Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Must be plenty of people that would fit the bill perfectly for. Ultra cheap little runaround to buy and own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

terrydel wrote: »
    Must be plenty of people that would fit the bill perfectly for. Ultra cheap little runaround to buy and own.
    Has 30% more power than the 800cc Matiz... which was quite underpowered.
    I'd say that's a useful car and looks straight.
    My sister had an older model that I think was prone to brake issues. I'd make sure that braking was A1 and were serviced somewhat recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭crazyjim

Might suit somebody, I'd drive it.
    2003 Passat 1.8 auto petrol
    120,000 miles
    NCT 09-19
    €750

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-passat-1-8-t-/20832617

YWYyNDRkODA3MGViYWY5M2RmNzY3ZjQ4ZDAyODkxZmHqUBfuHFG1EXMaFdhIqR_caHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTY2NzM2NTN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Diego Murphy

Full Disclosure - this is my car that I'm selling-2007 Hyundai Coupe. 191k km. Upgraded to a TT so no longer need it. Be a good buy for someone. Had it for a year myself and was always reliable. E1400 ono

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-coupe-1-6-petrol-nct-august-2019/20833236

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Can anyone help me find a 7 seater reliable car for as cheap as possible.

I had just purchased a 2015 7 seater but that went terribly wrong, and I am going through legal action to get the car/money back.
    so, hopefully I will only need this bangeromics car for a couple of months

Type in "04 Passat estate, Mallow" on DoneDeal and see what you think of it.

I hope you get the other fiasco sorted sooner rather than later.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Thanks but that's not a 7 seater

Sorry about that, my mistake.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Can anyone help me find a 7 seater reliable car for as cheap as possible.

I had just purchased a 2015 7 seater but that went terribly wrong, and I am going through legal action to get the car/money back.
    so, hopefully I will only need this bangeromics car for a couple of months

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-ipsum-7-seater-automatic-family-car/20909581

Reliable and simple
    Guaranteed resale too as they're in demand for export so if you could get it for as close to €650 as possible you'd lose nothing.
    Only thing to look out for would be that the cooling system is up to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/04-turquoise-sky-blue-fiat-panda-5-door-1-1-litre/20743561

OTVlN2FiZWEzZjk3ZjFhOTMwMmIwZWQyYWQzYWFhNjR9pqj5lxA0yhcXq9hVtmpTaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTU5NTIyNDR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Won't set the world alight but this looks (and the ad reads) very genuine

1 owner 04 Panda, 64k miles, NCT Jan 2020, €975

Be a nice buy at closer to €800..dare I say a future classic!?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/99-toyota-corolla/20950049

YzFjMzE5NmIyYjA3NjhhMWMwMGNiNjM0OTU3Y2ZjMmX_zI-B_ercI0ZREDgrYnc7aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTc2MDkzNjl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Want!

1.3, tested till September, 1 previous owner (though looks UK spec) - €550

Worth it for those alloys alone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

That Corolla looks pretty much correct for a 99 spec Irish car.

They did change the seat trim and added that grill on 99 spec last of the bugeye before the 2000 facelift.

The diesel we have here has ABS as well which i though was standard.

Has the trim badge for the Irish spec on the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yeah, it’s Irish spec.

Comes back on Motorcheck as a Terra yeah

My 97 is too, and over it, it has colour coded bumpers, mirrors & handles, "chrome" grille, fogs, electric windows, rev counter, immobiliser and probably ABS.

Old diesel, I've got the Irish market 97 brochure in front of me, and that silver ("chrome") grille is an option..

My 97 is too, and over it, it has colour coded bumpers, mirrors & handles, "chrome" grille, fogs, electric windows, rev counter, immobiliser and probably ABS.

Old diesel, I've got the Irish market 97 brochure in front of me, and that silver ("chrome") grille is an option..

Yep 98 one here that got a/c and the chrome grill as options too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Yes all those extra features were added to the 99 Irish Terra spec. Except I'm not sure whether the immobiliser was factory fit as I've never noticed anything on ours to indicate it had one. Key looks normal for example.

Never realised the grill could be specced on earlier be versions.

Edit its possible I've got an immobiliser but we don't seem to have a master key like Fiat and Fords of the era no flashing red light etc.

Actually, immobiliser was standard across the range (in 97) according to my brochure, so yours likely has one

Yep 98 one here that got a/c and the chrome grill as options too.

Don't see many a/c..

Its done well to avoid the exporters!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Old diesel wrote: »
    Yes all those extra features were added to the 99 Irish Terra spec. Except I'm not sure whether the immobiliser was factory fit as I've never noticed anything on ours to indicate it had one. Key looks normal for example.

Never realised the grill could be specced on earlier be versions.

Edit its possible I've got an immobiliser but we don't seem to have a master key like Fiat and Fords of the era no flashing red light etc.

I don’t think front fogs were added. Even the old XLi Corollas had an immobiliser. The non immobiliser keys are very very thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Immobilisers became mandatory on all new cars sold in the EU in 1998

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Irish spec ones definitely did not have a/c as standard back then, even the most expensive ones. Sure they only bothered to fit it to all Irish spec ones about a year or two ago!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The last few posts have reminded my of a story from a cousin who was a Garda in the south east, sometime in the late 90's. He was picking up the new Corolla patrol car for his station in Dublin and on the road back to Wexford someone pulled out in front of him in wet conditions. He jammed on the brakes and never having experienced ABS before, thought he had somehow broke the car. By the time he he had it figured out, the other car was long gone, lucky for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'04 520 E60
    NCT March '20
    Tax March '19
    101k miles
    Auto, leather etc
    Asking €1,895
    Looks a nice genuine car albeit with a fierce long-winded advert!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-e60-showroom-tax-new-nct-4-20-low-mile/20959268

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/99-toyota-corolla/20950049

YzFjMzE5NmIyYjA3NjhhMWMwMGNiNjM0OTU3Y2ZjMmX_zI-B_ercI0ZREDgrYnc7aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTc2MDkzNjl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Want!

1.3, tested till September, 1 previous owner (though looks UK spec) - €550

Worth it for those alloys alone
    Again, probably irrelevant to strict Bangernomics but those Corollas were butt ugly at launch and time has been even less kind. I'd die a little every time I got into it. The motoring equivalent of driving an ugly fridge freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

W123-80's wrote: »
    '04 520 E60
    NCT March '20
    Tax March '19
    101k miles
    Auto, leather etc
    Asking €1,895
    Looks a nice genuine car albeit with a fierce long-winded advert!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-e60-showroom-tax-new-nct-4-20-low-mile/20959268

Long winded but presumably the tax is wrong in the advert? 268 euro for a 2 litre petrol?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

W123-80's wrote:
    '04 520 E60 NCT March '20 Tax March '19 101k miles Auto, leather etc Asking €1,895 Looks a nice genuine car albeit with a fierce long-winded advert!

Road tax of 268 ? Could have sworn the road tax on a 2004 2.2 litre car was closer to 1000 ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

It was probably taxed for 3 months and they saw €268 on the disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭elperello

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Long winded but presumably the tax is wrong in the advert? 268 euro for a 2 litre petrol?

2101-2200 cc is €268 per quarter.
    I'd say the person placing the ad just read it off the disc not realising that it is only for 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

'96 Corolla 3 door hatch
    NCT August '19
    Tax April '19
    120k miles
    Asking €850

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-1-3-auto/20956595

• Registered Users Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭elperello

W123-80's wrote: »
    '96 Corolla 3 door hatch
    NCT August '19
    Tax April '19
    120k miles
    Asking €850

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-corolla-1-3-auto/20956595

That's an ex UK car. Badged as Sportif.
    Looks lovely.

Irish spec ones definitely did not have a/c as standard back then, even the most expensive ones. Sure they only bothered to fit it to all Irish spec ones about a year or two ago!

It's an Irish spec terra corolla with the chrome grill, a/c and alloys as options. Grandparents bought it new in 1998 in Swinford Motors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

That's a nice E60, although very plain looking. Glorious M54 engine as well, worth buying it for that alone, although being a 2.2 it will be on the slow side. First thing anyone who buys it should do is change the gearbox oil and then they'd get years out of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement