Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub2k) of the week/day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Am I missing something here???

They dont have 'carsireland.com' setup properly.

Has to be 'https://www.carsireland.ie/'

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Am I missing something here???

https://www.carsireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Go to carsireland.ie, click on advertise your car, enter the reg and it'll return a small bit of info free including I think number of previous owners, I would link but I'm on the phone so..... ;-)

I wouldn't go by carsireland. It tells me my car has 5 or more owners even though im only the third owner of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-felicia-estate-glx/21114646

ZmNjOTBmOGZiY2ZlYjAxMTAxZDdiNGYyMDRiY2JhYjlvEgn3sfrSXntJq4mAAMV3aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTg5MDY3NzF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Tax till end of April, test till end of the year

Long term owner, it looks pretty reasonable too (especially for 225k miles!)

I know, I know - they're terrible etc, but for €350-400 it might make sense for someone?

I typed in the reg on the Cornmarket page of a Corolla I had that I sold in 2011 for peanuts because I more or less killed it...or so I thought. Ownership was last transferred in 2017. I nearly shed a tear of joy that someone possibly kept her on the road for another 6 years! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I think that's so uncool it's actually cool again. I like it, that'd be one of the first Skodas to be influenced by VW would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Felicia was very heavily based on the Favorit, but had stuff like the 1.9D engine and the 1.6 petrol from VW thrown in.
    Oh yeah. They added some VW engines to the later Favorits too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

Mostly b and a road driving, can be a thirsty drive every day in a petrol, so maybe a smaller diesel engine, or a frugal petrol.
    I don't want to admit it, but a Corolla is probably ideal, but cronically dull.

Mk1 skoda octavia 1.9tdi pre dpf, miser for diesel (fingers crossed), if you can get one with low mileage

Go to carsireland.ie, click on advertise your car, enter the reg and it'll return a small bit of info free including I think number of previous owners, I would link but I'm on the phone so..... ;-)

Nothing about owners on mine, although first since imported, have the model and engine bhp wrong too

How about this one, probably ring a few hundred out of it down to below 2k?
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-skoda-octavia-dual-zone-1-4-5d-low-miles/20827453

or this one in diesel, Tour?? looks like elegance spec except for climate control, both off same dealer
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-skoda-octavia-tour-1-9tdi/21120995

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

I typed in the reg on the Cornmarket page

What page is that??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭dmc17

What page is that??

Looks like Cornmarket insurance. Click car quote and enter the reg and it suggests the last registered date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

1874 wrote: »
    Mk1 skoda octavia 1.9tdi pre dpf, miser for diesel (fingers crossed), if you can get one with low mileage

Nothing about owners on mine, although first since imported, have the model and engine bhp wrong too

How about this one, probably ring a few hundred out of it down to below 2k?
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-skoda-octavia-dual-zone-1-4-5d-low-miles/20827453

or this one in diesel, Tour?? looks like elegance spec except for climate control, both off same dealer
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2007-skoda-octavia-tour-1-9tdi/21120995

The second Octavia linked is a tidy looking motor. An 07 plate mk 1!
    I can never figure why there is such crossover on the Octavia models. You can get mk1's on 09 plates, mk2's on 05 plates and I could be corrected but mk 3's on 09 plates also!
    The mk1 goes from 98(??) all the way to 09 with two other models mixed in between.
    Its weird.

W123-80's wrote: »
    The second Octavia linked is a tidy looking motor. An 07 plate mk 1!
    I can never figure why there is such crossover on the Octavia models. You can get mk1's on 09 plates, mk2's on 05 plates and I could be corrected but mk 3's on 09 plates also!
    The mk1 goes from 98(??) all the way to 09 with two other models mixed in between.
    Its weird.

The mk1 doesnt look half bad, think they made the mk1 versions up to 09 alright, Im sure I heard someone say that they saw maybe even one in 10 reg, but not 100%

Knew there was a crossover of dates for mk1/2 but didnt know it was the case with the mk3 version, maybe because it was only a facelift? again not 100% if there were other changes/differences than superficial.

I think that petrol one seems alright, if the timing belt/water pump is definite and its got low miles, looks ok, Id nearly prefer the mk1 though if I was looking, long enough NCT on them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They continued making the Mk1 for a while along side the Mk2 because it was popular with the likes of taxi drivers and was a good bit cheaper than the Mk2. I think they still build them for some countries to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

Only lasted a few minutes.

Gutted....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

lolliedog wrote: »
    Only lasted a few minutes.

typical lifespan of a Datsun cherry alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

typical lifespan of a Datsun cherry alright.

The volcano not the Datsun 🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I've seen a few 2011 mark 1 octy.... Going about.

They were cheap and parts a plenty. They ran them as said for taxi etc as they were so popular.

Now I see more Renault as taxis then anything else.

Skoda has got way too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

They were cheap and parts a plenty. They ran them as said for taxi etc as they were so popular.

Renault are giving 5 years warranty...Even on taxis with intergalactic miles on them.
    And yes Skoda are gone too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-felicia-estate-glx/21114646

ZmNjOTBmOGZiY2ZlYjAxMTAxZDdiNGYyMDRiY2JhYjlvEgn3sfrSXntJq4mAAMV3aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTg5MDY3NzF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Tax till end of April, test till end of the year

Long term owner, it looks pretty reasonable too (especially for 225k miles!)

I know, I know - they're terrible etc, but for €350-400 it might make sense for someone?

I really like the wheels on that car!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

What Renaults are the taxi guys getting usually.

Fluence was an option but they don't make them anymore.

So Megane Estate or GC or Trafic?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

bazz26 wrote: »
    They continued making the Mk1 for a while along side the Mk2 because it was popular with the likes of taxi drivers and was a good bit cheaper than the Mk2. I think they still build them for some countries to this day.

Communism for ya!

Old diesel wrote: »
    What Renaults are the taxi guys getting usually.

Fluence was an option but they don't make them anymore.

So Megane Estate or GC or Trafic?????

They made the Fluence upto about 2 years ago so plenty of choice out there for taxis drivers not buying brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

How does one confirm a jap car isn't clocked when buying from a dealer and first buyer in Ireland?

I see some dealers show the auction sheet but is that good enough to confirm or is there another way?

I'd say auction sheet is a good start but I suppose those can be forged too by a seller. You might want to trace the car back to the auction company in Japan and try and see if they can show you the auction sheet.

How does one confirm a jap car isn't clocked when buying from a dealer and first buyer in Ireland?

I see some dealers show the auction sheet but is that good enough to confirm or is there another way?

Most cars are digitial now, probably easier to adjust than mechanical odometers, but is it really that handy? would it not throw up an error code that could be found by an ODB2 dongle/app? although I have to say, I could understand if a seller was reluctant to allow me to connect anything up as Id be concerned enough for someone to do that if I was selling to not allow it, but I would not clock a car and sell it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/skoda-octavia-vrs-180bhp/21142032

MGE3NzQ3YjY1OGEzOWJmNDE3NGE4NTU2NmViMzY4NTdjqK83sfAX5cbmzFU9sMy1aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTkxMjM4NzF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

VRS with a years test, good quality tyres and a load of recent work done - €1300

I would!

People might start to think I work for this crowd, anyone any experience of them?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-citroen-c4-1-4-5dr-fresh-nct/21132122?campaign=6

I thought the octavias I posted from them previously may have actually been a bit steep after I checked prices on donedeal, other cars were cheaper but they had much higher mileage, but looking at prices out there of the same cars they seemed to match whats for sale,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

What are those Volvo like
    Much to look out for

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement