Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    A separate car you mean?

Yes. I have a Volvo insured and taxed as normal and an E36 on a classic policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

E36 values are going nuts so I don't doubt you're right. However preventative maintenance can erase a lot of the gains.

I more mean buying it just to enjoy it as a nice car.

Old diesel wrote: »
    I more mean buying it just to enjoy it as a nice car.

As I have done, I'm just pointing out just because values rise doesn't mean you don't have costs incurred in order to keep its value.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Brasso

I have an '03 325i coupe and it's insured with 123 for about €680 a year, I've only had it two years so it was already 13 years old when I first insured it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-1-4-d4d/20737300

Seems fairly clean inside and out.
    Not long left in the test, unfortunately.

Boring but largely reliable.

• Advertisement

Noveight wrote: »

It looks like it's booked in for NCT

I wasn't sure if Jan 2019 was a mistake so I ran the reg through the NCT "manage booking" system and got a great big warning about how because it was within 5 days of confirmed appointment there would be a surcharge etc

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Noveight wrote: »

Shame the seller waffles on about a Toyota Team Europe body kit. Its a standard body kit fitted to the UK Blue Edition or Irish Strata model.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

bazz26 wrote: »
    [...] Its a standard body kit fitted to the UK Blue Edition or Irish Strata model.

And AFAIR Colour Collection trim got it by default as well.

I wouldn't blame the seller if you ask me - someone with lack of knowledge in that matter maybe would not notice the difference, and mentioning bodykit (although standard) could be just an additional selling point. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

joujoujou wrote: »
    And AFAIR Colour Collection trim got it by default as well.

I wouldn't blame the seller if you ask me - someone with lack of knowledge in that matter maybe would not notice the difference, and mentioning bodykit (although standard) could be just an additional selling point. :)

I'd say their waffle is aimed at a certain demographic - young males looking for something still cool with their peers that isn't a Golf TDi.

Unregistered Users

I still see no problem with that. As long as seller won't lie to a potential buyer, it's fine. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

bazz26 wrote: »
    Shame the seller waffles on about a Toyota Team Europe body kit. Its a standard body kit fitted to the UK Blue Edition or Irish Strata model.

Bought an 05 petrol one for 1400 recently, grand car but its thirsty enough.
    I'd have preferred the diesel to be honest given the extra economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2005-bmw-520i-with-new-nct/20871087

MTkzMTVlNzcyMjY0M2FhMmIwYmNkMDBiYWJjYjc1YTgxS7EV9BTT2-C8Sp1oDBihaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTY5ODI4Nzl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

NCT till 10/19, wisp of tax, nice plate, low owners, €1k

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis-2-0-d4d/20844002

ZTZkMjc4YTliNzk0ZmMwNDFhYWU0Y2RhOTc3YzJjZjfMuIe2Z2SLbEH9pvVW-WBDaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTY3NTI1NDV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Worth it for the reg alone!

NCT till August, d4d, €850

Unregistered Users

Both Aven and beemer have interesting plates indeed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

joujoujou wrote: »
    Both Aven and beemer have interesting plates indeed! :D

Pfft the only reg that matters is 1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

terrydel wrote: »
    Bought an 05 petrol one for 1400 recently, grand car but its thirsty enough.
    I'd have preferred the diesel to be honest given the extra economy.

I had a 04 1.4 petrol hatchback up to June last. Changed it for a 09 1.4 petrol Auris. Both have the same engine but the Auris is noticeably heavier on juice and not as peppy as the Corolla to boot. I wouldn't have considered the Corolla relatively thirsty and I don't hold back on the road. With a light right foot I would have actually good quite good MPG though. On a side note the Auris while it may not be a bad car generally feels an inferior product and not quite as robust compared to the Corolla.

The diesel one in the ad is definitely overpriced if that is what he is asking without NCT and even overpriced at that with a fresh test I would say. Either way it doesn't qualify for the thread at the moment without test.

Granted the mileage is higher but here is a 2006 with test until June asking €1,500
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-diesel-toyota-corolla-d4d-color-collection/20398997

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis-2-0-d4d/20844002

ZTZkMjc4YTliNzk0ZmMwNDFhYWU0Y2RhOTc3YzJjZjfMuIe2Z2SLbEH9pvVW-WBDaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTY3NTI1NDV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Worth it for the reg alone!

NCT till August, d4d, €850

Nice 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'05 Octavia 1.9 diesel
    Ya won't win any sexy contests with this!
    NCT Oct '19
    Tax March '19
    210k kms
    1 owner from new

Asking €1,299

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-octavia-1-9-tdi-one-lady-owner/20863368

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

do lads own any car? every car seems to have a lady owner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

nice_guy80 wrote: »

One lady owner, being sold by James.

• Advertisement

One lady owner, being sold by James.

Yeah its amazing how many ladies struggle with the internet and despite owning cars, always get a bloke to advertise or sell it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Yeah its amazing how many ladies struggle with the internet and despite owning cars, always get a bloke to advertise or sell it....

Its actually not - as a woman trying to sell a car is often hell on earth. Some Men carry on like you know nothing, treat you really badly and in some cases get very abusive with you.

I've had male friends advertise my cars for me in the past because of it. Funnily enough even though I wrote and took the photos for the advert - these sold better than when I had the exact same advert and answered the calls myself.

Kamili wrote: »
    Its actually not - as a woman trying to sell a car is often hell on earth. Some Men carry on like you know nothing, treat you really badly and in some cases get very abusive with you.

I've had male friends advertise my cars for me in the past because of it. Funnily enough even though I wrote and took the photos for the advert - these sold better than when I had the exact same advert and answered the calls myself.

Ah I was joking about the no doubt large number of chancer blokes who stick 'one lady owner' on an ad to try to con potential buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    In many instances, a lad is paying for it but was told what he was and wasn't buying ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Ah I was joking about the no doubt large number of chancer blokes who stick 'one lady owner' on an ad to try to con potential buyers.

absolutely! Not denying that happens either ;)

I have sold my sister in laws car several times as well as my mothers. In fact I have done the negotiation on my mothers past 3 cars. Not that she can't but sometimes it is easier for men in theses scenarios. Doesn't make it right but it is a factor.

Isn't the easiest way to just be upfront about the fact that it's your wifes car etc. As in.....

"2014 Golf 1.4 TFSI for sale

Here we have our family runaround Golf - in a very nice tungston silver.

It is my wife's car from new and she has kept it in excellent condition with regular servicing from our local VW dealer with paperwork to prove.

Nice part leather/part Alcantara interior.

Because we always planned to do low miles in the car we opted for the excellent 1.4 150 ps petrol as an alternative to diesel. Car drives very well and never crashed.

Test drive and mechanics inspection welcome

Price 12,000 euros or nearest sensible offer"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

W123-80's wrote: »
    '05 Octavia 1.9 diesel
    Ya won't win any sexy contests with this!
    NCT Oct '19
    Tax March '19
    210k kms
    1 owner from new

Asking €1,299

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-octavia-1-9-tdi-one-lady-owner/20863368

If you are depressed then don't buy that car, imagine getting up on a Monday morning, pi**ing rain and you walk outside the door and know you have to go to work in that :mad:

I think my Dad's car when I was young was a Ford Corina or something like that in that lovely shade of puke

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    If you are depressed then don't buy that car, imagine getting up on a Monday morning, pi**ing rain and you walk outside the door and know you have to go to work in that :mad:

Imagine going to the bus stop on a Monday morning, pissing rain and all.

I am sure I would rather be in that car.

It's bangeromics, not Range Rover owners forum :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

wonski wrote: »
    Imagine going to the bus stop on a Monday morning, pissing rain and all.

I am sure I would rather be in that car.

It's bangeromics, not Range Rover owners forum :)

I updated post, refering to the colour....not the car itself :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement