Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/rover-200-220-d-3door-diesel/21073422

NGNjNDUzY2ZkMWM3Nzk0YjkyNzYxMTQ5ZjBmOGIwZWWja7O-si_tMbOYGeCtvepBaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTg2MDIzODl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1 owner, diesel, 3 door and 60k miles!

NCT till November, tax till March. Much too expensive at €900 but what a gem. Needs to be at 5ish, which I'd wager the dealer would take..

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s bizzare that they are retailing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Luxury pack Prius. Had paint.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-prius-hybrid-low-mileage-auto-2004-1950/19461134

NCT disc folded over to hide mileage maybe? Eyes wide open on this one, they’ve gone quite rare at this money.

Ex taxi I would say.....

Look at them front doors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Was looking for one before I bought my e11 in December, anything under two grand was pretty much in bits

I’d say the cert is folded to hide the reg

How's this for a guess?
    https://www.cartell.ie/ssl/servlet/beginStarLookup?registration=04ww3233 :eek:

Mad_Mike wrote: »

Lol good work. I was trying but gave up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭selectamatic

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/rover-200-220-d-3door-diesel/21073422

NGNjNDUzY2ZkMWM3Nzk0YjkyNzYxMTQ5ZjBmOGIwZWWja7O-si_tMbOYGeCtvepBaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTg2MDIzODl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

1 owner, diesel, 3 door and 60k miles!

NCT till November, tax till March. Much too expensive at €900 but what a gem. Needs to be at 5ish, which I'd wager the dealer would take..

They're hot property up the north...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Guys im in college full time and do deliveries 4 nights a week

Currently using wifes passat

Need a second car as wrecking her car

What would you suggest

Guys im in college full time and do deliveries 4 nights a week

Currently using wifes passat

Need a second car as wrecking her car

What would you suggest

Yaris

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Yaris

Impossible to get a 1 litre at any kind of a reasonable price

People way over value yaris above 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

C1 ,107,aygo, charade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

Impossible to get a 1 litre at any kind of a reasonable price

People way over value yaris above 2006

daihatsu sirion may be as it is the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

My first ever link, a car that will run forever for under a grand but not for the cosmetically conscious.

NCT until the end of next month with less than 100 miles since last NCT.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1999-toyota-starlet-1-3-58-000-miles/20993571

Ye are welcome.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Something you'd actually drive yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

My first ever link, a car that will run forever for under a grand but not for the cosmetically conscious.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1999-toyota-starlet-1-3-58-000-miles/20993571

Ye are welcome.

You could tell us more about it instead of just posting a blind link to something we might have no interest in...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

wexfjord wrote: »

Absolutely.

Not up to your standards?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

I’d buy that just to polish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Not up to your standards?

I wouldn't say he's alone either

I’d buy that just to polish it.

What a satisfying challenge especially when it would shine up so good....

Reminds me of a red Cinquecento Sporting that I bought around 10 years ago.
    Was a lovely shade of pink! Polished it up, and it looked incredible, but alas, after a bit of time, it slowly lost the redness again
    Ended up selling it for good money after about 18 months ownership, but have recently regretted selling it as they are as rare as hens teeth now

washed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Ye are welcome.

NCT is a bit too short for comfort, but otherwise its textbook bangernomics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Cheap 147

All that work to weld a boot onto a 147 just for an LPG tank. That's dedication. :p

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Reminds me of a red Cinquecento Sporting that I bought around 10 years ago.
    Was a lovely shade of pink! Polished it up, and it looked incredible, but alas, after a bit of time, it slowly lost the redness again
    Ended up selling it for good money after about 18 months ownership, but have recently regretted selling it as they are as rare as hens teeth now

washed.jpg

What a gem. I remember you selling that years ago. Afaik it has tiny mileage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

wexfjord wrote: »

I'd drive it in between getting something else if I was stuck,but for less, so not sure about the price, being right on top of the next nct, I think it helps if the owner just gets it done, know someone who did the same, they wouldn't part with 55 or so quid to do the nct and encourage a buyer for their car and were astonished no one called.
    Ideal for that poster looking for something to do delivery, probably still reliable, insurance might be a killer.

Yeah! Bought it in 2008 and it was 1997 model with around 12,000 miles on it. Think there was about 14,500 on it when I sold it after. It was like a new car!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Right lads and lasses, last banger Skoda is due the test, and it will in it's ****e pass, so I'm on the hunt for something reasonable, that isn't thirsty, and that won't poison me with fumes, like the Skoda is.

50-70km a day, longer runs reasonably frequently, no need for a huge boot, and I'm not allowed any Alfas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Aren't they like a wet paper bag in a crash?

terrydel wrote: »
    Aren't they like a wet paper bag in a crash?

Ah in fairness, I'd say a wet paper bag would protect you better! :D:D

Right lads and lasses, last banger Skoda is due the test, and it will in it's ****e pass, so I'm on the hunt for something reasonable, that isn't thirsty, and that won't poison me with fumes, like the Skoda is.

50-70km a day, longer runs reasonably frequently, no need for a huge boot, and I'm not allowed any Alfas.

Petrol or diesel?
    Hatch or saloon?
    Engine size etc

• Advertisement

Last one was an 07 Octavia DSG 1.9

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement