Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

1874 wrote: »
    Calm down there, because it seems to be the way things are done on the thread, its easier, bit less convenient if on the phone too, nothing about entitlement at all, as you already have the details, may as well just provide the link, it can cause a bit of difficulty in locating the vehicle (it already did a few posts back when another poster could not locate the car),

I'm always calm, thanks for the concern.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

There is no guesswork.

I don't do links.

You're either interested in the car or you're not, if you're interested then you have all the information you need without having to wade through thousands of other cars on various websites.

What's with this lazy sense of entitlement that links must be provided?

You would have found that car with the info provided quicker than posting the three questions that you decided to ask instead.

"You're either interested in the car or you're not"

You either want to show people the ad or you don't. I really don't understand why you wouldn't give the link

2005 Toyota Corolla 1.4 diesel.

1 owner, Taxed until start of May 2019 NCT'd until the end of May.

250k miles. 875 euro on DoneDeal.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Put up a link and stop being a gowl

Put up a link and stop being a gowl

Easy on the name calling there's no need to throwing around personal insults.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

You're on the ad, it takes two seconds to copy and paste the link. The only reason you wouldn't is to be a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Either put the links or keep those posts in the drawer. Please.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    You're on the ad, it takes two seconds to copy and paste the link. The only reason you wouldn't is to be a pain in the arse.

Wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Right or wrong, the result is that it’s a pain in the arse. Maybe start your own thread of descriptions of cars for sale without links, see how it turns out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭pah

2018 Audi A6 2.0 diesel.

10k miles. 400 euro on DoneDeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

colm_mcm wrote:
    Cheap 147

That is a beautiful car!!

Get rid of the illegal plates and this is a very tidy looking Jetta Comfortline

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-volkswagen-jetta-sport/21011334

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

colm_mcm wrote: »

Window regulators on both front doors are faulty. Front wishbone to be redone...

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

pah wrote: »
    2018 Audi A6 2.0 diesel.

10k miles. 400 euro on DoneDeal.

Are there option to do thumb down on post like that and previous without links ?

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Are there option to do thumb down on post like that and previous without links ?

Fair enough on other poster but the one you quoted was a joke/parody of said other poster.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Tom

You really expect to see an a6 at that price, let alone one from last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't do links.
    Please use links

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

100% agree but can links be sent while on the phone app?

Personally I look at this thread daily from my phone and I don't think links can be sent via the app

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

100% agree but can links be sent while on the phone app?

Personally I look at this thread daily from my phone and I don't think links can be sent via the app

On the dd app hit the share symbol up on the top right of an ad and then scroll over to copy to clip board. Then come onto boards reply to thread and hit paste.

Job done

• Advertisement

I know how to copy and paste a link, the app doesn't let you.

When you paste a link into a post and hit send, your post doesn't appear.

Not for me anyway on my android phone.

I have just tried it again there and the post didn't get sent.

It’s easier to use boards desktop site on the phone.

colm_mcm wrote:
    It’s easier to use boards desktop site on the phone.

Yeah I was thinking that's how everyone gets around it because I imagine 90% of people on here are on their phones or tablets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The touch site isn't great but does the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Get rid of the illegal plates and this is a very tidy looking Jetta Comfortline

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-volkswagen-jetta-sport/21011334

What are these like on petrol

Not amazing, it’s the older 8 valve engine as opposed to the FSI. It’s a very smooth engine though. Late 30s to maybe 40 mpg if you’re taking it easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    The touch site isn't great but does the job!

The responsive site is basically impossible to use so the touch site is the only job.

Luxury pack Prius. Had paint.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-prius-hybrid-low-mileage-auto-2004-1950/19461134

NCT disc folded over to hide mileage maybe? Eyes wide open on this one, they’ve gone quite rare at this money.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Was looking for one before I bought my e11 in December, anything under two grand was pretty much in bits

I’d say the cert is folded to hide the reg

• Advertisement

Ah. Hadn’t spotted that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement