Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I just tried to but it seems I can't edit that field as it's being pulled from a database. The new NCT was only gotten on Tuesday so the database they use doesn't look like it's updated yet.

Contact DoneDeal. They overwrite data manually

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

And probably at only about half the mileage it's capable of without too much trouble. Had one as a company car once and it covered insane mileage - the guy that "inherited" it in the company from me had put over 300k miles on it last time I saw it and it was still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-pao/15587726

ZTFmYmQ4MTc3MzE5ZjRjNjQwYzhiY2YwZjhhYTZjNDQ8l6L9jZvNe8EPc9RYs4onaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183NDI4NDUwMXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Only NCT'd till August, but this must be the first we've had in here? €1500

Turns out this is taxed till Feb 2018 too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jharr100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Only tested 3 weeks ago, just got massively backdated?

It's fair ropey looking. Don't think I'd take the plunge on it. It could tidy up nice though.

Those miles are very low

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

IMG_0165.jpg

colm_mcm wrote: »
    IMG_0165.jpg

Stop :P

I don't have €1500 this month but next month..

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

Did someone make an enquiry about it?

At that price it'd be worth picking up to leave outside a Costa/Starbucks with a "for sale" sign in the window, you'd have hipsters throwing their money clips at you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,416 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

you'd have hipsters throwing their money clips at you.

If only these hipsters had driving licenses :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-pao/15587726

ZTFmYmQ4MTc3MzE5ZjRjNjQwYzhiY2YwZjhhYTZjNDQ8l6L9jZvNe8EPc9RYs4onaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183NDI4NDUwMXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Only NCT'd till August, but this must be the first we've had in here? €1500

already sold

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

jharr100 wrote: »
    Only tested 3 weeks ago, just got massively backdated?

It's fair ropey looking. Don't think I'd take the plunge on it. It could tidy up nice though.
    Those miles are very low

Motortax website says that Superb cost €95 to tax per year which is a PSV rate, correct? Makes you wonder how many times that car has seen 97,000 miles?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

bazz26 wrote: »
    Motortax website says that Superb cost €95 to tax per year which is a PSV rate, correct? Makes you wonder how many times that car has seen 97,000 miles?

Yes, the insurance disc belongs to Trade Insurance

No way are those miles genuine!

It's not a UK car either which is a bad thing as then thee mileage could bee checked, no way of checking the mileage of Irish cars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/08-mazda-6-nct-18-2195/15586936

Second generation Mazda 6;
    1.8 litre petrol;
    2008;
    Highy mileage @ 176k;
    NCT'd until 02/2018.

Some scuff marks; less than perfect looking but if it drives okay and you aren't the vain type off you go.

Asking ?2,200 and get the impression he's very firm on that price....No doubt the elephant chap will be able to get it for half that if he's still about here thoughbiggrin.png

Nah, you're good. You are welcome to it at that price. He might even throw in a free paper bag for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

That's a nice looking car, shame they are so crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-ford-focus-long-nct-cheap-tax-price-drop/15441626

Don't know if the above link will work.

Anyway it's mine. Any comments welcome ;)
    I've been offered €1000 - should I take it and run? I'll get the same trading it in but cash will give me more buying power I presume.

That was a cheeky offer. You should get more than that. It's pretty amazing actually that engine is still going, they're not the most reliable. You must have serviced it well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd hold tight, that car is worth more than 1k unless it's on it's last legs.

That's a nice looking car, shame they are so crap.

What is so crap about them? They might like a bit of oil, but as long as it passes nct on emissions, it is not a real issue. Going up a grade, to 5w40 or 10w50 in extremes helps a lot as well. If that's Irish car, the rust should not be a problem. Seized brakes? Refurbished kits are easily available...

What else?

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    That was a cheeky offer. You should get more than that. It's pretty amazing actually that engine is still going, they're not the most reliable. You must have serviced it well :)

Cheers. Ya serviced every 10k miles.
    Mechanic that services it reckons that it's the biggest mileage he's seen on that engine.
    Maybe I was just lucky!!!
    I might hold off on that offer - probably take €1500 though.

Irish car which is running perfectly - just needs tie rod ends.

Thats a bargain. Shame about the dent, I presume PDR couldn't be used on it?

Thats a bargain. Shame about the dent, I presume PDR couldn't be used on it?

I haven't tried. Much check it out - could end ip like that car that Dougal destroyed on Fr Ted !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

cocoman wrote: »
    I haven't tried. Much check it out - could end ip like that car that Dougal destroyed on Fr Ted !!!!

I wouldn't mind the dent too much, at that budget people prefer an honest dent over a bodged repair,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Squatman

cocoman wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-ford-focus-long-nct-cheap-tax-price-drop/15441626

Don't know if the above link will work.

Anyway it's mine. Any comments welcome ;)
    I've been offered €1000 - should I take it and run? I'll get the same trading it in but cash will give me more buying power I presume.

Given the intergallactic mileage, and the number of comments showing peoples surprise that it is still driving suggests you need to get rid of it asap, with that in mind, id take the 1k and his hand with it!

The fact that it's still driving means it will probably drive on for a long time. Isolated case, I know, but it's a good example of how proper maintenance (read frequent oil changes) can make a difference

I agree with the seller (cocoman). I'd be happy to sell it for €1,500 but I would not entertain €1k offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Squatman

unkel wrote: »
    The fact that it's still driving means it will probably drive on for a long time. Isolated case, I know, but it's a good example of how proper maintenance (read frequent oil changes) can make a difference

I agree with the seller (cocoman). I'd be happy to sell it for €1,500 but I would not entertain €1k offers.

REgular servicing will not prevent cylinder scoring, bearing wear, seal degradation, carbon buildup etc. and associated mileage related wear and tear. If the OP thinks its work more than 1k, then the best value for him, is to keep it himself - IMO

Squatman wrote: »
    REgular servicing will not prevent cylinder scoring, bearing wear, seal degradation, carbon buildup etc. and associated mileage related wear and tear. If the OP thinks its work more than 1k, then the best value for him, is to keep it himself - IMO

The 1.6 HDI are good engines, with a very minor flaw - the screws that mount the injectors in the 16V variant get loose with time. Show me a garage that does check them with every service. That's literally 5 minute job with allen key size 10 IIRC.

The injector seals get loose, which leads to massive carbon buildup, EGR and Turbo seize... Oil gets contaminated, blocks the oil feeder pipes to the Turbo, which then dies of starvation.

It is often the fault of the garage, not the owner who wanted to service it properly. With PROPER maintenance they can go to half million, but in Ireland the garage will only remove oil, put a new filter and whatever oil they have in the barrel today.

Squatman wrote: »
    If the OP thinks its work more than 1k, then the best value for him, is to keep it himself - IMO

Still worth more than a grand. We'll see who's right. @cocoman - make sure to report back here when the car is sold :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,628 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nice Accord with NCT for 5 months, 90k miles, 4 new tyres, 2 keys and lots of service history €825. If I was living near I would certainly have a look...

MDM2MmNiOGEwZjBjNWQyODA2MjBiMTU5Y2JiNDYzZWJ9dO0FgAHsOgVTyefBRIMpaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b183NDI2MTI5Nnx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Did my usual reci on the car and spotted ownership changed on 08/04/2017, potentially issues perhaps?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-accord-auto-nct-11-17-only-90k-full-history/15583693

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement