing a major job of hiding the plate too. Lovely interior, but i'd give it a miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

original Irish car with all original speck from the rose of the road factory

3-B9-E5-BCF-5-CB3-4-FB4-8-B4-F-8-C3-E9-FCBA039.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

colm_mcm wrote: »

I sold an 08 ONE with tax and test for double that last month. Amazing what a digit on the plate does.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,468 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I sold an 08 ONE with tax and test for double that last month. Amazing what a digit on the plate does.

Yeah, but if the tax was the same it's not just that the 07 would be dearer, but the 08 would be a bit cheaper too....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

I can't do links but there's a 05 Kia Carens that I'd say falls into the code of BANGERNOMICS. Taxed and tested for 11 months, loads of work done 950 euro on Donedeal.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

I can't do links but there's a 05 Kia Carens that I'd say falls into the code of BANGERNOMICS. Taxed and tested for 11 months, loads of work done 950 euro on Donedeal.

Is this it?
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-kia-carens-auto-new-nct-11mnts-tax/20177967
    Looks good value for money.
    Weird that someone would go to the trouble of paying the full tax and then sell it immediately. If that were me, I'd drive it til it died or the tax was up.

terrydel wrote: »
    Is this it?
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-kia-carens-auto-new-nct-11mnts-tax/20177967
    Looks good value for money.
    Weird that someone would go to the trouble of paying the full tax and then sell it immediately. If that were me, I'd drive it til it died or the tax was up.

That's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭elperello

That's the one.

Looks nice and clean but with all that work the new tyres and the tax they are losing money. Could be an expensive issue cropped up or a good bargain.
    Proceed with caution.

That Carens doesn’t show up on motortax.ie but does show on cartell. Something not quite right there. It is taxed, but at which rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Could it be motor tax exempt? Just guessing here.

Bingo, tax exempt vehicles won't show up when checking tax rate on motortax.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

wonski wrote: »
    Could it be motor tax exempt? Just guessing here.

Bingo, tax exempt vehicles won't show up when checking tax rate on motortax.ie.

It has 11 months tax apparently, how could it be exempt?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    It has 11 months tax apparently, how could it be exempt?

They still got discs, just for free.

I have checked two more random exempt vehicles on motortax and one showed up as a co2 base, and another not on the system,so maybe it is something else...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

wonski wrote: »
    They still got discs, just for free.

I have checked two more random exempt vehicles on motortax and one showed up as a co2 base, and another not on the system,so maybe it is something else...

Didn't know that. For what reason would a car be exempt?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Didn't know that. For what reason would a car be exempt?

Disability would be the most common reason.

So what is the verdict with this car, is it a bargain?

Can the tax on it be cancelled after the sale if the seller buys another car but doesn't hand back the Kia disc or is the disc good for a new owner until the expiry date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

So what is the verdict with this car, is it a bargain?

Can the tax on it be cancelled after the sale if the seller buys another car but doesn't hand back the Kia disc or is the disc good for a new owner until the expiry date?

It's no use to anyone else.

Same rules apply as psv taxi disc.

It's no use to anyone else.

Same rules apply as psv taxi disc.

What are the rules?

What are the rules?

You need to tax it as for private use ;)

Now I am only guessing here regarding this Kia, but you can always ask the seller to take a photo of the disc, and see how it goes ;)

So what are people saying here?
    Totally confused. Its taxed for 11 months but thats no use to a potential buyer? How and why?

So what are people saying here?
    Totally confused. Its taxed for 11 months but thats no use to a potential buyer? How and why?

Because if it's classed as exempt, no tax has been paid.

Only the original owner whom acquired the exemption is allowed own and run the vehicle.

It's exactly the same of one buys an ex taxi where the tax is around €90.
    This means I can't buy it as I don't have a psv licence sonic would have to tax it private.

Because if it's classed as exempt, no tax has been paid.

Only the original owner whom acquired the exemption is allowed own and run the vehicle.

It's exactly the same of one buys an ex taxi where the tax is around €90.
    This means I can't buy it as I don't have a psv licence sonic would have to tax it private.

So him saying its got 11 months tax is a bit disingenuous to say the least?

So him saying its got 11 months tax is a bit disingenuous to say the least?

Very true if it's exempt.

Exactly same as if you bought an ex Garda car or government vehicle with in date tax.

You would not actually have valid tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Well someone took a chance,seems to be gone !.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Aren't cars registered on an offshore island also exempt from motortax?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Thats right, they're test exempt too.

Was it advertised in Clare? Could be from one of the Arans

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement